• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Help us stop the IndoctriNation!"

Photonic

Ad astra!
You Atheist's crack me up when you say "get over it" or "deal with it".

I see this all the time, progressive biased teachers indoctrinating and many times in college challenging their students.

Conservative thought in many college classrooms is a straight ticket to a failing grade.

When either side tries to shove their opinion down an other's throat, there will be a backlash.

"In God We Trust", Repealing Row vs. Wade or just having public prayer at an event gets a progressives panties in a wad way more than this covert under the radar ridiculing of the religious conservatives in school rooms.

Myself, I say live and let live unless you really would prefer push comes to shove.

You know why it's a straight ticket to failing?

Because it does not encourage thought.

In fact, conservatism by its very definition is the retention of a state.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You know why it's a straight ticket to failing?

Because it does not encourage thought.

In fact, conservatism by its very definition is the retention of a state.

Horse Pocky! If your statement where correct, Progressives would not be in lockstep on every issue.

Without fail or any coincidence, your pro choice but anti capital punishment.

Your Anti-second amendment, but pro same sex marriage.

If there was any free thinking at all we would have gun toting lesbians who support capital punishment or people who support at least one Conservative viewpoint.

I personally support same sex marriage but still consider myself a member of the religious right. In other words, I think for myself.

Places of higher learning should teach folks how to think not what to think.

I have yet to see a progressive that does not worship Albert Gore and the man made global warming bull crap!

Photonic

Ad astra!
Horse Pocky! If your statement where correct, Progressives would not be in lockstep on every issue.

If there was any free thinking at all we would have gun toting lesbians who support capital punishment or people who support at least one Conservative viewpoint.

I personally support same sex marriage but still consider myself a member of the religious right. In other words, I think for myself.

I have yet to see a progressive that does not worship Albert Gore and the man made global warming bull crap!

Right to live ends at birth, right?

Begone, you have no rights to put such words in my mouth, I'm not even a liberal.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Right to live ends at birth, right?

Begone, you have no rights to put such words in my mouth, I'm not even a liberal.

I believe I called you a progressive. :p

Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted any of your positions.

Seeing how you failed to respond to the point of free thinking progressives who do not indoctrinate, one might assume that the removal of religion in schools just changed the curriculum but did little to remove indoctrination especially in college.

Trey of Diamonds

I consider myself a progressive, and I think Al Gore is an idiot. While I believe Global Warming is happening I don't believe the impact of mankind is as major as most, nor do I think the actions of mankind can reverse it as it's most likely a natural occurance.

Photonic

Ad astra!
I believe I called you a progressive. :p

Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted any of your positions.

Seeing how you failed to respond to the point of free thinking progressives who do not indoctrinate, one might assume that the removal of religion in schools just changed the curriculum but did little to remove indoctrination especially in college.

So progress is...negative?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
The fact of the matter is..this thread was started with a clip charging the schools and governments with trying to indoctrinate our kids....This is far from the truth and no one has presented any evidence of this. Even with all the mindless drivel about "progressives"... the only people trying to indoctrinate our kids are the religious (not all but some). We don't want religious beliefs taught in schools as an alternative to anything anymore than the religious want Evolutionary Biology as an alternative taught in Sunday schools.

Trey of Diamonds

The fact of the matter is..this thread was started with a clip charging the schools and governments with trying to indoctrinate our kids....This is far from the truth and no one has presented any evidence of this. Even with all the mindless drivel about "progressives"... the only people trying to indoctrinate our kids are the religious (not all but some). We don't want religious beliefs taught in schools as an alternative to anything anymore than the religious want Evolutionary Biology as an alternative taught in Sunday schools.

What are you trying to do? Bring us back on track? I would also add that the religious folks who want to use public schools to indoctrinate children into the Christian church believe that any attempt to stop them is a conspiracy against God and an attempt to indocrinate children against them. There is no way to negociate with these people for they will never see reason.

Me Myself

Back to my username

cablescavenger

At a time when religious intolerance ruled, that is hardly an unsurprising claim, but rather optimistic if you think the church had anything to do with the explosion of scientific research.

The church did not bring these great minds together, they grouped themselves in clandestine meetings in order to freely discuss their work, without the close minded attitudes of the day. Later on the King formed the Royal Society.

