• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Her penis" - not at all Orwellian - argh

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
When it comes to school shootings, healthcare, lunch programs, etc. conservatives dont give a **** about children, which makes it hilarious when they pull the "think of the children" card whenever they try to justify their dopey yokel bigotry.
Oh good, another mindless fallacy, this time it's the false dilemma, sigh.

icehorse

Premium Member
What a repetitive train wreck this thread is.
I'd participate, but it's just kicking a guy
when he's already down. Such punishment
doesn't change anyone for the better.
Yeah, it's amazing to see how misogynistic and homophobic you all are. And you all just keep on doubling down, sigh.

icehorse

Premium Member
"No beef with them" but denying them a core point of their identity ?

A couple of points here, and BTW thanks for a rare, thoughtful reply!

So first, why is saying that a trans woman a trans woman denying them anything?

Second, do you think gender is fluid?

So, what's a woman, then, by your definition?
Has two X chromosomes? Has an uterus? Can birth children? Has a certain level of estrogen?

Because I am sure you know that each of those points can be problematic...

A woman is an adult, human female. Don't let all the trans activist bull**** confuse you, it's simple.

icehorse

Premium Member
Said like someone who hasn't given a moment's thought to a trans or non-binary child trying to navigate the world while surrounded by intolerance instead of kindness.

There is no such thing as a trans or non-binary child. Children do NOT have the cognitive development necessary to draw such conclusions. Now once they go through adolescence they have the ability to make that determination.

And I've seen no one on this thread being intolerant. For the love of all that's good, can you PLEASE try to distinguish between trans activists and trans people?

icehorse

Premium Member
Uh, nope. I hit the nail right on the head.
ha ha ha. The smugness of the woke is just gobsmacking. Anyone who disagrees with them is a conservative or far right or some such.

That is textbook false dilemma, own it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
ha ha ha. The smugness of the woke is just gobsmacking. Anyone who disagrees with them is a conservative or far right or some such.
What is "woke"? Having empathy? Valuing rights, liberty, and equality?
That is textbook false dilemma, own it.
Nope, not at all. Pretending to be concerned about children is BS when such concern is completely absent when it comes to other issues, especially when a child's well-being actually is jeopardized.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I'm sorry, "her penis" is a lie. It's not nuanced or complex, it's a lie.

I don't think it's so much a lie as it is a refining of how we use language in the context of gender and sex. And it's not Orwellian; Newspeak was all about reducing language in order to limit our thinking. I suspect you may be thinking of "doublethink," but understanding the meaning through the mindset that "gender" is social and performative and "sex" is biological and diverse means that doublethink can no longer apply.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
You know what, I might agree with you concerning the Evangelicals! But so what?
So what is knowledge of Orwelliam concepts is something else you have shown you don't have. Such as calling the expansion of language Orwellian. That's the exact opposite of an "Orwellian" concept and action.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I don’t think it’s about hate at all. It’s about truth and reality.

Everyone thinks they have the "truth and reality." Not sure how much truth or reality there is in obsessing over trans people and constantly posting bad faith negativity about them

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Everyone thinks they have the "truth and reality." Not sure how much truth or reality there is in obsessing over trans people and constantly posting bad faith negativity about them

It's amazing how concerned they are by such a small sample of the population. I personally know no one (man, woman or child) who has been harmed by a trans person. But I know several who have been have been harmed by straight natural males.