• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Bishadi

Is this supposed to be a meaningful statement?

does everyone agree on the word God?

if not it is because the definition is not 'equally' understood.

does everone agree on the word 'cat'?

if so then the definition is equally understood.

if everyone agreed on what 'life' is, then comprehension to most any religion can be understood.
Perhaps you would like to start a new thread on this one, child
. :drool:

are you insinuating ............ immaturity?

if you think you can be honest, sure... open up any thread you like

:sleep:

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
does everyone agree on the word God?

if not it is because the definition is not 'equally' understood.

does everone agree on the word 'cat'?

if so then the definition is equally understood.
Many people disagree on the meanings of many words.

For example, while some might consider this:
chihuahua_puppy.jpg

to be a dog... it's hardly effective at doing dog-like things... like guarding the house, or running down criminals, or rounding up cattle :p

Judgment

atotalstranger post 381: This is simply not true. I do not disbelieve your beliefs - I wouldn't know what it was that I was believing or disbelieving as you haven't said anything meaningful. And my only purpose is not to belittle - it's to expose the silliness of your posts in the only meaningful way - through humor.
I haven't said anything meaningful ? silliness ?

I have battled the likes of you before - your type of posts are always delivered by those that are unable to actually debate their opponent.

Judgment

Beaudreaux post 390: Very well. I accept your surrender.
No surrender - You have helped reduce the debate to condescending and belittling and mocking. You are the one that has ended the actual debate with me.

Judgment

Storm: No, you just haven't said anything worth responding to.
Nothing worth responding to ? Again - I have battled the likes of you before - your type of posts are always delivered by those that are unable to actually debate their opponent.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Sure I do. :) You say that the truth is a combination of everything, all worldviews and perspectives. Why then do you denigrate Roli's worldview?
Same questions.. same comments... that have already been answered.. same same same same.... Time to replace the record - it is broken.

Judgment

Roli: I can't comment on he God of the Muslims, as they are so diametrically opposed to one another, as light is from darkness. The God I serve exists in and created both the known universe and outside it's vastness.
In my experience and that of countless other Christians that have a personal expereince and encounter with God, may it be duly noted that he does exist within our dimension .
I therefore presume it's just your ignorance of that manifested presence in which he indwells believers personally that you suffer with.
Your ability to presume absolute knowledge of the Judeo Christian God in which you don't even know,astounds me.
My ignorance? Is your God the only God ? Is your way the only way ? Is your Truth the only truth ?
Roli: Maybe some day you'll have opportunity to take it up with God face to face, according to prophecy of scripture, it may be sooner than later.
It's empowering to make such assertions to a God you can't speak face to face with. Your finite knowledge in your assessment of who and what God is all about is entertaining to say the least.
The entertainment comes from knowing that I am already face to face with God.
Roli: So you think God endorses the context in which you use the term"slavery",then you must also think that of murder, adultry,sacrifice of children to the gods, etc.
The slavery found in OT was not intended to be a means to which men (taskmasters) have taken it.
Man can take anything and pervert it to satisfy their own desires.
That makes no sense - God said that your slaves should also have the Sabbath off - what type of slaves was your God speaking of then?
Roli: This one sided view you hold is opinion only, you don't have full knowledge of why it was so at that time,or why God did what he did,so how can you justify your position.
I'd like to be there when you tell God to F off.
I think it will slightly different then what you suppose.
Maybe you will fall on your face in complete shame of your present position and awe of His glory and Holiness ,like those who expereinced his presence.....?
One sided view ? Your God said to kill each other for working the Sabbath or being disrespectful to their parents. God's word should transcend human history and human laws - that is not the case here.
Roli: I can't speak for the god of the muslims,but Yahweh's Holiness and the reverence he requires is much deeper then what it appears on paper.
Maybe God is doing the same at your finite mind and continual ignorance of His Holiness .
Why i speak so much of His Holiness is that the law was instituted and why it was so severe and final,I can't rightly say. All I know is that with God his Holiness is beyond our ability to comprehend. Think about something that is so pure and majestic that we humans can't stand in his presence because of his absolute glory. I read about and comprehend a bit ,but I am always left with absolute awe in what standing in his presence would be like.
Ignorance on me again I see - Stoning adulterers to death is barbaric. If you do not question what you follow - you follow blindly.
Roli: So you think that;s how it should be, maybe you fail to comprehend the law of God
Yes.. That's how it should 'have been'
Roli: The bible has most certainly stood the test of time, and does trandcend an era of time. Mankind have attempted to eradicate scripture from existence,but have failed time after time and the lives that have been changed from the power of God and his word, is well,beyond our ability to grasp.
But you probably would'nt know much about that as your circle of influence and associations don't appear to delve into that aspect of what God's word actually does to a life.
I presume you border more on the fringe of skepticism,refutation and reason and that's ok ,if that's where you want to be.
The refutation of reason is you believing such barbaric teachings are ok at any time.
Roli: On the contrary, he says that about those who will experience His judgement upon the earth, they will cry out for the rocks to fall on them, then to face the dreadful vengence of the Lord upon his enimies.
You bow to a God that teaches violence to his children. Keep your eyes sky bound to view the incoming rocks.