Any that found anything contradicting religious dogma were pilloried by the church, so they continued in spite of the church, not because of it.

You will also know this period became known as the period of enlightenment, the previous era which had been dominated by religion and intolerance, which had produced very little in the way of knowledge, became known as the dark ages.

cablescavenger

I see this all the time, progressive biased teachers indoctrinating and many times in college challenging their students.

Conservative thought in many college classrooms is a straight ticket to a failing grade.

When either side tries to shove their opinion down an other's throat, there will be a backlash.

"In God We Trust", Repealing Row vs. Wade or just having public prayer at an event gets a progressives panties in a wad way more than this covert under the radar ridiculing of the religious conservatives in school rooms.

Myself, I say live and let live unless you really would prefer push comes to shove.
I am sorry, perhaps it is just me, but I am not sure what you are saying here, could you please rephrase the sentence?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Academics is about knowing, understanding and applying the facts, and often times conservative views run contrary to this. And "opinions" that are substantiated by logic and evidence are worth far more than those that are not. It wouldn't be proper education if it didn't place an importance on that distinction.

"In God We Trust", Repealing Row vs. Wade or just having public prayer at an event gets a progressives panties in a wad
Overstepping the constitution, restricting rights and liberty and misappropriating tax dollars aren't good reasons for people to "get their panties in a wad?"

way more than this covert under the radar ridiculing of the religious conservatives in school rooms.
How exactly are they being ridiculed? Elaborate.

It's the creationists who are trying to undermine our children's education by replacing science with superstition. If creationists want to teach their own children an "alternative view", they can do so at home or at church.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

That's because you have your eyes clinched tightly shut and conjure up straw men in your head.

Here are a few examples of what you say doesn't exist:

Pink Pistols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Liberals With Guns
Atheist and Agnostic Pro-Life League
Democrats For Life of America
Pro-Life Alliance of Gays and Lesbians

But generally, following reason and compassion tends to lead people in a similar direction, hence why progressives tend to hold similar views.

Does believing in gravity mean one worships Newton? I don't know of any progressive that doesn't believe in gravity, either. So maybe they are all indoctrinated. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
What are you trying to do? Bring us back on track?

:p

I would also add that the religious folks who want to use public schools to indoctrinate children into the Christian church believe that any attempt to stop them is a conspiracy against God and an attempt to indocrinate children against them. There is no way to negociate with these people for they will never see reason.

Yep... I agree...you've now indoctrinated me...LOL

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You will also know this period became known as the period of enlightenment, the previous era which had been dominated by religion and intolerance, which had produced very little in the way of knowledge, became known as the dark ages.

Yep...leave it up to them and we'll be back in the dark ages. America seems to be behind alot other countries out there...

cablescavenger

I consider myself a progressive, and I think Al Gore is an idiot. While I believe Global Warming is happening I don't believe the impact of mankind is as major as most, nor do I think the actions of mankind can reverse it as it's most likely a natural occurance.
I am with you on that.
Considering we are still coming out of an ice age, I think it is incomplete science backed up by scaremongering, and blaming man for something that is not yet fully understood, but has been working in cycles since the dawn of time.

Over here in the UK, politicians have taken it to mean that they can start a fresh revenue stream, by charging all sorts of taxes based on incomplete science, and creating a green economy. It is daylight robbery.

It is also being used as an excuse to request the limitation on goods being produced in emerging countries like India and China

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
We're still to see any evidence of anti-religion being taught in schools :rolleyes:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I thought I would check your statement there and it does bear fruit.

Last years OECD world rankings on education for reading, maths and science:
World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science? | News | guardian.co.uk

Sad isn't..? One of the wealthiest countries in the world coming in at number 14. Working for a school system I see first hand what we're sending into the world. A very small portion of the kids here graduate and progress to college. Even with an abundant of resources at their fingertips some of the mentalities to better themselves is just horrible. Most want to sponge off their parents for as long as they can, maybe hold down a part time job so they can get weed and buy video games. Some of the students have extensive arrest records. Some have actually done time in jail...and then we have some that drop out completely. Every so often there are those diamonds in the rough. Those students are wonderful and are open to all resources, advice and education to them. Even with all that said even the rough gems can be sculpted and polished to become productive members in our society.

Last edited: