• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

greenfish77

Saying you agree or disagree with homosexuals is like saying you disagree with guys that like girls, it makes no sense. Its not like its a choice you know.

Domenic

To call out someone in their sin is detrimental to their Spiritual growth...detrimental to their (soul).....
If someone u know says they're a homosexual and u call them a homosexual and tell them they're sinning in homosexuality, you are in agreement with them and you are telling them that they're not free from sin.
We... must be careful not to create division and bondage.
The veil is torn, the chains are broken... it is finished. There is nothing we can do or not do.
Each of us sin yet its no longer our nature if we realize we're free.
I've heard it said: the power of sin is in the condemnation of it.
I agree
I don't do all Good, neither do I do all bad; do you?
Our message should be of HIM who saved us and his LOVE
After each of us know him and his LOVE & Believe, then its a seed that HE will cultivate.
He is the author and finisher of our Faith!

Jesus said we could not be good if we wanted to…we are sinners. Gay people may be, or may not be born with whatever makes them gay. But, if they understand it is against Gods law, like the rest of us, they must try to not do it. If all people try not to sin, and believe Jesus is Gods son, the will be given a chance in the 1,000 year kingdom. We can all become perfect, and pass our final test. To not tell gay people it is against Gods law…is a sin. If they already know it, it need not be told to them. Those of us who are not gay, are not better…we are all sinners.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
what is your opinion about homosex?
do you agree with it or not?
is it prohibited in your religion?
Personally, I don't want (or like) to place judgement on anyone.
I don't agree with it but I do acknowledge the fact that it exists and will exist whether I agree with it or not. So I don't agree with it but I accept it. I have friends who are homosexual. I'm sure they don't agree with some of my ways but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.
This is what my way of life teaches..
Leviticus 18:22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Leviticus 20:13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
1 Corinthians 7:2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.
Romans 1:25-27
5 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
1 Timothy 1:10
They are people who are sexually unfaithful, and people who have intercourse with the same sex. They are kidnappers, liars, individuals who give false testimonies in court, and those who do anything else that is opposed to sound teaching.

I don't mean to offend anyone; I'm just being honest..:sad:

Domenic

I don't agree with it but I do acknowledge the fact that it exists and will exist whether I agree with it or not. So I don't agree with it but I accept it. I have friends who are homosexual. I'm sure they don't agree with some of my ways but that doesn't mean we can't be friends.
Leviticus 18:22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Leviticus 20:13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
1 Corinthians 7:2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.
5 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
They are people who are sexually unfaithful, and people who have intercourse with the same sex. They are kidnappers, liars, individuals who give false testimonies in court, and those who do anything else that is opposed to sound teaching.

I don't mean to offend anyone; I'm just being honest..:sad:

It seems you are judging all gay people by the response of some, maybe many.
This is unfair. I am not gay, but I am not, nor know anybody who is sinless, or any better.

sumaidi

ashabul yamin
Jesus said we could not be good if we wanted to…we are sinners. Gay people may be, or may not be born with whatever makes them gay. But, if they understand it is against Gods law, like the rest of us, they must try to not do it. If all people try not to sin, and believe Jesus is Gods son, the will be given a chance in the 1,000 year kingdom. We can all become perfect, and pass our final test. To not tell gay people it is against Gods law…is a sin. If they already know it, it need not be told to them. Those of us who are not gay, are not better…we are all sinners.

i agree with u, to not telling gay people it is against Gods law is a sin.
a big number people all over the world are christian and muslim. if we all could apply God law in our life, we should know that gay is sin and we should take a big effort to leave all sins.

ArcNinja

Gay Christians can try to stop being gay all they like, but as for me? No thanks. I know that it is impossible.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
a big number people all over the world are christian and muslim. if we all could apply God law in our life, we should know that gay is sin and we should take a big effort to leave all sins.
And if we all became atheists and left the gods to their own devices...
And if my aunt had balls, would that make her my uncle?
and if wishes were horses we would be drowning in horse ****...

Isn't the if game fun?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
And the world will live as one

Courtesy of the great John Lennon :bow:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Just as long as you privately apply your laws and do not force your laws onto others through legislation or other means I have no problems with them, because they are after all your laws, not mine.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Why should other people be concerned with what someone else's god supposedly views as a "sin"? Why should they have to be subjected to hearing about it either? Should everyone also be subjected to the supposed views of other gods whether they believe in them or not? If I feel it important that a particular god or goddess I believe in holds a particular view should I expound on it every chance I get to everyone I come in contact with whether or not those people even believe in said deity? What would be the point?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Tranquil Servant said:
Tranquil, you are late to the thread and also have been mislead. Only 44 years ago (5 years before I was born) blacks were not permitted to drink at whites only water fountains in the USA, the "Land of the free!" This ought to be a red flag to us that the Bible has been twisted in our society and that we have inherited some untruths. Now in this thread I and others have made some posts which discuss clear misapplications of the Bible, and you are continuing those misapplications. God is not obsessed with legs and penises like the pre-Victorians who translated the KJV, nor would God have approved of their mercantile mentality. They completely disregarded the Bible's focus upon equality, and that is why today you have been led to believe that the above scripture verses are a proscription against homosexual acts. I realize that it is hard to believe, but I'm telling you the truth. I encourage you to read and to apply a lot of heart to the effort.

Paul was not worried about homosexuals. He was concerned about pederasty and about any truly evil practice. Sex between men, while forbidden for Jews, was not forbidden for gentiles.

Last edited:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
And the world will live as one

Courtesy of the great John Lennon :bow:

Love it

Avoice

Speaking for myself, I've noticed a major disconnect on one issue: whenever the Bible speaks to the issue of slavery, it's consistently in favour of - or at least amenable to - the practice, but I haven't met a modern Christian yet who endorses slavery.