Beaudreaux

No surrender - You have helped reduce the debate to condescending and belittling and mocking. You are the one that has ended the actual debate with me.
Well for what it's worth, I think it's fair to say that no one, and I mean NO one, has spent as much time trying to understand your position than I have on this thread. I still think your worldview is illogical, but I've given you more than a fair hearing.

Your defense of your worldview is so very flawed that the best way to point it out is to use it myself in the hopes that you will see and understand. I know you consider this mocking, but se la vie. When you say no one's worldview is ever absolutely/universally wrong, you no longer have legitimacy when criticising others. Hey, they're all part of the composite truth, right? You can never say that anyone who attacks your position is wrong because according to you, NO ONE is ever really wrong. It's all just opinions.

Beaudreaux

I haven't said anything meaningful ? silliness ?

I have battled the likes of you before - your type of posts are always delivered by those that are unable to actually debate their opponent.
Perhaps it would help if you would lay out the tenets of your worldview in bullet points. Seriously. Then is would be clear what you believe. Sometimes boiling down to the essence helps.

So, what are the 5 or so tenets of your worldview?

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Well for what it's worth, I think it's fair to say that no one, and I mean NO one, has spent as much time trying to understand your position than I have on this thread. I still think your worldview is illogical, but I've given you more than a fair hearing.

Your defense of your worldview is so very flawed that the best way to point it out is to use it myself in the hopes that you will see and understand. I know you consider this mocking, but se la vie. When you say no one's worldview is ever absolutely/universally wrong, you no longer have legitimacy when criticising others. Hey, they're all part of the composite truth, right? You can never say that anyone who attacks your position is wrong because according to you, NO ONE is ever really wrong. It's all just opinions.
Dumb statement. Everything you have said has already been explained - You understand nothing. Is there no one on this forum that can actually debate me ? You are not capable.

Beaudreaux

Nothing worth responding to ? Again - I have battled the likes of you before - your type of posts are always delivered by those that are unable to actually debate their opponent.
Wow! Generalize much? "The likes of you"? Your post reveals much about you...

BTW, I think it's a little late in this thread to start talking about the virtues of debate when you have repeatedly stated that human logic "fades away" when discussing worldviews.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Perhaps it would help if you would lay out the tenets of your worldview in bullet points. Seriously. Then is would be clear what you believe. Sometimes boiling down to the essence helps.

So, what are the 5 or so tenets of your worldview?
My beliefs have been laid out for all to see. At first I blamed myself for not being able to explain them in a way that 'all' could understand. Now I blame the listener.

Beaudreaux

Dumb statement. Everything you have said has already been explained - You understand nothing. Is there no one on this forum that can actually debate me ? You are not capable.
LOL! Your explanations....geeze what's the right word?.....Oh yeah...SUCK! Just becausee you typed some nonsense in response to valid questions does NOT mean that you have adequately answered anything. How funy is it that a guy who doesn't believe in human logic is criticising ANYone's debating skills.

When I point out to you that the people debating you are also all part of the truth, you never have an adequate response. Either everything is part of one big truth or it's not. Either God is everything, or it's not. If you are right [BIG shudder] then none of us can be wrong.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Wow! Generalize much? "The likes of you"? Your post reveals much about you...

BTW, I think it's a little late in this thread to start talking about the virtues of debate when you have repeatedly stated that human logic "fades away" when discussing worldviews.
When discussing God - not worldviews - you non listening gnat. I feel like I am swatting away nothing but gnats here.

Beaudreaux

My beliefs have been laid out for all to see. At first I blamed myself for not being able to explain them in a way that 'all' could understand. Now I blame the listener.
Of course THAT makes sense. A hundred people on this forum. No one gets you (except maybe for Bishadi). Clearly all of US are at fault. Man! Did you debate in college or high school because your reasoning is......unique.....

Beaudreaux

When discussing God - not worldviews - you non listening gnat. I feel like I am swatting away nothing but gnats here.
LOL. Thank you for the laughs this morning. Seriously.

So, your conception of God, which you say is EVERYTHING by the way, is not the same thing as your worldview. Could you please explain to this person witch bad debating skills how the heck that's possible?

Judgment

Beaudreaux: LOL! Your explanations....geeze what's the right word?.....Oh yeah...SUCK! Just becausee you typed some nonsense in response to valid questions does NOT mean that you have adequately answered anything. How funy is it that a guy who doesn't believe in human logic is criticising ANYone's debating skills.

When I point out to you that the people debating you are also all part of the truth, you never have an adequate response. Either everything is part of one big truth or it's not. Either God is everything, or it's not. If you are right [BIG shudder] then none of us can be wrong.
LOL indeed. Same comments again and again.... You are a bigger fool than I first imagined. I am now debating you as you have debated me... meeting like action with like action...

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Of course THAT makes sense. A hundred people on this forum. No one gets you (except maybe for Bishadi). Clearly all of US are at fault. Man! Did you debate in college or high school because your reasoning is......unique.....
Already explained.. of course. All that enter this arena have already made their minds up. You believe in no God. The thought of God is illogical to you. Others already have their minds made up if they believe of a God of any kind - if any of you hear anything different - YOU ARE WRONG! MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY! I expected exactly what I have received.