• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historical Accuracy in Scripture

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
And it seems to happen with same probability that it would happen without vaccines...
Simply untrue. Herd immunity via vaccination is well evidenced. It's actually blindingly obvious. If a vaccine reduces infection rates (as many of them do) then it will reduce spread in the population and protect those who cannot be vaccinated.

Denying reality doesn't make it go away.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't think there is any good reason to call Trump a fascist. However, even if I would defend him in some cases, it does not mean that I think he would be the best choice to become the president of U.S.
He is what's called a "neo-fascist", and if one understands what such a person says and does, Trump very much fits the bill. Maybe read "Strongmen" by Ruth Ben Ghiat, who's a poli sci professor at NYU who specializes in the history of fascism and fascists.

Even numerous Republicans and former Republicans consider him to be an existential threat to our constitutional democracy if elected, and Trump says he'll be a "dictator on the first day".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Historical Accuracy in Scripture

Bible contradictions

81.Was Jesus’ body wrapped in spices before burial in accordance with Jewish burial customs?
(a) Yes and his female disciples witnessed his burial (John 19:39-40)
(b) No. Jesus was simply wrapped in a linen shroud. Then the women bought and prepared spices “so that they may go and anoint him [Jesus)” (Mark 16: 1)
https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/YaBBAttachments/101_Contradictions_In_The_Bible.pdf

Such contradictions of the NT Bible loudly speak that NT Bible was neither narrated/authored by Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah nor inspired by G-d, please, right?

Bible contradictions

82.When did the women buy the spices?
(a) After “the Sabbath was past” (Mark 16:1)
(b) Before the Sabbath. The women “prepared spices and ointments.” Then, “on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment” (Luke 23:55 to 24:1)
https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/YaBBAttachments/101_Contradictions_In_The_Bible.pdf

Such contradictions of the NT Bible loudly speak that NT Bible was neither narrated/authored by Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah nor inspired by G-d, please, right?

Bible contradictions

83.At what time of day did the women visit the tomb?
(a) “Toward the dawn” (Matthew 28: 1)
(b) “When the sun had risen” (Mark 16:2)

" NT Bible was neither narrated/authored by Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah nor inspired by G-d "
nor written by any of the "twelve disciples" of Yeshua, please, right?
The claim of the Pauline-Christians that NT Bible is narrated/authored by Yeshua or GD or by any of the twelve or is inspired by them is, therefore, no more than an accusation against them all , please, right?

Regards

Kelly of the Phoenix

I confess to being interested in the answer. It's just that no one seems to know it
The only thing I can think of is that everything in the universe is God (or Gods). I think of the example of my body: the millions or billions of cells are their own thing but all of them is me. I am only generally aware when it goes wrong and I certainly don’t know my individual cells on a first name basis. Thus, I think God only responds to maybe planetary issues at the lowest resolution. Not, “ Gee, Kelly is having problems,” but “Gee, Earth’s biosphere is acting crazy.”

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The only thing I can think of is that everything in the universe is God (or Gods). I think of the example of my body: the millions or billions of cells are their own thing but all of them is me. I am only generally aware when it goes wrong and I certainly don’t know my individual cells on a first name basis. Thus, I think God only responds to maybe planetary issues at the lowest resolution. Not, “ Gee, Kelly is having problems,” but “Gee, Earth’s biosphere is acting crazy.”
Hmm. God's origins are in the Middle East where so much of the oil comes from. Maybe it's all [his] idea of a joke.

He told Sean Hannity just the other night, that he'll only be a dictator on Day One (twice he told him this).
Whew, right? :oops:
Didn't he explain also what it means?

In my opinion it is not logically said, which is why I think it was not wisely said from Trump. By what I know, he promised to close the border, if he is elected, isn't it then actually what people democratically want, and not dictatorial then? It would be dictatorial, if he would use voting machines to get in power regardless on what the people vote. But I don't think he is doing something like that.

However, I think it is interesting that people see Trump as a dictator, but not Biden, although Biden himself calls himself a dictator.

“I have this strange notion, we are a democracy … if you can’t get the votes … you can’t [legislate] by executive order unless you’re a dictator. We’re a democracy. We need consensus.”
"In President Biden’s first week alone, he has signed 37 executive orders and actions as of Thursday. That’s 33 more than the guy he indirectly referred to as a dictator, in the form of predecessor Donald Trump."

I think it is really annoying when people have such double standards.

Simply untrue. Herd immunity via vaccination is well evidenced. It's actually blindingly obvious. If a vaccine reduces infection rates (as many of them do) then it will reduce spread in the population and protect those who cannot be vaccinated.
If a disease is removed from a population, it will not show there, regardless of vaccination. By what I know a disease can appear again in vaccinated population, if people with the disease come in to the vaccinated population. That proves to me that the vaccine is not actually very useful.

ratiocinator

If a disease is removed from a population, it will not show there, regardless of vaccination.
:facepalm: And one way to remove it from the population is to severely reduce its infection rate, which is what vaccination does. If you get the basic reproduction number 'R' below 1, it will die out.

