• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
His truth is not my truth. His truth is an unbelief in my beliefs - and his his only purpose on this thread is to belittle. If he can not offer anything constructive - then he just wastes my time.....

This is simply not true. I do not disbelieve your beliefs - I wouldn't know what it was that I was believing or disbelieving as you haven't said anything meaningful. And my only purpose is not to belittle - it's to expose the silliness of your posts in the only meaningful way - through humor.

Beaudreaux has tried to do this through carefully crafted Socratic dialog and in-depth questioning, but I saw this was a pointless endeavor quite a ways back.

Additionally, I'm not wasting your time as you do not need to read, nor respond to, my posts - it's your choice to "waste your time" if you wish.

Protip: Meaningful debate cannot take place if all those involved cannot agree on shared definition of terms. You cannot accurately discuss a concept if you don't even have a specific, and consistent, definition of what it is, as well as the people you're discussing it with. You refuse to be specific, nor consistent, and therefore anything you say is meaningless in a discussion.

Judgment

Roli: It's good thing you don't worship or praise god,as your signature phrase states,you'd never make it to work,as a matter of fact you would'nt be able to get off your knees to make it out the door.

Your confession states there is one true God, but then you hold a pantheistic viewpoint at the same time.
I understand that God created all things and His glory in his creation attests to this,but to say that God is everything broders on what He called "idolatry"

Can you explain what you mean ?
Well this is refreshing - an honest question. I have explained what I mean in well over 100 posts.

idolatry huh? I hope you don't have a crucifix of Christ hanging on your wall.

I challenged your God and he refused to debate me. Could you please do me a favor and tell me what you think of some of his teachings.. here.

Post 161: Yahweh & Allah... the two that speak as spoiled rotten angry children - I challenge them to a game of reason.For, theirs is the realm of self righteous glory and theirs is the realm of the horrific story.
Behold the glory! Behold the story!

Yahweh, The OT states that you should not work the Sabbath...and - your male or female 'slave' should also not do any work ?? You did not think slavery to be wrong?

Yahweh, The OT states that working the Sabbath or being disrespectful to ones parents are crimes that require a punishment of 'Death'... If you would have told me that this is the word of God and I must obey - I would have told you to F Off!

Yahweh and Allah, The OT and the Koran state that Adulterer's should be stoned to 'Death'... I shake my head in disbelief.

Allah, the Koran states " 'Kill' 'Unbelievers' wherever you find them"... Even if this was said only at a time of war.. and 'God' did need to say such a thing... should God not have said 'enemy' instead of 'Unbelievers'... or does Allah believe that all 'Unbelievers are in fact the 'Enemy' ?

Allah, the Koran states "Do not question 'one word' of Allah or his prophets or you will face a painful doom". No religion.. no system of thought is infallible and none should be followed blindly. If Allah's followers refuse to question even one word for fear of a painful doom - then - I will be one of the ones to question - I fear not the horrific punishments (My skin will be burned off.. only to grow back again so the pain can start anew - so it is written) for daring to ask questions.

If God would have said "End all slavery now" and "Do not stone people to death" then that would have been Gods word and countless suffering would need not have occurred.
God's word should 'transcend' human history and 'human laws'. It appears that these Gods were only able to speak to the people of a certain time period - I say 'RUN' as fast as you can... from any God that teaches violence 'at all' - they do not have the best interests of their children in mind.

Now.. I understand that the 'Truth' is a combination of 'Everything' and I mean these Gods or their followers no ill will. The door is always open.... take a peak inside. Reach up....and take the hand of God.... you will be lifted to the heavens. May the light of the Father shine upon you.. and keep you safe for the remainder of your days.

Judgment

atotalstranger: This is simply not true. I do not disbelieve your beliefs - I wouldn't know what it was that I was believing or disbelieving as you haven't said anything meaningful. And my only purpose is not to belittle - it's to expose the silliness of your posts in the only meaningful way - through humor.

Beaudreaux has tried to do this through carefully crafted Socratic dialog and in-depth questioning, but I saw this was a pointless endeavor quite a ways back.

Additionally, I'm not wasting your time as you do not need to read, nor respond to, my posts - it's your choice to "waste your time" if you wish.

Protip: Meaningful debate cannot take place if all those involved cannot agree on shared definition of terms. You cannot accurately discuss a concept if you don't even have a specific, and consistent, definition of what it is, as well as the people you're discussing it with. You refuse to be specific, nor consistent, and therefore anything you say is meaningless in a discussion.
You believe you are more clever than you really are... and - you do nothing but waste my time. And waste a thread. If you continue I'll be gone...

Beaudreaux

Well this is refreshing - an honest question. I have explained what I mean in well over 100 posts.

idolatry huh? I hope you don't have a crucifix of Christ hanging on your wall.

I challenged your God and he refused to debate me. Could you please do me a favor and tell me what you think of some of his teachings.. here.

Well! I guess Roli is not right "for him" and HIS worldview is not part of the everything that is the truth.....

Beaudreaux

You believe you are more clever than you really are... and - you do nothing but waste my time. And waste a thread. If you continue I'll be gone...
Oh, don't be a baby! You're supposed to possess dgreat truth/opinion that we cannot understand. Where are we going to go to find out about the partial everything and the absolute truth that conforms to individuals? Because I gotta tell ya, this is the only place I've been able to read this kind of stuff and I'm starting to get addicted. If you leave, where will I get my daily non-sense?

Last edited:

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Well! I guess Roli is not right "for him" and HIS worldview is not part of the everything that is the truth.....
My beliefs have been explained to you over and over - You understand nothing that I say - and continue to ask the same questions. You are becoming more and more negative in tone. I will only respond to your posts if I feel like it from now on... You offer me no new challenges.

Beaudreaux

This is simply not true. I do not disbelieve your beliefs - I wouldn't know what it was that I was believing or disbelieving as you haven't said anything meaningful. And my only purpose is not to belittle - it's to expose the silliness of your posts in the only meaningful way - through humor.

See, now THAT's engaging and interesting. Tons of value "to me."

Beaudreaux

My beliefs have been explained to you over and over - You understand nothing that I say - and continue to ask the same questions. You are becoming more and more negative in tone. I will only respond to your posts if I feel like it from now on... You offer me no new challenges.
Very well. I accept your surrender.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Nope. My purpose is never just to ridicule, but sometimes it's the most adequate mode of response. Your opinion may be that I've added nothing to this thread, but perhaps you're not my intended audience.

There's a wonderful quote I've recently heard, that I'd like to add here, where people would shout at "Dirty" Harry...

"Give 'em hell, Harry"

where he'd reply

"I don't give em hell.. I just quote em directly and it FEELS like hell!"

;)

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Of course not - their God's are large in their eyes - but - small in terms of the God I speak of. Yahweh & Allah exist outside of the human race - they have realms of existence that are outside of themselves. The God I speak of includes these God's, includes Heaven & Hell - includes everything - the size is infinite. These Gods are only ‘part’ of the God I speak of. The Jewish God exists outside of the known Universe – The Christian God is the Jewish God. The God I speak of.. there is nothing outside.
I can't comment on he God of the Muslims, as they are so diametrically opposed to one another, as light is from darkness. The God I serve exists in and created both the known universe and outside it's vastness.
In my experience and that of countless other Christians that have a personal expereince and encounter with God, may it be duly noted that he does exist within our dimension .
I therefore presume it's just your ignorance of that manifested presence in which he indwells believers personally that you suffer with.
Your ability to presume absolute knowledge of the Judeo Christian God in which you don't even know,astounds me.

Of course. That does not mean that other Gods are not correct. However - Other God's are easy to defeat -Yahweh & Allah... the two that speak as spoiled rotten angry children - I challenge them to a game of reason.For, theirs is the realm of self righteous glory and theirs is the realm of the horrific story.
Behold the glory! Behold the story!
Maybe some day you'll have opportunity to take it up with God face to face, according to prophecy of scripture, it may be sooner than later.
It's empowering to make such assertions to a God you can't speak face to face with. Your finite knowledge in your assessment of who and what God is all about is entertaining to say the least.

Yahweh, The OT states that you should not work the Sabbath...and - your male or female 'slave' should also not do any work ?? You did not think slavery to be wrong?
So you think God endorses the context in which you use the term"slavery",then you must also think that of murder, adultry,sacrifice of children to the gods, etc.
The slavery found in OT was not intended to be a means to which men (taskmasters) have taken it.
Man can take anything and pervert it to satisfy their own desires.

Yahweh, The OT states that working the Sabbath or being disrespectful to ones parents are crimes that require a punishment of 'Death'... If you would have told me that this is the word of God and I must obey - I would have told you to F Off!
This one sided view you hold is opinion only, you don't have full knowledge of why it was so at that time,or why God did what he did,so how can you justify your position.
I'd like to be there when you tell God to F off.
I think it will slightly different then what you suppose.
Maybe you will fall on your face in complete shame of your present position and awe of His glory and Holiness ,like those who expereinced his presence.....?

Yahweh and Allah, The OT and the Koran state that Adulterer's should be stoned to 'Death'... I shake my head in disbelief

I can't speak for the god of the muslims,but Yahweh's Holiness and the reverence he requires is much deeper then what it appears on paper.
Maybe God is doing the same at your finite mind and continual ignorance of His Holiness .
Why i speak so much of His Holiness is that the law was instituted and why it was so severe and final,I can't rightly say. All I know is that with God his Holiness is beyond our ability to comprehend. Think about something that is so pure and majestic that we humans can't stand in his presence because of his absolute glory. I read about and comprehend a bit ,but I am always left with absolute awe in what standing in his presence would be like.

Allah, the Koran states " 'Kill' 'Unbelievers' wherever you find them"... Even if this was said only at a time of war.. and 'God' did need to say such a thing... should God not have said 'enemy' instead of 'Unbelievers'... or does Allah believe that all 'Unbelievers are in fact the 'Enemy' ?
Different god,can't answer!

