• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejects homosexuals...this is a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Yeup. Sin is forgivable. Long as you believe in Jesus and try to not do it over and over again. :eek: It amazes me to see that people think sin is a death sentence, that cannot be removed. You must have not read a single thing Jesus taught. Hey if you have no God or your God is different than me, thats fine. Believe whatever make you happy it is your right of free will.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Yah if he is truly sorry. God can forgive it if He chooses to. Whether He actually does or not is another story.

Trey of Diamonds

It amazes me to see that people think sin is a death sentence, that cannot be removed. You must have not read a single thing Jesus taught.

It amazes me that people think they can commit any crime they wish and can be absolved of any guilt just by asking for forgiveness.

CarlinKnew

Yah if he is truly sorry. God can forgive it if He chooses to. Whether He actually does or not is another story.

Right, so anything goes as long as we apologize at the end of the day. Let the raping and pillaging begin! Thanks Christianity!

Enoch07

Premium Member
It amazes me that people think they can commit any crime they wish and can be absolved of any guilt just by asking for forgiveness.

Yah that is the perk of Christianity. Of course if you don't love God asking for forgiveness is pointless.

Trey of Diamonds

Yah that is the perk of Christianity. Of course if you don't love God asking for forgiveness is pointless.

Yep, that whole love me and only me or else tactic really makes me want to jump on the ol' Christian bandwagon. :sarcastic Kind of sounds like a timeshare salesman. "Love me and only me and you can earn points for the afterlife. Commit sins and you have to spend time in the less than upscale purgatory but confessing and asking forgiveness can take some of that time away and get your points back. Just sign here and my son will take you through the rest of the paperwork..."

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
Do you think it's possible to find more than a handful of people who have lived a long life and have never ever sinned? There are sooooo many sins, thoughts?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Yep, that whole love me and only me or else tactic really makes me want to jump on the ol' Christian bandwagon. :sarcastic Kind of sounds like a timeshare salesman. "Love me and only me and you can earn points for the afterlife. Commit sins and you have to spend time in the less than upscale purgatory but confessing and asking forgiveness can take some of that time away and get your points back. Just sign here and my son will take you through the rest of the paperwork..."

If you love God you reap benefits of His love. If you don't love Him, you receive no benefits. It just kills you that it is so simple, I can tell by the cynicism in your post. Besides you are not Christian anyways. Why do you care? For someone who does not care you sound awfully vindictive. You don't hear me complaining about Unitarianism.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
If you love God you reap benefits of His love. If you don't love Him, you receive no benefits. It just kills you that it is so simple, I can tell by the cynicism in your post. Besides you are not Christian anyways. Why do you care? For someone who does not care you sound awfully vindictive. You don't hear me complaining about Unitarianism.

what benefits have you reaped from god to date exactly?

Enoch07

Premium Member
You don't understand then. Life. As in all of reality, the good and the bad. You don't have to thank God, its called free will. I am thankful because I love God.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
You don't understand then. Life. As in all of reality, the good and the bad. You don't have to thank God, its called free will. I am thankful because I love God.

yes but we have the same things, the only difference is you are thanking the wrong person/entity.

we both have a great life (at least I do), I don't believe in god, so what's the difference? I think the only difference I see is that you hate gay people and I don't.

Trey of Diamonds

Ah but you aren't speaking of benefits, you are speaking of punishments. If you don't love him you will be punished. You will go to hell and burn. This is what you as a Christian believe right? It's what was shoved down my throat every Sunday morning when I attended a Baptist church. (the real reason I'm slightly vindictive.)

Oh, and I do still consider myself to be a Christian, I just reject the Christianity that you are preaching. I prefer that of the 3rd century before the Roman's got ahold of it.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Ah but you aren't speaking of benefits, you are speaking of punishments. If you don't love him you will be punished. You will go to hell and burn. This is what you as a Christian believe right? It's what was shoved down my throat every Sunday morning when I attended a Baptist church. (the real reason I'm slightly vindictive.)

Oh, and I do still consider myself to be a Christian, I just reject the Christianity that you are preaching. I prefer that of the 3rd century before the Roman's got ahold of it.

Obviously your Baptist Church you attended was a false church. Because you believe in the fairy tale that Dante weaved regarding the different levels of hell and demons and pitchforks. You only receive benefits from loving God. If you are sent to hell it is because you did not love God. Even damnation is a blessing. God loves you so much He ends your misery if you do not pass judgement. He simply destroys your soul so that you do not have to suffer in His presence anymore. You base your opinions on God from people who were misguided to begin with. People that only attend church because they are afraid of God. I do not fear God. Because I love God, and He loves me. I have no reason to fear God.

Enoch07

Premium Member
yes but we have the same things, the only difference is you are thanking the wrong person/entity.

we both have a great life (at least I do), I don't believe in god, so what's the difference? I think the only difference I see is that you hate gay people and I don't.

It must not be that great if you are here complaining. I have a great life, you don't here me complaining about other peoples religion. Thats the difference. You have not read any of my post either. I have gay friends and support them unconditionally. You are obviously biased and hateful, or you would have seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.