• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas, innocent Palestinians, and the UN

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I don't know that would be why I asked. Are there examples?
Off the top of my head, it has initiated dozens of UN resolutions against Israel. None against N Korea or other countries with horrible human rights violations. The OIC wants Jews out of the ME.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Instead of endlessly condemning Israel, they could put some heat on Hamas, Hezhollah, Jordan, Iran and Egypt - all of whom share some responsibility for this mess.
Israel is pressured because it is an actual government actively pursuing a massacre. It is really that simple.

Hamas and Hezbollah do not have representatives in the UNO.

Granted, Iran at least deserves some pressure as well. But apparently no one believes the UN to be the best agent for that pressure, for easily guessed reasons.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As for the OIC... I can understand willingness to disregard them. Can I ever.

But there isn't a lot of point in the UNO doing that. The organization is almost entirely of a diplomatic nature; it has very little authority over the represented states. Hearing them can be frustrating, but it is better than failing to.

icehorse

Premium Member
Israel is pressured because it is an actual government actively pursuing a massacre. It is really that simple.

Hamas and Hezbollah do not have representatives in the UNO.

Granted, Iran at least deserves some pressure as well. But apparently no one believes the UN to be the best agent for that pressure, for easily guessed reasons.
How about Jordan, with 4th generation "refugee" camps, and Egypt, with its borders so often closed?

icehorse

Premium Member
As for the OIC... I can understand willingness to disregard them. Can I ever.

But there isn't a lot of point in the UNO doing that. The organization is almost entirely of a diplomatic nature; it has very little authority over the represented states. Hearing them can be frustrating, but it is better than failing to.

Agreed, which is why when posters use UN resolutions against Israel as evidence, I'm unmoved.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The US blocked the latest attempt by the UN to take action on human rights .. as it has done numerous times in the past. The UN has called out Israel on war crimes and crimes against humanity on a regular basis in this 7 decade long blood feud .. but every time it tries to do something US blocks it.

The Palestinians have the right to self defence against the occupier .. just like the good citizens of Ukraine. If we would have armed the Palestinians like we did the Ukrainians .. I would venture to guess that these problems would have been resolved long ago ...

I doubt that,remember the 6 day war:

50,000 troops
214,000 reserves
250[9]–300 combat aircraft[10]
800 tanks[11]
Total troops: 264,000
100,000 deployed
Egypt: 240,000
Syria, Jordan, and Iraq: 307,000
957 combat aircraft
2,504 tanks[11]
Saudi Arabia: 20,000[4][2]
Lebanon: 2 combat aircraft[citation needed]
Total troops: 567,000
240,000 deployed

InChrist

Free4ever
One aspect perplexes me - the anomaly - concerning Gaza and its people. How is it that the Palestinians in Gaza are generally considered to be entirely innocent, and mostly they probably are apart from those who fervently support Hamas, but where the leadership of Hamas can carry out horrific crimes (as they did against Israel), with such not being justified by any prior equivalence in the history between the two sides (the sheer appalling brutality of this), given this was about as far distant from any decent morality as one can get?

We seem to have a situation where the civilians are constantly portrayed as the innocent victims all the time but where the associated leadership can carry out such war crimes - so a bit convenient. Is this a bit of an anomaly or even schizophrenic - it's not moral when others do such but it is when we do so? Unless of course the civilian population repudiated such actions. Never going to happen though, is it. And are those living in Gaza also in agreement with being used as pawns (very much sacrificial ones too it seems) in a larger game, involving Arabs or Muslims as a whole, in a vast game of political and/or religious chess?

Unless this is the future - a civilian population claiming innocence and distancing themselves from any leadership which can then do at the same time the most heinous crimes. Most convenient.
I think you bring up some important points. For one thing, from what I’ve read children are indoctrinated into hatred toward Israel/Jews from a very young age and taught that violence against Israel is their duty. A very sad situation, but that’s their environment. Civilians who possibly may have a different perspective, likely must keep their feelings quiet or risk themselves or families being ostracized, imprisoned, or worse. Some attempt escape. I’ve read accounts of people who have escaped, even former terrorists. It’s difficult, though.
Even now, Hamas makes it extremely difficult for people who trying to escape the battle zones.

“And we've seen active efforts by Hamas to block these people from leaving, which I think is appalling at a whole new level. And once we see that the situation will be permissible for significant combat operations, then they will commence."

Sargonski

I doubt that,remember the 6 day war:

50,000 troops
214,000 reserves
250[9]–300 combat aircraft[10]
800 tanks[11]
Total troops: 264,000
100,000 deployed
Egypt: 240,000
Syria, Jordan, and Iraq: 307,000
957 combat aircraft
2,504 tanks[11]
Saudi Arabia: 20,000[4][2]
Lebanon: 2 combat aircraft[citation needed]
Total troops: 567,000
240,000 deployed

No idea what you are doubting .. and what the 6 day war have to do with IDF war crimes and crimes against humanity over this 70 year Blood Fued.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No idea what you are doubting .. and what the 6 day war have to do with IDF war crimes and crimes against humanity over this 70 year Blood Fued.
It's a feud fueled by religious fundamentalism.
It's not about land.

Look at the map of the Middle East. Borderless extensions of land where Arab nations live.
It's about the fundamentalists in those countries of the Gulf funding this holy war in order to undo a sovereign nation, because they dream of the Caliphate.
Those who dream of the Caliphate don't recognize the borders of the ME: those are straight lines made with the ruler by the British and the French.
And at least the Jordan River is a natural border, it could have been used to draw the map better, between Israelis and Arabs.

