• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Judgment

Beaudreaux: LOL. Thank you for the laughs this morning. Seriously.

So, your conception of God, which you say is EVERYTHING by the way, is not the same thing as your worldview. Could you please explain to this person witch bad debating skills how the heck that's possible?
LOL! worldview is how you see our world. I go way beyond that. You are the one that makes me laugh. I pity your mind, your imagination, and your worldview.

Beaudreaux

Already explained.. of course. All that enter this arena have already made their minds up. You believe in no God. The thought of God is illogical to you. Others already have their minds made up if they believe of a God of any kind - if any of you hear anything different - YOU ARE WRONG! MY WAY IS THE ONLY WAY! I expected exactly what I have received.
I see you're handing us another big steaming pile of reason. Nice!

So, the only way that someone can enter this thread with an open mind is if they already believe exactly what you believe? Anyone who does not already agree with you has "already made up their minds"? Wow, that means you'll never be able to change ANYone's mind. How hard it must be to be you , swatting at the "gnats" that don't see how incredible you are.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: I see you're handing us another big steaming pile of reason. Nice!

So, the only way that someone can enter this thread with an open mind is if they already believe exactly what you believe? Anyone who does not already agree with you has "already made up their minds"? Wow, that means you'll never be able to change ANYone's mind. How hard it must be to be you , swatting at the "gnats" that don't see how incredible you are.
How do you enter a thread about God with an open mind ? You don't believe in God. Your only purpose on this site is to discredit any posts concerning God. Your strategy is clear to see. And yes - the majority of minds are already closed to other possibilities. You are indeed a gnat - a foolish one.

Beaudreaux

LOL! worldview is how you see our world. I go way beyond that. You are the one that makes me laugh. I pity your mind, your imagination, and your worldview.
Oh, you "go beyond" alright. Take a moment to come stop swatting us "gnats", come down from the pedestal and read what experts have to say about what a worldview is. I know that listening to others is not your thing, but give it a shot.

I know this will make no sense to you (since human logic fades away, whatever, whatever), but if you think God is "everything" then there can be nothing that is outside of that conception. If God is "everything" then your VIEW of Him is your VIEW of the world. A "world" "view" so to speak. Any of this at all getting through?

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Oh, you "go beyond" alright. Take a moment to come stop swatting us "gnats", come down from the pedestal and read what experts have to say about what a worldview is. I know that listening to others is not your thing, but give it a shot.

I know this will make no sense to you (since human logic fades away, whatever, whatever), but if you think God is "everything" then there can be nothing that is outside of that conception. If God is "everything" then your VIEW of Him is your VIEW of the world. A "world" "view" so to speak. Any of this at all getting through?
You are on your pedestal - But - you are losing your balance. Worldview - view of your world. I am explaining my beliefs of God - which in my view is billions of worlds - with nothing outside. Not only the beliefs and traditions of Man. I am thinking outside of the traditional worldview . The worldview you speak of is directly related to Man and his existence as related to world on which we live.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: How do YOU? You have laid out what you already believe and have demonstrated a lack of willingness to accept other ideas. It is YOU who are close minded.
Dumb statement - and it means you have understood nothing I have said.

Beaudreaux

My beliefs have been laid out for all to see. At first I blamed myself for not being able to explain them in a way that 'all' could understand. Now I blame the listener.
For future reference, based on my exchanges with you, blaming yourself is proabably a good starting place for ANY problem you're trying to understand.

Yes, you have "laid out" your beliefs in much the same way that a bull in a china shop "lays out" porecelain. How about doing a little organization of your thoughts and putting them into understandable tenets?

Judgment

Beaudreaux: For future reference, based on my exchanges with you, blaming yourself is proabably a good starting place for ANY problem you're trying to understand.

Yes, you have "laid out" your beliefs in much the same way that a bull in a china shop "lays out" porecelain. How about doing a little organization of your thoughts and putting them into understandable tenets?
For Future reference... The ship of fools is leaving the dock. Hurry up or you will miss the beginning of our journey.

Everyone of my posts explaines my beliefs - by stating them again does not mean you will have any more clarity of thought understanding them.

Iman

I chose to start my browsing with this thread because God to me is the essence of religion and the starting point of any exploration or discussion in this realm. Although I am a follower of a revealed religion: Islam, I still believe that no one really knows the whole truth about God. God is one before time, before the big bang, before everything we knew came into being. God will be there if and when all comes to an end. That there is a divine essence in everything does not reduce the notion of God as above and beyond the visible and material as we experience it.

Beaudreaux

Everyone of my posts explaines my beliefs - by stating them again does not mean you will have any more clarity of thought understanding them.
OK, let me get this straight. You have said all you are going to say about your beliefs and you will not say any more......why are you still here?

Judgment

Iman: I chose to start my browsing with this thread because God to me is the essence of religion and the starting point of any exploration or discussion in this realm. Although I am a follower of a revealed religion: Islam, I still believe that no one really knows the whole truth about God. God is one before time, before the big bang, before everything we knew came into being. God will be there if and when all comes to an end. That there is a divine essence in everything does not reduce the notion of God as above and beyond the visible and material as we experience it.
Hi Iman... I just wanted to say that is refreshing to receive a post that is not mocking in tone here. My posts today are negative - but that is only because I am meeting negative with negative in order to not get swallowed up. I know the correct way to behave in such a battle is to meet Positive against the Negative - However.... I have had enough. It's tough being a fallible human being.

As far as your post - well done. And... As far as my views on God in this thread - Hey.. I could be wrong. :)

Beaudreaux

Your comebacks are the stuff of legend.
  • You are on your pedestal
  • You are the one that has ended the actual debate with me.
  • You are the one that makes me laugh.
If you hit me with "I know you are, but what am I?" I think I may have to surrender...

Judgment

Beaudreaux: OK, let me get this straight. You have said all you are going to say about your beliefs and you will not say any more......why are you still here?
No - I am not going to keep answering the same questions and dealing with the same comments from you.

Beaudreaux

For Future reference... The ship of fools is leaving the dock. Hurry up or you will miss the beginning of our journey.

Ok, maybe you're busy right now or don't like lists. If everything you believe is adequately stated in theses posts, I'll take a shot at laying out your tenets for you in the next few posts.

Judgment

Beaudreaux: Ok, maybe you're busy right now or don't like lists. If everything you believe is adequately stated in theses posts, I'll take a shot at laying out your tenets for you in the next few posts.
Since you do not understand me - that is not possible. I am the only one that can adequately explain my beliefs. Your attempt will be childish as most of your posts have become.

Beaudreaux

No - I am not going to keep answering the same questions and dealing with the same comments from you.
Judging by your statement, you are unable to understand a concept God that does not fit in with your already made up conclusions.
I prefer you stay and continue to challenge - but - I have found that people with their minds already decided prefer to belittle and then to run and hide. I'll be here if you are able to gain any courage. :)

Beaudreaux

I think you should keep that Avatar - it fits.
Oh, I'm keeping it for a while, alright! It's a constant reminder of just how enormous someone's ego can get. How hard it must be for the great and powerful Judgement to have to bother with the gnats that don't agree with him. Such people are to be swatted away because they are inferior beings who annoy his greatness.

As a bonus, I have a great story for anyone who asks me about it. :)

Beaudreaux

Since you do not understand me - that is not possible. I am the only one that can adequately explain my beliefs. Your attempt will be childish as most of your posts have become.
Well, since you're gnot going to do it, and since your beliefs are so plainly laid out, all i have to do is organize the quotations into tenets. I promise not to add any of my own gnat words. Only the words of the great Judgement.