• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Her penis" - not at all Orwellian - argh

HonestJoe

Tell that to JK Rowling. You might want to look into how extensive and dangerous cancel culture has become when, for example, you refuse to repeat the lie "a trans woman is a woman".
She wasn't criticised for refusing to say something as such, she was criticised for things she freely chose to say. It's essentially the same kind of thing the OP article is doing.

For what it's worth, I'm generally not a fan of "cancel culture" (in any direction), and I'll often criticise the logic of it (including refusing to have anything to do with anything linked to Harry Potter due to Rowling's political views), but people are still free to do so if they choose.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Continuing, how does chaos feel to a child? Are you sure this should be irrelevant, those of you defending ideas like “her penis”?
When it comes to school shootings, healthcare, lunch programs, etc. conservatives dont give a **** about children, which makes it hilarious when they pull the "think of the children" card whenever they try to justify their dopey yokel bigotry.

Treasure Hunter

When it comes to school shootings, healthcare, lunch programs, etc. conservatives dont give a **** about children, which makes it hilarious when they pull the "think of the children" card whenever they try to justify their dopey yokel bigotry.
I reject your frame of placing politics first and foremost.

Just because you don’t like the messenger, the think-of-the-children first and foremost (rather than your political party) are right.

Last edited by a moderator:

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What a repetitive train wreck this thread is.
I'd participate, but it's just kicking a guy
when he's already down. Such punishment
doesn't change anyone for the better.

Treasure Hunter

Outside your own mind, when has it come down to anti-trans or anti-child?
I just explicitly said when it comes to introducing chaos into the social world, especially in environments where children are like schools.

Children are not blank slates and gender is a core aspect of the social world. I don’t want to overstate the amount of chaos being introduced to children through trans language, but it’s definitely happening.

Tamino

Anyway, I have no beef with trans women. I have a beef with the phrase "a trans woman is a woman".
"No beef with them" but denying them a core point of their identity ? I am not convinced...

So, what's a woman, then, by your definition?
Has two X chromosomes? Has an uterus? Can birth children? Has a certain level of estrogen?

Because I am sure you know that each of those points can be problematic...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I just explicitly said when it comes to introducing chaos into the social world, especially in environments where children are like schools.

Children are not blank slates and gender is a core aspect of the social world. I don’t want to overstate the amount of chaos being introduced to children through trans language, but it’s definitely happening.
So only in your and like minded mind?