Sargonski

It's a feud fueled by religious fundamentalism.
It's not about land.

Look at the map of the Middle East. Borderless extensions of land where Arab nations live.
It's about the fundamentalists in those countries of the Gulf funding this holy war in order to undo a sovereign nation, because they dream of the Caliphate.
Those who dream of the Caliphate don't recognize the borders of the ME: those are straight lines made with the ruler by the British and the French.
And at least the Jordan River is a natural border, it could have been used to draw the map better, between Israelis and Arabs.

Aside the religious fundamentalism on both sides -- which definitely provides some of the flame -- the Zionist movement was initially led by Atheists .. and its all about Land .. what is the Phrase "From Jerusalem to the Sea" or some such thing.

and for the Palestinians it is not about religion .. it is about living under occupation .. wanting to rid themselves of the Nazi Like conditions and treatment .. the mass crimes against humanity over decades - countless war crimes and terrorist atrocities by a much bigger and stronger invader.

Who is not a fundamentalist at that point .. when your wife and children have been mercilessly targeted for death .. and you come home .. finding them . and all of your neighbors in a crowded apartment block dead .. because someone the IDF was targeting happened to into the huge apartment block in one of most crowded neighborhoods in the world .. I think even an atheists gets a bit fundamentalist nut job on revenge to the perpetrators.

For my part -- when you keep folks in a cage - treat them like animals plus all manner of abuse and persecution -- not some big surprise when they act like animals. Problem is that the Jailers in this case are worse than animals -- beneath human garbage .. far greater evil than any so called label of the day "Terrorist Groups" .. which now includes the Cop City Protesters. Way way way .. worse on the scum scale are the Israeli Leaders .. who's objective is land .. and want to ethnic cleanse the land .. Just like Deut 32:8 -- (a proper reading which means not a modern Bible and prior to the MT .. mind you even the MT keeps the ceansing part)

Sargonski

Agreed, which is why when posters use UN resolutions against Israel as evidence, I'm unmoved.

Hugely flawed perspective friend - it is the US who has had its hand on the head of the UN for decades --- pretty much owning the organization via being the Global Economic - Military Hegemon that we once were.. Israel given a pass far more often than it deserves over the years .. but even then there was criticism .. back in the good old days .. when we were in full control ... and even by the US when the abuse was so vile.

but those days are gone .. we no longer the hegimon we once were .. and now just completely overlook the mass crime against humanity going on far past the point of complicity in the current mass War Crime.

Even the US has criticized IDF war crimes many times in the past.. the EU almost every second Sabbaoth for the longest time . "Democracy Now" reporting such atrocity every second Day in Gaza and the Occupied Territories prior to Oct 7 .. when the rabid dogs got out of cage and sought vengeance and retribution on the Prison Wardens .. and it was an ugly picture to be sure .. which got far uglier in the retribution to the retrubution to the retribution ............. .......... ......... to first stone to hit head of the other familiy in this 7 decade long blood feud.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Aside the religious fundamentalism on both sides -- which definitely provides some of the flame -- the Zionist movement was initially led by Atheists .. and its all about Land .. what is the Phrase "From Jerusalem to the Sea" or some such thing.
So it's about Jerusalem?
Well...The Turks stole Constantinople from the Greeks. The Greeks have forgiven them.

Because they are Christians. Christians believe in forgiveness.
And now Turkey and Greece are in good terms.

By the way, Greeks founded Byzantium in the VIII century BC. 2000 years of Greek history.

Last edited:

Sargonski

So it's about Jerusalem?
Well...The Turks stole Constantinople from the Greeks. The Greeks have forgiven them.

Because they are Christians. Christians believe in forgiveness.
And now Turkey and Greece are in good terms.

By the way, Greeks founded Byzantium in the VIII century BC. 2000 years of Greek history.

Who said it about Jerusalem ? and what relevance does Bryzanntium have to the ongoing War Crime - Crime against humanity - going on in the Occupied Territories for 70 years .. and the latest effort in "Ethnic Cleansing" .. in the most true sense of the word ..from both an Atheist and a religious perspective ..

"Forgiveness" -- Sorry friend .. not much of that been going on in this 70 year long blood feud .. its lack of that which makes it a blood feud. and the Greeks .. which you had not made relevant - had a good way of solving the problem of the blood feuds.. this was round the time .. just comming out of the dark age .. "Bronze Age Collapse" round the 7th century BC .. bit problem with these blood feuds .. whence upon "Draco" the Lawgiver -- came up with some harsh laws to deal with this problem .. implementing the Lex Talionis -- eye for eye - tooth for tooth .. which was basicly if you go kill one on that side .. we gonna kill one on your side .. preferrably the one that did the killing .. very harsh punishments from where we get the word "Draconian"

And this would work today .. just treat the Palestinians fighting the Occupier - with the right of self defense - like we do the Ukrainians .. Then the these extremist Zealots gonna think twice .. and be seeking peace and the 2 state solution .. .. give up wardenship of the Prison.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Who said it about Jerusalem ? and what relevance does Bryzantium have to the ongoing War Crime - Crime against humanity - going on in the Occupied Territories for 70 years .. and the latest effort in "Ethnic Cleansing" .. in the most true sense of the word ..from both an Atheist and a religious perspective

It turns out that Israelis want to share Jerusalem with the Palestinians.
It's Palestinians that don't want to share it with Israelis.

They don't share. They say: we want it all.