By what I know a disease can appear again in vaccinated population, if people with the disease come in to the vaccinated population.
Depends on the disease and the vaccine, but a vaccine that reduces infection will minimise this.

That proves to me that the vaccine is not actually very useful.
Doesn't prove anything of the sort. Are you just not listening because you've already decided by faith or something? Vaccination is probably one of the most beneficial and effective inventions in all of science. They have totally transformed viral infections to the point that many serious diseases of the past are all but unknown in treated populations and some have been eradicated entirely.

Vaccine hesitancy is a serious threat to human health because we need vaccinated populations to protect the vulnerable.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
However, I think it is interesting that people see Trump as a dictator, but not Biden, although Biden himself calls himself a dictator.

“I have this strange notion, we are a democracy … if you can’t get the votes … you can’t [legislate] by executive order unless you’re a dictator. We’re a democracy. We need consensus.”
"In President Biden’s first week alone, he has signed 37 executive orders and actions as of Thursday. That’s 33 more than the guy he indirectly referred to as a dictator, in the form of predecessor Donald Trump."
Nonsense, as "executive orders" are generally constitutional unless a court rules otherwise, and Trump also issued numerous e.o.'s. So, with you it's OK for Trump to use them but if Biden does, he's a "dictator".

It means he plans to be a dictator beginning on day one.
By what he Trump says, it means he is going to close the border. And, if he is voted in, it means also his voters want that. And then I don't think it can really be called dictatorial, if he is doing the will of the people.

Nonsense, as "executive orders" are generally constitutional unless a court rules otherwise, and Trump also issued numerous e.o.'s. So, with you it's OK for Trump to use them but if Biden does, he's a "dictator".
If person dictates orders, he is a dictator, by what Biden says. If Trump is a dictator, when he uses executive orders, then so is Biden also. But, obviously we can think that Biden is wrong, but then Trump also is not a dictator.

Depends on the disease and the vaccine, but a vaccine that reduces infection will minimise this.
And then we can't know was it because of the vaccine, or would it have gone that way also without vaccines. If vaccine doesn't work always, the reason why person doesn't get sick can be something else. And I think, if vaccine really works scientifically, it works every time the same way.
Doesn't prove anything of the sort. Are you just not listening because you've already decided by faith or something? Vaccination is probably one of the most beneficial and effective inventions in all of science. They have totally transformed viral infections to the point that many serious diseases of the past are all but unknown in treated populations and some have been eradicated entirely.
I can believe traditional vaccines can be helpful. And with a traditional vaccine I mean a vaccine that gives small part of virus to cause immune reaction, which then helps body to fight back against the real virus effectively and so prevents the disease. And in some cases this immune reaction that strengthens persons immune system against a virus can last longer. But, it also means person could still be infected and spread the virus to the vulnerable people, which is why I don't think vaccines can be said to protect those who can't have the vaccine.

Covid vaccines are not traditional vaccines.

ratiocinator

And then we can't know was it because of the vaccine, or would it have gone that way also without vaccines.
:facepalm: Of course we can. That's why we have clinical trials.

And I think, if vaccine really works scientifically, it works every time the same way.
So you know nothing about medicine. :rolleyes:

The situation is always complicated with any treatment and any medicine. That's exactly why we have placebo controlled, randomised, double blind studies. That is what shows us that it works better than nothing and exactly how effective it is. There is nothing different about vaccines.

But, it also means person could still be infected and spread the virus to the vulnerable people, which is why I don't think vaccines can be said to protect those who can't have the vaccine.
Many vaccines stop (most) people getting infected in the first place.

Covid vaccines are not traditional vaccines.
There are multiple different vaccines and some use the approach you described as 'traditional'.

All vaccines work by training the immune system, regardless of exactly how they do that.

It is reckless and dangerous to make medical choices on the basis of ignorance. Posting the nonsense in public is doubly reckless. I suggest getting a basic working knowledge of what you're talking about and stop posting misinformation.

exchemist

Veteran Member
:facepalm: Of course we can. That's why we have clinical trials.

So you know nothing about medicine. :rolleyes:

The situation is always complicated with any treatment and any medicine. That's exactly why we have placebo controlled, randomised, double blind studies. That is what shows us that it works better than nothing and exactly how effective it is. There is nothing different about vaccines.

Many vaccines stop (most) people getting infected in the first place.

There are multiple different vaccines and some use the approach you described as 'traditional'.

All vaccines work by training the immune system, regardless of exactly how they do that.

It is reckless and dangerous to make medical choices on the basis of ignorance. Posting the nonsense in public is doubly reckless. I suggest getting a basic working knowledge of what you're talking about and stop posting misinformation.
Hear hear, especially the last bit.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
By what he Trump says, it means he is going to close the border. And, if he is voted in, it means also his voters want that. And then I don't think it can really be called dictatorial, if he is doing the will of the people.
Every possible sign of dictatorship is there. Heck, it was there in 2016. If we reelect him, we will have no one but ourselves to blame.