• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejects homosexuals...this is a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Pilgrim

the bible gives two reasons to divorce.your spouse dies.or cheats on you.

Even if someone divorces within biblical reasons, Scripture does not clearly teach that you can remarry. Actually, if you marry someone who is divorced, you are a perpetual adulterer. A word of advice, you need to take Scripture verses in context of the entire Bible. If you look at Scripture through the lenses of Christ and Him crucified on behalf of wretched sinners, you will be okay. Focus your eyes of Jesus and not on this issue.

Matthew 5:32
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Hebrews 12

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Even if someone divorces within biblical reasons, Scripture does not clearly teach that you can remarry. Actually, if you marry someone who is divorced, you are a perpetual adulterer. A word of advice, you need to take Scripture verses in context of entire Bible.

I dont know what context you take it in ..but I take it as rIdiculous that two people divorce and one or both remarry and its considered living in perpetual sin(adultery) with their new spouse.

Love

Dallas

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As I said, gzusfrk has a problem with his posts being unclear. I think he's saying the government isn't Christian. Or maybe that there are non-Christians, I'm not sure.

gzus: Maybe you could work on being a little more clear?

ok ok I'll work on being more clear...autodidact is right about what I said.

Okay... I get it. Who the "they" referred to was ambiguous, and I assumed the wrong subject for it.

the bible gives two reasons to divorce.your spouse dies.or cheats on you.
In the first case, no divorce is necessary. Death of a spouse ends the marriage without a divorce.

Christian Pilgrim

I dont know what context you take it in ..but I take it as rIdiculous that two people divorce and one or both remarry and its considered living in perpetual sin(adultery) with their new spouse.

Love

Dallas

I'm just making a point, but thanks for bringing that up. The point is that if we take a verse out of context from the rest of Scripture, we are in great danger of becoming self righteous Pharisees. In my theology, the sin that dams a soul to Hell is unbelief in the Son of God for reconciliation. But that's another thread, right?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Love

Dallas

Well that is what Jesus said, Dallas.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
In the first case, no divorce is necessary. Death of a spouse ends the marriage without a divorce.

Thats CORRECT.Its good you pointed that out..Some must be confused and think if your husband or wife dies you have to get a divorce after the funeral.

Love

Dallas

gzusfrk

Christian
you can be a christian at any time in your life. my brother is married to a woman who has been married 7 times. she can go to heaven. and you said "So you are saying" its not I that am saying its the bible thats saying.

Christian Pilgrim

you can be a christian at any time in your life. my brother is married to a woman who has been married 7 times. she can go to heaven. and you said "So you are saying" its not I that am saying its the bible thats saying.

Why do you interpert Jesus' words on divorce differently than the issue of homosexuality?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

I'm not following. Your brother is an adulterer, and will clearly not go to heaven. There is no question about it.

In Luke 16:18 Jesus says:
Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.
Mark 10, Jesus again:
"Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

Have you counseled him to leave her and repent his adultery?

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The bible also instructs us on how to sell our daughters as a sex slaves:
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment."
(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
So tell me, what sane person would use this book as a moral compass?

gzusfrk

Christian
Even if someone divorces within biblical reasons, Scripture does not clearly teach that you can remarry.
this is not correct the bible says better to marry than to burn with passion. second marriage can be biblical correct.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

So your bother is committing adultery?

OH NO let me GUESS NOW after beign married 7 times she's a "Christian" so it doesnt count??

"she " can go to heaven..??Well bless her soul..

I just hope for her sake(heavens) that she didnt make a promise to God all 7 times to be faithful and loyal till DEATH parted them.

Love

DAllas

Well, that's easy enough then. Hate is a bad fruit. Drivingbackwards preaches hate, therefore he gives us bad fruit. And as Jesus tells us in the New Testament, we can recognize false prophets by their fruit, for a good tree does not bear bad fruit.

Sure, and what are the fruits of homosexuals?

Because I read the bible and the bible says that what homosexuals do is an abomination to God, are you saying that I am talking in the name of Satan?

Excuse me but it is totally the contrary, because the ones who believe that being homosexuals is acceptable to God they are believing in a lie.

Jesus called "hypocrites" to some pharisees, is that an argument that Jesus hated them? Oh, come on. I don't hate homosexuals, but I consider their actions as an abomination because such is what God consider them as well.

Of course, Satan is on the side of homosexuals, because Satan wants men to perish forever, and homosexuals are an easy task by lying them saying: "love one to another...etc..." The truth is that the love between homosexuals IS abomination to God and nothing will change this fact.

I cannot change it, so I can't do anything in favor of homosexuals in the religious aspect, because I cannot mess with the word of God, and on the contrary, I find the word of God as full of wisdom.

Please don't look for more excuses, the word of God is clear and homosexuals will never ever be acceptable to God. This is what the bible stands for, and any misinterpretation of it is at your own risk.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.