• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexual

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
what is your opinion about homosex?
do you agree with it or not?
is it prohibited in your religion?

Homosexuality is natural wiring, in my honest opinion.

I believe that every consenting adult should have the freedom to be with whom they please.

I'm a Christian who believes that each Christian should live according to their convictions, lean not to their own understanding and put their faith in Christ. If we live our lives in love, things tend to fall into place.

God's plan for the next person's life really isn't my business.

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
Beliefs, preferences, orientations, or opinions...shouldn't be about who's right or wrong; they should just be respected whether we agree or not. That's the problem with the world today; everybody's fixed on who's right and wrong when really everyone is right and wrong sometimes. I am entitled to believe what I believe just like everyone else is entitle to be who they are. Like I mentioned before, I'm not one to judge (I'll leave that up to God).

Me Myself

Back to my username
Beliefs, preferences, orientations, or opinions...shouldn't be about who's right or wrong; they should just be respected whether we agree or not. That's the problem with the world today; everybody's fixed on who's right and wrong when really everyone is right and wrong sometimes. I am entitled to believe what I believe just like everyone else is entitle to be who they are. Like I mentioned before, I'm not one to judge (I'll leave that up to God).

But your whole post reflects your judgement on that matter :p

Draka

Wonder Woman

It's hard to respect someone who claims to know the minds and hearts of other people better than they do though. You claim that for homosexuals it isn't about love, just about sexual urges. It's not just a matter of agreeing to disagree and respecting your opinion on that. Your claim is highly offensive and arrogant and presumptuous.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

You're entitled to your beliefs but its the impact your beliefs have on the rights of others and what they do in private which is of concern.

I am highly offended by some of the practices of abrahamic religions. Should I attempt to deny them the right to freely practice their religion in private because I find it immoral? It seems a little self-absorbed.

Live and let live.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am find and dandy with people believing whatever floats their boat.
Until they try pushing their beliefs off onto others.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It's hard to respect someone who claims to know the minds and hearts of other people better than they do though. You claim that for homosexuals it isn't about love, just about sexual urges. It's not just a matter of agreeing to disagree and respecting your opinion on that. Your claim is highly offensive and arrogant and presumptuous.
Not to mention just plain flat out wrong.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I am find and dandy with people believing whatever floats their boat.
Until they try pushing their beliefs off onto others.
Agreed. Although, still, doesn't mean I must respect those beliefs if those beliefs are as offensive as those that were just stated.
Not to mention just plain flat out wrong.
Now Mestemia, wasn't she just saying it shouldn't be about who's right and wrong :rolleyes:

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
Please understand that my intention was not to offend anyone. I was merely expressing my honest opinions and views. Everyone has the right to disagree. Like I mentioned before, I never said homosexuals shouldn't have the right to be who they are nor have I ever said they were all going to hell. In my belief, everyone will be judged by God justly and accordingly. I respect everyone's way of life and wouldn't want someone "pushing" their way of life on me just like I wouldn't push my way of lfe on anyone else. I didn't realize this was an exclusive thread; I thought this was an open and public forum where people could express themselves freely, honestly, and openly. And honestly I feel that the only way anyone would be offended by my opinion is if they felt it were true or had some truth to it; otherwise it would be easy to just brush off which is exactly what I will do; for the sake of the sensitive and argumentative, I will no longer post on this thread; I've said what I wanted to say so peace and blessings to all... :peace::curtsy:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Please understand that my intention was not to offend anyone. I was merely expressing my honest opinions and views. Everyone has the right to disagree. Like I mentioned before, I never said homosexuals shouldn't have the right to be who they are nor have I ever said they were all going to hell. In my belief, everyone will be judged by God justly and accordingly. I respect everyone's way of life and wouldn't want someone "pushing" their way of life on me just like I wouldn't push my way of lfe on anyone else. I didn't realize this was an exclusive thread; I thought this was an open and public forum where people could express themselves freely, honestly, and openly. And honestly I feel that the only way anyone would be offended by my opinion is if they felt it were true or had some truth to it; otherwise it would be easy to just brush off which is exactly what I will do; for the sake of the sensitive and argumentative, I will no longer post on this thread; I've said what I wanted to say so peace and blessings to all... :peace::curtsy:

No, not that what you said had any truth to it what-so-ever. Nor do you get off as easily as saying you just voiced your opinion. You didn't state it as you "thought". You stated it as a correction of what homosexuals said about themselves. You said that homosexuals said it's about who they love and you said otherwise. You said it's about sexual urges. Flat out. Not "in your opinion" or the like. You arrogantly presume that you know better than they do about their own hearts and minds. THAT is what is offensive. You boil it all down to being about nothing more than sex and make out that they don't love each other. THAT is what is offensive as well. Who are you to know more about them than they do? You say you don't judge, but you have judged. You have judged big time for you have sat here and made a huge judgement of their hearts and minds without knowing any better. What's worse, is that you don't seem to even see how huge of a blatant judgement you have made. Nor do you seem to see the offense you've made either. Go ahead, tell the 80y/o lady clutching her dying partner's hand sitting at her bedside, after being together for 60 years, that they don't love each other. That it was never about love. That it was only about their sexual urges. Seriously, you can't see your offense? Your judgement?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Agreed. Although, still, doesn't mean I must respect those beliefs if those beliefs are as offensive as those that were just stated.
Agreed.
And I find it both comical and annoying that some people think their beliefs are above reproach whilst they have no problems dissing the beliefs of others.

Now Mestemia, wasn't she just saying it shouldn't be about who's right and wrong :rolleyes:
I have noticed that it is mostly the ones who are wrong who tend to say that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I would comment, but Draka beat me to it. I was in a relationship, with a woman, for five years. It didn't work because our lives are going seperate ways, but we still love each other very much and very deeply. To say it is only about sexual urges suggest to me that you have not actually known any homosexuals or homosexual couples, or that you have known some and have not taken the time to get to know them.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I didn't realize this was an exclusive thread; I thought this was an open and public forum where people could express themselves freely, honestly, and openly.
It sounds like your "right to disagree" only goes one way. Don't others also have the right to disagree with you?

Titanic

Homosexuality is fine with me, as a liberal Christian I can analyze the bible as any other ancient writing and take what I want from it so its fine with me , cheers!

Maya3

To say that homosexuals don't love each other and are only together because they have urges, is extremely insulting and hurtful.

Why don't you ask one of the couples in the late 80's who have been together for about 50 years or so if they love each other or are only together because they have urges?

Maya

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Titanic13 said:
Homosexuality is fine with me, as a liberal Christian I can analyze the bible as any other ancient writing and take what I want from it so its fine with me , cheers!
That is very convenient but don't write off the other Christians, and please visit those whom you feel are in a prison.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
To say that homosexuals don't love each other and are only together because they have urges, is extremely insulting and hurtful.

Why don't you ask one of the couples in the late 80's who have been together for about 50 years or so if they love each other or are only together because they have urges?

Maya

Well said.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
If I were to say all homosexuals deserve to die or go to hell and If I were to state what all homosexuals deserve then I would certainly be placing judgment on them but I haven't done that. The person who posted this thread wanted responses and I was merely responding. I do believe homosexuality is a sin but so are many other things (lying, stealing, etc.) And no one is perfect (aside from Christ if that's what you believe). I don't claim to be perfect and wouldn't want any other person trying to punish me because of it. Only God has the right to place judgment.

Whatever floats your boat.

...Plus in my opinion God made a women for a man; not just for companionship but for procreation. Without sexual intercourse between a woman and a man there is no procreation. Many homosexuals will say their preference is about love but homosexuality is a SEXUAL preference which has nothing to do with love. Two people can love each other without having sex and two people can have sex without loving each other. Homosexuality is a sexual urge; one that I believe God dislikes (amongst other sexual urges, like adultery).

Very very wrong. Homosexuality is a sexual and/or romantic orientation, not a sexual urge. As bisexual woman, I've been in relationships with both men and women, and have fallen in love with both genders (not always at the same time :p). Orientation has a LOT to do with love, as I have experienced personally throughout my lifetime.

Please educate yourself on sexual orientation.