If God would have said "End all slavery now" and "Do not stone people to death" then that would have been Gods word and countless suffering would need not have occurred.
So you think that;s how it should be, maybe you fail to comprehend the law of God
God's word should 'transcend' human history and 'human laws'. It appears that these Gods were only able to speak to the people of a certain time period
The bible has most certainly stood the test of time, and does trandcend an era of time. Mankind have attempted to eradicate scripture from existence,but have failed time after time and the lives that have been changed from the power of God and his word, is well,beyond our ability to grasp.
But you probably would'nt know much about that as your circle of influence and associations don't appear to delve into that aspect of what God's word actually does to a life.
I presume you border more on the fringe of skepticism,refutation and reason and that's ok ,if that's where you want to be.

- I say 'RUN' as fast as you can... from any God that teaches violence 'at all' - they do not have the best interests of their children in mind.
On the contrary, he says that about those who will experience His judgement upon the earth, they will cry out for the rocks to fall on them, then to face the dreadful vengence of the Lord upon his enimies.

Bishadi

I can't comment on he God of the Muslims, as they are so diametrically opposed to one another, as light is from darkness.
same God as Christians

The God I serve exists in and created both the known universe and outside it's vastness.
then you 'away from the garden' to ever think you are separate from god "
I therefore presume it's just your ignorance of that manifested presence in which he indwells believers personally that you suffer with. Your ability to presume absolute knowledge of the Judeo Christian God in which you don't even know,astounds me. "

Man can take anything and pervert it to satisfy their own desires.
watching you do it now

This one sided view you hold is opinion only, you don't have full knowledge of why it was so at that time,or why God did what he did,so how can you justify your position.
same argument i have.......... how can the monkeys who follow and 'collection' of opinions (books of bibles) and think they 'speak for god'
I'd like to be there when you tell God to F off.
you're doing it, throughout the post

I think it will slightly different then what you suppose.
boy are you going to be surprised when you find out who is who

Maybe you will fall on your face in complete shame of your present position
just don't go hang yourself OK kid

I can't speak for the god of the muslims,but Yahweh's Holiness
same god

,but I am always left with absolute awe in what standing in his presence would be like.
over the net its tough, but in person, with your mouth, i bet you get slapped

Different god,can't answer!
nor has any of the crap you posted

So you think that;s how it should be, maybe you fail to comprehend the law of God
first ONE is no baring false witness and you be lyin!

i guess YOUR god allows you to lie, right?

The bible has most certainly stood the test of time, and does trandcend an era of time. Mankind have attempted to eradicate scripture from existence,but have failed time after time and the lives that have been changed from the power of God and his word, is well,beyond our ability to grasp.
perhaps to MONKEY's who don't evolve, but more people DO NOT believe the bible is perfect,

especially the honest ones, who know every word in existence were the CREATIONS of mankind.....

On the contrary, he says that about those who will experience His judgement upon the earth, they will cry out for the rocks to fall on them, then to face the dreadful vengence of the Lord upon his enimies.
and liars like you are who reap the worst

Last edited:

Bishadi

So, when you say the truth is a combination of "everything", do you really mean "everything"?
NO

some crap is just that crap......... created by mankind

But to know EVOLUTION....... we have pretty birds, right? But the dinosaurs are extinct. That means, the 'good' additions to knowledge will continue in the evolution, the stupid stuff will be extinct.

Or do you mean some things, like some parts of other religions and some worldviews that contribute to a holistic view?

there is only ONE that is correct; its called UNDERSTANDING

it is the pinnacle of evolution

Last edited by a moderator:

Bishadi

You can not distinguish between truths being different for different people. You have shown that you believe 'Truth' to be based 'only on' Truths that we must all adhere to. But - there is more than one definition for truth.....
Opinions vary, truth exists.

Many have various definitions of what is true but words often get in the way based on opinions...............that is what this whole thread is about.

Man opinions based on defining the truth.

problem is too many idiots do not comprehend the illiteracy of old scribes.

they had not the words to define much of what is defined NOW in this period.
The greater 'Truth' is all ideas, all god's, all thoughts, all everything combined. But.. that does not mean that we all believe that everything we hear is the 'Truth'.. . The Truth I speak of when I say 'The Truth is a Combination of Everything' is not the same as your conception of truth.

The greater 'Truth" is all religions combine under the CORRECT rendition.

Meaning, once the ABSOLUTE is observed, then MOST opinions found in religions, can be observed and understood as intented.

They ALL combine, once the comprehension is understood!

Such as 'LIGHT is life'.............. is not suggesting the SUN as in Rah (but they were correct too, in their period as well because the sun is what supports most all life on this earth)

but to comprehend LIGHT, then taking up your CROSS can be understood by knowing what LIGHT is, in fact! (scientifically)

They share the same wisdom but comprehending that means the current EVOLUTION of knowledge must include more than the observance of strictly religious opinions.

basically, it is you guys not having enough moxy to ask quality questions, when you are picking on the man and his limits rather than observing the quality of combining........... some of you monkeys are driving up his back working on the very flaw of being a man.

Why not try me?

Or are you guys too scared to face up?