• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historical Accuracy in Scripture

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think you asked examples of people who lost their work. So, apparently these were enough for that?
Why didn't you respond to any of my responses about them? Why did you instead, cut those out of your reply to me entirely?
It is a different matter was it right. And I think no one should have to take any drugs against his will, without losing his job,
So, no answer to my question. I asked it for a reason, you know.

Nobody has been forced to take any drugs against their will in the examples you provided.

Nobody is entitled to a job and jobs come with conditions, requirements and responsibilities. Nurses, for example, have always been required to be vaccinated when working directly with patients. Doctors, nurses and surgeons have always been required to wear protective gear when performing their jobs. You seem to think anybody should just be able to do whatever they want, and still hold ono their job? That employers have zero responsibility in creating and maintaining a safe working environment for their employees? You completely ignored the information I provided about labor laws as well.

especially when the pandemic seems to have been fake.
Not at all. I'm not sure how you've reached that erroneous conclusion.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think you asked examples of people who lost their work. So, apparently these were enough for that?

It is a different matter was it right. And I think no one should have to take any drugs against his will, without losing his job, especially when the pandemic seems to have been fake.
This is offensively idiotic. I have family in the medical profession and I can tell you hospital staff were at the end of their tether treating seriously ill patients, many of whom died. My ancient father, in a nursing home, got it 3 times. He, having been vaccinated, pulled through but other residents were not so lucky. I got it myself, before we had vaccines, and lost my sense of tase and smell for 6 weeks.

I don't know what bubble of disinformation you have been living in, but such remarks reflect on you extremely poorly.

Audie

Veteran Member
This is offensively idiotic. I have family in the medical profession and I can tell you hospital staff were at the end of their tether treating seriously ill patients, many of whom died. My ancient father, in a nursing home, got it 3 times. He, having been vaccinated, pulled through but other residents were not so lucky. I got it myself, before we had vaccines, and lost my sense of tase and smell for 6 weeks.

I don't know what bubble of disinformation you have been living in, but such remarks reflect on you extremely poorly.
The bubble of Lord's grace that maketh for
reliably True utterances, I'll wager.

Not JUST the vaccinated person, but also the community at large. This is why the Supreme Court gave the okay to making small pox vaccines mandatory, complete with penalties for not doing so.
If the vaccine really works, it should be enough that those who want it and think it is useful, get it. No intelligent reason to force it for people who don't want it.

Why didn't you respond to any of my responses about them? Why did you instead, cut those out of your reply to me entirely?
I thought it was not relevant.
Nobody has been forced to take any drugs against their will in the examples you provided.
If person is threatened to lose his job, I think it is forcing and goes against Nuremberg code.

"The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision."

But, obviously you are free to think that Nuremberg code is not good, or valid.

So, your response above tells me that it's all about YOU.
No, it tells only that life should not be all about more profits for Pfizer. :D

I think people should be free. And I am against fascism, which came visible during the Covid, when people were making all kind of tyrannical rules.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Do you mean, vaccine doesn't protect it's taker?
That's not what was said. :rolleyes:

Vaccines have been used to control spread in populations and to even eliminate viruses since they were invented. The very first vaccine was for smallpox which has now been eradicated.

Of course vaccines protect the person taking it but that is not all they do. You don't only take them for selfish reasons. In many cases we need a significant uptake to protect those who are unable to take the vaccine.

This isn't true for all vaccines but it is for many. The evidence seems to indicate that this is the case for COVID.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No, it tells only that life should not be all about more profits for Pfizer. :D

I think people should be free. And I am against fascism, which came visible during the Covid, when people were making all kind of tyrannical rules.
Bizarre response, especially since you support a neo-fascist like Trump. And what's also bizarre is your opening sentence since the issue of corporate profits wasn't even in the picture of our discussion.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Yahweh was assigned Hebrews by the council of El. Per scripture, in an uncomfortable situation to discuss, Yahweh is not your God unless you are Hebrew. Gods back in the day had limited jurisdictions.
Interesting. But I don't see that your deity has any power over anyone other than Hindus.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting. But I don't see that your deity has any power over anyone other than Hindus.

The God of the Bible has displayed his power throughout all of human history over the world empires that existed.

Can you cite any historical event where your God(s) have changed human history, and there is a record of that historical event outside of Hindu writings?
You need to quote me in order for me to get a notification. I noticed your reply now only by accident.

There is no historical evidence of the God of the Bible having any effect at all in any of human history apart from the fictional explanations of the Bible, which are dismissed by historians. Humans following ideologies have impact, be it beliefs of Hellenistic God's, Roman God's, Christian God or Muslim God or later ideologies like nationalism etc. If you have any evidence to the contrary published in peer reviewed archaeological or historical journals....I would like to see. Otherwise your claims are a historical fictions unique to your faith tradition. Believe it, but don't expect others to do the same.
To answer your question...the transcendent and immanent Brahman is the substantial unitary essence of the entire universe as well and hence everything that has happened, will happen, could have happened but did not is Him/It only. Brahman IS history and Is the future as well, and thousand billion potential histories and future that could have been. In your scripture God became Man...one Man. In mine God became Everything and Everyone. So...your question makes no seems. Brahman does not act, He/She is and will be.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I thought it was not relevant.
You thought that counterpoints to your arguments weren't relevant??
If person is threatened to lose his job, I think it is forcing and goes against Nuremberg code.
"The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision."
Nah. For the reasons explained, which again, you've cut out in your response to me, and then just repeated yourself.
Why do you do that?
But, obviously you are free to think that Nuremberg code is not good, or valid.
I don't think it applies, and I gave you the reasons. You weirdly, ignored and dismissed those reason as irrelevant to the discussion. :shrug:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If the vaccine really works, it should be enough that those who want it and think it is useful, get it. No intelligent reason to force it for people who don't want it.
That is not actually the case. In order for a vaccination to be truly affective, enough people have to receive it in order to get herd immunity. Thus, it requires the cooperation of the whole community, not just some individuals. Also, vaccinations are only effective for the majority of people, not for every person. Someone can be vaccinated, and still made sick by someone who refused vaccination.

My daughter was originally vaccinated for whooping cough (pertussis) when she was a baby. It's pretty standard. However, in all cases, vaccines are never 100% effective. There are always a small minority of people who are vaccinated for whom the vaccine does not give them immunity. My daughter was one of those people. Later in her life, she had friends who were anti-vaxxers. They came down with whooping cough because they were unvaccinated, and then gave this disease to my daughter who did not have immunity. It was just awful. It ended up permanently damaging her lungs. She now is prone to pneumonia as a result, threatening her life. This is directly the fault of her friends who refused vaccination.

So long story short, it is not a personal private decision. What you do impacts the health of all those around you.

That is not actually the case. In order for a vaccination to be truly affective, enough people have to receive it in order to get herd immunity. Thus, it requires the cooperation of the whole community, not just some individuals. Also, vaccinations are only effective for the majority of people, not for every person. Someone can be vaccinated, and still made sick by someone who refused vaccination.
And it seems to happen with same probability that it would happen without vaccines, which makes vaccines to look like some kind of superstitious belief therapy.

Bizarre response, especially since you support a neo-fascist like Trump.
I don't think there is any good reason to call Trump a fascist. However, even if I would defend him in some cases, it does not mean that I think he would be the best choice to become the president of U.S.