• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas must be eradicated

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Wrong, Gaza is an open air prison, created by the Israeli state. It is a ghetto, a Muslim ghetto. They are oppressed by both Hamas and Israel.
The world sends billions of dollars of aid to Gaza, why is it a ghetto?

Little Dragon

The world sends billions of dollars of aid to Gaza, why is it a ghetto?
Well it's not reaching the right people is it? Given that the Palestinians are among the poorest people on earth, what with very high infant mortality and low life expectancy for adults and so on, especially now eh?

icehorse

Premium Member
Well it's not reaching the right people is it? Given that the Palestinians are among the poorest people on earth, what with very high infant mortality and low life expectancy for adults and so on, especially now eh?
And why is it not reaching the right people? Is that Israel's fault? Of course not. Hamas grabs all that aid. Hamas keeps Gaza a ghetto.

icehorse

Premium Member
Yeah, have you ever heard of counter terrorism? It's where the police and army, instead of destroying a city containing suspected terrorists, they send in special forces to eliminate them?
And how well has that worked if you look at recent wars?

Little Dragon

Why is it important? Who will be doing the judging?
It is important, because muslim lives, matter. It is important because no nation state in the world, has the right to obliterate a defenceless civillian population. Israel has already committed various atrocities and human rights violations, in it's effort to purge Gaza of any living thing. We can let the Hague judge. For now international condemnation and public opinion, is the judgement. I don't know anyone in my family or social group, who supports the excess and brutality of Israeli responses.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nobody I know. Hamas must be eradicated. That much is true.
True?
Is it even possible.
Who would wage war against Hamas in the
other countries where it has support, eg,
Turkey, Malaysia, Iran, Qatar?
Would attempts to eradicate Hamas only
make Israel look more brutal, as many
civilians die in the attempt?
Would these countries attack Israel, despite
threats of annihilation by USA?

The common chant to exterminate Hamas
is ill considered IMO. This "final solution"
approach has failed for 70 years, leading
only to increasing conflict.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, Hamas is responsible for keeping Gaza a ghetto.
You really believe that Israel has no role in this?

Excerpted...
Despite pleas from the United Nations and human rights groups, Israel has maintained a land, air and sea blockade on Gaza since 2007 that has had a devastating effect on Palestinian civilians.

Little Dragon

And why is it not reaching the right people? Is that Israel's fault? Of course not. Hamas grabs all that aid. Hamas keeps Gaza a ghetto.
Israel created the ghetto, over many years. Hamas is certainly grabbing the lion's share of the loot for itself. Of course.

Little Dragon

The common chant to exterminate Hamas
is ill considered IMO. This "final solution"
approach has failed for 70 years, leading
only to increasing conflict.
How is the question. How without merely creating a vacuum for another to take their place in. We need to eradicate the whole reason why Hamas exists first. ;)

icehorse

Premium Member
It is important, because muslim lives, matter. It is important because no nation state in the world, has the right to obliterate a defenceless civillian population. Israel has already committed various atrocities and human rights violations, in it's effort to purge Gaza of any living thing. We can let the Hague judge. For now international condemnation and public opinion, is the judgement. I don't know anyone in my family or social group, who supports the excess and brutality of Israeli responses.
I disagree with almost all of this, so you'll get the last word. But I will say:

- ALL lives matter
- Obliteration is not happening
- The news media is far from objective, "if it bleeds, it leads"
- Use your common sense, don't rely on biased news media
- Try to zoom out and see the bigger context.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How is the question. How without merely creating a vacuum for another to take their place in. We need to eradicate the whole reason why Hamas exists first. ;)
As long as Israel kills, maims, & oppresses Palestinians,
there will always be a group to arise in violent retaliation.
The only long term solution is for Israel to treat the
Palestinians with justice. But USA & Israeli voters oppose
that. This foundation for conflict must change.

Little Dragon

I disagree with almost all of this, so you'll get the last word. But I will say:

- ALL lives matter
- Obliteration is not happening
- The news media is far from objective, "if it bleeds, it leads"
- Use your common sense, don't rely on biased news media
- Try to zoom out and see the bigger context.
I get all my information from various sources. Including wikileaks, Private Eye and other highly independent sources. 15,000 dead and missing now. A city in smoking ruins. What other descriptive word for death and destruction, wholesale, should I use?