Now... don't get me wrong; I decided a while ago that I'd prefer that people be inconsistent and kind than consistent and cruel. Still, the (IMO) clear inconsistency strikes me as strange.

Slavery was such a world wide phenomena that I think God may have chosen to remain less progressive until post Jesus' time in the flesh on this earth. With Paul all work was to be done as if we were working for God whether free or slave Male or Female. I think that concept led to the dissolving of slavery in The Civil war here in the US.

Avoice

How about we start with the cherry picking over which of the 613 OT laws were and were not "fulfilled?

The Vengeance of the OT and the food laws are all I know that the Apostles considered to be ignored for the sake of mercy and Witnessing to pagans. IMV we should not eat pork if we are saved and not dealing with an unbeliever. Me, I'd rather eat Beef bacon than pork anyway. The leeway on circumcision is also given for the sake of saving unbelievers. For, as Paul said, neither circumcision or uncircumcision amount to anything and following Jesus' instructions is what counts. ( he summed up the law and Prophets)

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
It seems you are judging all gay people by the response of some, maybe many. This is unfair. I am not gay, but I am not, nor know anybody who is sinless, or any better.
If I were to say all homosexuals deserve to die or go to hell and If I were to state what all homosexuals deserve then I would certainly be placing judgment on them but I haven't done that. The person who posted this thread wanted responses and I was merely responding. I do believe homosexuality is a sin but so are many other things (lying, stealing, etc.) And no one is perfect (aside from Christ if that's what you believe). I don't claim to be perfect and wouldn't want any other person trying to punish me because of it. Only God has the right to place judgment.

Tranquil, you are late to the thread and also have been mislead. Only 44 years ago (5 years before I was born) blacks were not permitted to drink at whites only water fountains in the USA, the "Land of the free!" This ought to be a red flag to us that the Bible has been twisted in our society and that we have inherited some untruths. Now in this thread I and others have made some posts which discuss clear misapplications of the Bible, and you are continuing those misapplications. God is not obsessed with legs and penises like the pre-Victorians who translated the KJV, nor would God have approved of their mercantile mentality. They completely disregarded the Bible's focus upon equality, and that is why today you have been led to believe that the above scripture verses are a proscription against homosexual acts. I realize that it is hard to believe, but I'm telling you the truth. I encourage you to read and to apply a lot of heart to the effort.

Paul was not worried about homosexuals. He was concerned about pederasty and about any truly evil practice. Sex between men, while forbidden for Jews, was not forbidden for gentiles.
I can't deny there have been people all throughout history who have twisted Scripture for personal or political gain and this may have even been the case when some interpreted the bible but let's not forget that although Paul was a gentile, he was inspired by Jesus and preached about teachings which were given to the Jews first. Jesus was Jewish and practiced certain Jewish customs (like Passover) and when he came, his messages were intended for the Jews first since (at the time) they were Gods people; the only ones who believed in the one true God; the God of King David, Moses and Abraham. This is why Jesus said he didn't come to bring anything new; rather to give the true meanings of the law and to fulfill the Lords promise. So if homosexuality was forbidden by the Jews then it would've been forbidden by Jesus; therefore forbidden by Paul the Apostle and servant of the Messiah Jesus.
Plus in my opinion God made a women for a man; not just for companionship but for procreation. Without sexual intercourse between a woman and a man there is no procreation. Many homosexuals will say their preference is about love but homosexuality is a SEXUAL preference which has nothing to do with love. Two people can love each other without having sex and two people can have sex without loving each other. Homosexuality is a sexual urge; one that I believe God dislikes (amongst other sexual urges, like adultery).

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Tranquil, thanks for your reply. I accept you have an opinion for purposes of conversation that homosexuality is merely a sexual preference not akin to love, but I have met people who strongly believe otherwise. I've seen and explained both how and why the list of scriptures you mentioned have been disguised to make them appear to be what they are not. Also it doesn't follow that all Jewish customs are inherited by Christians, beginning with circumcision and all the various laws which are only for the circumcised man. Paul and Peter both straightforwardly show that the Christian and the Jew are not the same though they are considered equal in many ways.

In the most disputed verse of 1 Corinthians 1:26, the captivity of the Jews is described. The Jews, because of their idolatry, were forced to abandon their sacred way of life. The story of Daniel recounts some of the horrors they endured and the way they were required to eat unclean foods as well as perform un-Jewish acts. Lamentations records their grief and all of the prophets, every single one in the Tanach section plus Jesus, mentions and shows awareness of this upheaval. Paul and every person he wrote to would have been constantly aware of this, and to continue ignoring it ourselves would be even more disastrous than it already has been. Lies have a tendency to grow and grow, and that is what has happened. The lie has gotten so big that people are embarrassed to admit there has been a problem.

I posted some comments about typical 'Homosexuality' cherry picked verses on page 40 of this thread.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Many homosexuals will say their preference is about love
Because it is (though not a preference), and who would know better than them?
but homosexuality is a SEXUAL preference which has nothing to do with love.
No, whether someone wants to be on the top or bottom, or wants to do it with the lights on or off, or likes to use whipped cream...those are sexual preferences. What gender one is attracted to and falls in love with...that's orientation deary and that goes for homosexuals, heterosexuals, bisexuals and so on.
Two people can love each other without having sex and two people can have sex without loving each other.
Well, you've gotten one thing right so far. Congrats.
Homosexuality is a sexual urge;
No, it is an orientation. An urge is wanting to lick someone's toes or bite their butt.
one that I believe God dislikes (amongst other sexual urges, like adultery).
You go on believing what you like I guess, doesn't make your definitions any less wrong though. :shrug: