• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historical Accuracy in Scripture

:facepalm: Of course we can. That's why we have clinical trials.
By what I know, vaccines are not tested properly. For example possibility for placebo effect is not studied.
It is reckless and dangerous to make medical choices on the basis of ignorance. Posting the nonsense in public is doubly reckless. I suggest getting a basic working knowledge of what you're talking about and stop posting misinformation.
If i post misinformation, I would like you to show what is misinformation and why. That way perhaps we could get rid of real misinformation.

Lack of regard for the democratic process, attacks on the the judicial system, tacit encouragement of violence by supporters
I don't think those are true in the case of Trump
preoccupation with revenge against perceived enemies
Please explain how that makes on dictatorial?
and attraction to, and support for, authoritarian leaders in other countries.
So, when Justin Trudeau admires Chinese tyrant, he is a dictator?

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't think those are true in the case of Trump

Please explain how that makes on dictatorial?

So, when Justin Trudeau admires Chinese tyrant, he is a dictator?You seem
I'll ignore the whataboutery.

You seem remarkably blind to events.

And to history.

Last edited:

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
By what I know, vaccines are not tested properly. For example possibility for placebo effect is not studied.
My brother-in-law took part in one of the clinical trials of a COVID vaccine. When it was finished, and he was offered vaccination outside of the trial, he had to find out whether he'd already been vaccinated. He hadn't. It was a placebo.

"A vaccine’s efficacy is measured in a controlled clinical trial and is based on how many people who got vaccinated developed the ‘outcome of interest’ (usually disease) compared with how many people who got the placebo (dummy vaccine) developed the same outcome."

If i post misinformation, I would like you to show what is misinformation and why.
Why should I spoon-feed you on basic medicine? Just read up on vaccination and its history. You don't appear to have done any basic homework yourself. Posting stuff without educating yourself first seems to be the problem.

"Vaccines have saved more human lives than any other medical invention in history."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If person dictates orders, he is a dictator, by what Biden says. If Trump is a dictator, when he uses executive orders, then so is Biden also. But, obviously we can think that Biden is wrong, but then Trump also is not a dictator.
If you actually listened and watch Trump when he said it, he said not one thing about e.o.'s. Also, nobody in his right mind thinks Biden has acted like a dictator. Many Pubs and former Pubs are very worried about another Trump presidency because he has threated so many things that would violate the Constitution and also basic Judeo-Christian/humanistic morality.

It's so truly unfortunate that so many in the "religious right" have ignored Jesus' what he taught so they could embrace Trump. Jesus taught love-- Trump spouts hate and revenge.

Audie

Veteran Member

If i post misinformation, I would like you to show what is misinformation and why. That way perhaps we could get rid of real misinformation.
"By what you know".

We've not noted much expertise in your posts.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Didn't he explain also what it means?
Yeah and Hannity even tried again to give him another out, and Trump just doubled down on his dictator stuff.
In my opinion it is not logically said, which is why I think it was not wisely said from Trump. By what I know, he promised to close the border, if he is elected, isn't it then actually what people democratically want, and not dictatorial then? It would be dictatorial, if he would use voting machines to get in power regardless on what the people vote. But I don't think he is doing something like that.
A few members of his crew breached voting machines in Georgia:

They also set up fake electors across at least seven different states:

We're talking about the guy who tried to stay in power even though he lost a democratic election to the other guy. We're talking about the guy who fomented an insurrection among his followers. We're talking about the guy who wanted his VP to certify the election for him, instead of the guy who actually won.

Now' he's on TV saying he'll only be a dictator on Day One. Nothing to worry about!

And that all sounds to you like a guy who is interested in democracy? Really?

However, I think it is interesting that people see Trump as a dictator, but not Biden, although Biden himself calls himself a dictator.
Trump literally just said on TV he is going to be a dictator on Day One "only" and you're wondering why people see him as a dictator?
Well, just maybe, it's because he says stuff like this all the time, where he hints that he's into being a dictator. Remember back when he was pushing for a military style parade, you know, like dictators generally do?

In short, we listen to what Trump says. And what he says is that he wants to be a dictator.
“I have this strange notion, we are a democracy … if you can’t get the votes … you can’t [legislate] by executive order unless you’re a dictator. We’re a democracy. We need consensus.”
"In President Biden’s first week alone, he has signed 37 executive orders and actions as of Thursday. That’s 33 more than the guy he indirectly referred to as a dictator, in the form of predecessor Donald Trump."
Ah, so you think it's dictatorial to issue executive orders. Cool. So I bet when Trump issued 220 executive orders when he was President, you must have been screaming from the rooftops, right?
I think it is really annoying when people have such double standards.
Indeed.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What are the signs?
To start with, familiarize yourself with the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, the grandiosity, the constant need for admiration, .the lack of empathy... It's all there. Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Practice Essentials, Background, Pathophysiology and Etiology Trump is such a classic case, that anecdotes of him will be used by psychology professors for years to come. "Psychologists and commentators from all ideological camps early converged on a label of narcissistic personality disorder as the condition that “explains” Trump’s behavior. Among those making this assertion are more than 70,000 mental health professionals who signed a petition warning of Trump's potential dangerousness, despite longstanding professional injunctions against "diagnosing" public figures whom experts have not personally examined." President Donald Trump

While the serious signs of emotional disturbance have always been there, we can add to that the things he did while in office that slowly moved us towards fascism. I've read many articles comparing his tenure to the presidency of Mussolini.
1. The extreme nationalism and populist rhetoric
2. The villainization of mainstream media
3. The use of the media for propaganda purposes
4. The use of authoritarian rhetoric
5. Revenge against those who go against him
6. Personality cult

Now let's look at what he did after he lost the 2020 election:
1. Lied and claimed he won the election
2. Misused the legal system with frivolous lawsuits to try to get the election results overturned
3. Falsely accused certain individuals of cheating
4. Fraudulently produced false electors
5. Insisted that the Vice President violate the constitution and not certify the electors
6. Stirred up a crowd to violence and did nothing as they engaged in insurrection

Now let's look at more recent statements that demonstrate threat:
1. Called to terminate the constitution
2. Plans to abuse Presidential authority to pardon the insurrectionists
3. Plans to go after his enemies
4. Literally says he will be dictator "on day one."

This is just me thinking of these things off the top of my head in post it took me a few minutes to compose. Anyone who took the time could undoubtedly come up with many more points. Indeed, they could write a book about this.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

You don't seem to know much about this topic, unfortunately.

You should listen to what people more knowledgeable than yourself have to say about it. You can even verify everything that's been pointed out to you here. It's all demonstrable verifiable science.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To start with, familiarize yourself with the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, the grandiosity, the constant need for admiration, .the lack of empathy... It's all there. Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Practice Essentials, Background, Pathophysiology and Etiology Trump is such a classic case, that anecdotes of him will be used by psychology professors for years to come. "Psychologists and commentators from all ideological camps early converged on a label of narcissistic personality disorder as the condition that “explains” Trump’s behavior. Among those making this assertion are more than 70,000 mental health professionals who signed a petition warning of Trump's potential dangerousness, despite longstanding professional injunctions against "diagnosing" public figures whom experts have not personally examined." President Donald Trump

While the serious signs of emotional disturbance have always been there, we can add to that the things he did while in office that slowly moved us towards fascism. I've read many articles comparing his tenure to the presidency of Mussolini.
6. Personality cult

Now let's look at what he did after he lost the 2020 election:
2. Misused the legal system with frivolous lawsuits to try to get the election results overturned
5. Insisted that the Vice President violate the constitution and not certify the electors
6. Stirred up a crowd to violence and did nothing as they engaged in insurrection

Now let's look at more recent statements that demonstrate threat:

This is just me thinking of these things off the top of my head in post it took me a few minutes to compose. Anyone who took the time could undoubtedly come up with many more points. Indeed, they could write a book about this.
His sister, who was a psychologist, fully agrees with your assessment of "the Donald", saying that he is so self-centered that he has little concern for anyone else.

To start with, familiarize yourself with the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder, the grandiosity, the constant need for admiration, .the lack of empathy... It's all there.
Sorry, I don't think that fits to Trump more than to any other politician.
I don't think it was extreme. All normal nations take care of their borders and that they are not invaded.
The mainstream media did that by themselves, by lying.
Can you show a politician who doesn't so that?
?
What do you mean with this?
6. Personality cult
I don't see that.
I think he can still be right.
I don't think that is true.
I have not seen any evidence he did it falsely.
?
?
I don't think that is true. And at least his Twitter messages and recordings of his speech indicates the opposite.
I think that is what democRats are doing by going against freedom of speech.
I think the "insurrectionists" were judged wrongly and there was no good reason for it.
Is it not right to bring criminals to face justice?
The seriousness of this depends on what he meant with it. By what he said, it does not mean anything bad.

ratiocinator

Maybe I have had wrong information. Can you give some evidence that they are placebo tested?
I already did that. I gave you links as well as the example of my brother-in-law who volunteered in a trail and was given a placebo. Why on earth would you even think otherwise? It is standard practice for any medicine, why would vaccines be different?

Here you are again:

"A vaccine’s efficacy is measured in a controlled clinical trial and is based on how many people who got vaccinated developed the ‘outcome of interest’ (usually disease) compared with how many people who got the placebo (dummy vaccine) developed the same outcome. Once the study is complete, the numbers of sick people in each group are compared, in order to calculate the relative risk of getting sick depending on whether or not the subjects received the vaccine. From this we get the efficacy – a measure of how much the vaccine lowered the risk of getting sick. If a vaccine has high efficacy, a lot fewer people in the group who received the vaccine got sick than the people in the group who received the placebo."

ratiocinator

Why should I spoon-feed you on basic medicine?
You don't have to, but if you want that I change my mind, it would help.
Actually, if you are posting medical 'information' on a public forum, I suggest that it is your civic duty to make sure it's accurate. Misleading information, especially about very effective medicine, can literally cost lives.