• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejects homosexuals...this is a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
btw, it's so nice how God placed drivingbackward on earth to let us know what He wants, isn't it.

But what if drivingbackward is actually a tool of Satan sent here just to steer us wrong? How can we tell?

If God put drivingbackward on earth just to deceive us, we would know because he wouldn't capitalize his screen name.

Now, let me think ...

Beaudreaux

I have three children all grown. No homosexual shall inherit the kingdom of god ...1 corinthians 6:9
Am I to understand that you hold the Bible as the highest authority on what God wants us to think and to about homosexuals? I find this hard to believe.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Well, gzus, when was the last time you took a public stand against divorce? Have you started any threads on the subject? Voted against a politician because he or she was divorced? Urged your party to sponsor legislation making it illegal? Or illegal for divorced people to remarry or adopt? Why does the U.S. recognize second marriage, do you think? It's so clearly and unambiguously un-Biblical. Yet there's no movement against it. Why do you think that is? Could it be because it's inconvenient for so many Christians, around 30% of whom themselves get divorced? While restricting Gay people is so darned handy, because they don't happen to be gay? What do you think?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
yes ..I use the word of god in all aspects of my life.

How easy do you think it is to put words in "god's" mouth? In the bible's case, it was primitive goat herders who did so. Also, don't you think it's sort of useless to quote a book to those who don't even believe in it? If a Muslim quoted the Koran to you, would you convert? Of course not, and it goes both ways. Just think about how many religions there are out there, and how many variations there are of each. And out of all of those, why should we trust you to have the correct faith when there is absolutely noting to differentiate one above the next as being more valid and credible? You'll have to actually substantiate your claims and statements with some evidence and logic.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well, gzus, when was the last time you took a public stand against divorce? Have you started any threads on the subject? Voted against a politician because he or she was divorced? Urged your party to sponsor legislation making it illegal? Or illegal for divorced people to remarry or adopt? Why does the U.S. recognize second marriage, do you think? It's so clearly and unambiguously un-Biblical. Yet there's no movement against it. Why do you think that is? Could it be because it's inconvenient for so many Christians, around 30% of whom themselves get divorced? While restricting Gay people is so darned handy, because they don't happen to be gay? What do you think?

DOH! Umm...I do not know....DOH!

Love

Dallas

Christian Pilgrim

Divorce rates among Christian groups:

The slogan: "The family that prays together, stays together" is well known. There has been much anecdotal evidence that has led to "unsubstantiated claims that the divorce rate for Christians who attended church regularly, pray together or who meet other conditions is only 1 or 2 percent". 8 Emphasis ours]. Dr. Tom Ellis, chairman of the Southern Baptist Convention's Council on the Family said that for "...born-again Christian couples who marry...in the church after having received premarital counseling...and attend church regularly and pray daily together..." experience only 1 divorce out of nearly 39,000 marriages -- or 0.00256 percent. 9
A recent study by the Barna Research Group throws extreme doubt on these estimates. Barna released the results of their poll about divorce on 1999-DEC-21. 1 They had interviewed 3,854 adults from the 48 contiguous states. The margin of error is ±2 percentage points. The survey found:

topbul1d.gif
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]11% of the adult population is currently divorced.[/FONT]
topbul1d.gif
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]25% of adults have had at least one divorce during their lifetime.[/FONT]
topbul1d.gif
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience.[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]U.S. divorce rates: for various faith groups, age groups and geographical areas[/FONT]

gzusfrk

Christian
I am against divorce. I have been married 28 years, just the one time,adultry in the armed services can get you in a heap of trouble.and its not just gay,its abortion also and many other things that are contrary to the word, second marriages is wrong in most cases.the gov says its ok cause there not christians, hope this helps.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
ITS EASIER to HATE gay people and call it LOVING them..

Its LESS convenient to stay in a HORRIBBLE marriage rather than just "get a divorce" and find someone new and say "God is graceful".

Its EASIER to sleep around (fornicate) untill you find someone you want to settle down with and say you are "repenting"...from fornication...

Dont ya'll get it?

Love

Dallas

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I am against divorce. I have been married 28 years, just the one time,adultry in the armed services can get you in a heap of trouble.and its not just gay,its abortion also and many other things that are contrary to the word, second marriages is wrong in most cases.the gov says its ok cause there not christians, hope this helps.

Right, fascinating. Now could you answer the questions I ask you? Could you lay out your long history of activism against second marriage in America? Do you challenge your remarried friends and relatives like you do your gay friends and relatives? Does your Church welcome them, or do they have to leave their spouse and repent first? Would you vote for a remarried politician (like Newt Gingrich or Ronald Reagan?) What efforts have you made to opposing second marriage? Can you direct us to your threads here at RF opposing divorce and remarriage?

btw, do you see how your logic regarding marriage applies to Gay people as well? The "gov says its ok cause there not christians?"

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I am against divorce. I have been married 28 years, just the one time,adultry in the armed services can get you in a heap of trouble.and its not just gay,its abortion also and many other things that are contrary to the word, second marriages is wrong in most cases.
Yes - I've heard about First Amendment violations in the US armed forces. It rather perplexes me that this would be so prevalent in a group of people who have all sworn oaths to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

the gov says its ok cause there not christians, hope this helps.
So second marriages are illegal for Christians? I'm confused.

Christian Pilgrim

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Cor 6

Welcome to the club you sinner. I am sexually immoral because I indulged in pre-martial sex on a regular basis. I have been married for 22 years. I have never committed adultery since I have been married in actual act (by the grace of God), but I have lusted in my heart; therefore I am an adulterer. Does that mean we as Christians will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yes - I've heard about First Amendment violations in the US armed forces. It rather perplexes me that this would be so prevalent in a group of people who have all sworn oaths to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

So second marriages are illegal for Christians? I'm confused.

There's no question about it, 9-10ths, the Bible is clear and unambiguous on this point, second marriages are absolutely prohibited for Christians--which has no effect on the millions of remarried Christians in America. Why do you think that is?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Cor 6

Welcome to the club you sinner. I am sexually immoral because I indulged in pre-martial sex on a regular basis. I have never committed adultery since I been married in actual act (by the grace of God), but I have lusted in my heart; therefore I am an adulterous. Does that mean we as Christians will not inherit the kingdom of God?

Christian: poor gzusfrk's posts are not very clear. I think he was trying to say he's only been married once, not that he's committed adultery once.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Adultry in the armed forces CAN get you in a "heap" of trouble?

HOW many committ adultry??? MANY do ..its RAMPANT..How many are actually court marshalled for it?

Oh and this part is amusing...

second marriages is wrong in most cases.the gov says its ok cause there not christians, hope this helps.[/

Are you saying "most" Christains who have been married and divorced and remarried aren't Christians?

Love

DAllas

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There's no question about it, 9-10ths, the Bible is clear and unambiguous on this point, second marriages are absolutely prohibited for Christians--which has no effect on the millions of remarried Christians in America. Why do you think that is?
I meant illegal in the secular context. gzusfrk said that the government permits people to remarry because they're not Christians... but lots of people who remarry are Christians and the government doesn't stop them, so something just doesn't add up.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
As I said, gzusfrk has a problem with his posts being unclear. I think he's saying the government isn't Christian. Or maybe that there are non-Christians, I'm not sure.

gzus: Maybe you could work on being a little more clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.