• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

homosexuality disproves evolution

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Some-people-are-gay-Get-over-it.jpg

Noooo, not Gandalf slash Magneto!!!!

(jk)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I have already explained that one. When the world and people around someone is heterosexual oriented then other choices don't even enter into the equation. So, what is there to choose from? Its the natural order of things.
How do you know?
To be homosexual in a heterosexual world involves the activity of also choosing the direction and orientation and being self-aware of it.
How do you know?
Because what is around them is different and contrary than what they are doing and they would be aware of that, which puts the fork in the middle of the road, which requires a choice- a choice to either change the current direction or continue on that path.
You assertion is that any minority behavior requires a choice? Like say, red hair? Or hating chocolate? Or being left-handed? Or being able to curl your tongue?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
O.k. You have completely lost me on whatever it is you're talking about. What is your disagreement? How can I be bias? Bias to what- objective reality. Human beings have specific requirements on every level to acquire optimum survival and well-being (i.e. certain foods for health, self-esteem for psychological, etc). I don't understand why I would have to back up such a common sense fact or provide any evidence of that.
Yes, and for me, being true to my inborn lesbian nature optimizes my survival and well-being.

Someone was saying that a "hypotheses" was that homosexuality was practiced because it made females more fertile (something to that effect, a page or two back). Am I wrong to say that most people would consider that abnormal and unhealthy behavior?
You misunderstood. Practicing homosexual behavior doesn't make females more fertile. Some more fertile females tend to have homosexual sons. And yes, you're wrong, as this thread should show you.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
I wonder if homosexuality may be a way to curb overpopulation. But I know that theory is bad because with approximately 7 billion people on earth, and growing, I doubt that would be the case.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I wonder if homosexuality may be a way to curb overpopulation. But I know that theory is bad because with approximately 7 billion people on earth, and growing, I doubt that would be the case.

As a population grows, the percentage of homosexuals also grows, so your question has merit.

waitasec

Veteran Member
maybe homosexuality is just that...
it's one of the ways the human species expresses their instinctual sense of love and passion.
:)

The Wizard

I have given you an article which proposes a mechanism for the evolution of homosexuality within species. Homosexuality exists everywhere in nature, not just with humans. How can something that appears everywhere in nature, be unnatural? Humans aren't the only homosexuals. If you refuse to listen to the evidence given to you, then I will flag you for trolling. Stop wasting everyone's time.

If what you're saying is correct then we would see mass homosexual lifestyles (i.e. not random and temporary activity) with farm animals and other overpopulated areas would we not? That does not even involve the human element, which is the power of choice and being aware of one's self.

Hanging onto some Amazonian jungle bird or bug is just not good enough to apply to the human race nor the fact that they have free will, the power of choice, self-awareness and the ability to further develop almost any aspect of their self if desired.

I don't know any case where some measly genetic factor completely obsoleted a person's choices and decisions regarding their own development. Genetics do not control the individual to the point as if they have no choice to change circumstances and develop their own self even further. Once again, animals have no choice and cannot choose their direction or to develop themselves when they have abnormal impulses and behavior.

The Wizard

How can I put this? Oh yeah. You're wrong.

Here's an analogy that may help. Most people are born right-handed. Some people are born left-handed. For left-handed people, it's natural to be left-handed. They did not choose it, and it's hard for them to change.

Some-people-are-gay-Get-over-it.jpg

Uh, that is another bad comparison. That would regard envirement and writing indoctronation. People can choose to change hands. Amputees do it all the time with no problem. So, that would be counterproductive to your arguement.

It’s a simple question. How can someone not be self-aware and not have any choices involved as they went that direction and developed the orientation. How could those factors not be involved when we're talking about a fully functioning conscious human being with self-awareness? You should be able to answer this question quite easy if what you're saying is so true.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
Uh, that is another bad comparison. That would regard envirement and writing indoctronation and people can choose to change hands. Amputees do it all the time with no problem. So, that would counterproductive to your arguement.

that is out out of necessity, hardly an appropriate comparison
being born with an innate preference to use your right hand is not a choice...

It’s a simple question. How can someone not be self-aware and not have any choices involved as they went that direction and developed the orientation.

can you understand what the argument is; this self awareness is an innate preference

How could those factors not be involved when we're talking about a fully functioning conscious human being with self-awareness? You should be able to answer this question quite easy if what you're saying is so true.

are you fully conscious when your attracted to the opposite sex?
why would this be different for homosexuals...

Last edited:

The Wizard

you are entitled to your opinion. but thats all it is.
simply because you haven't provided evidence to support this natural order of things hypothesis.

So, you're saying homosexuality is the natural order of things. How could that be possible? Please, explain that one to me, lol?

no there is no choice. it's an instinct:an inborn pattern of behavior that is characteristic of a species and is often a response to specific environmental stimuli: or a powerful impulse, attraction to their same sex...

The choice is then how the person acted and dealt with those influences, so once again, choice would be involved. How can you remove that one?

you still haven't provided any credible evidence that supports your bias.Therefore it's just an uninformed opinion., from what i gather.

And, what is my bias exactly? Choice was involved because self-awareness was involved. There is no way it couldn't be involved. I want to know how someone can completely remove choice out of the equation. How did you remove choice out of the equation? Can you back that up with evidence or should I start using your own word such as, "bias?"

if you can provide studies that propose instinct as a choice...i'd like to read up on that...

Animals have instincts and no choice about it. We still have instincts, but also have choice along with it as the primary controller and factor.

It’s a simple question. How could someone NOT be self-aware and NOT have any choices involved as they went that direction. How could those factors not be involved when we're talking about a fully functioning conscious human being with self-awareness? You need to provide evidence that choice is not involved... IMO.

[/quote]

waitasec

Veteran Member
So, you're saying homosexuality is the natural order of things. How could that be possible? Please, explain that one to me, lol?

well lets see, animals do it...
what so funny?

The choice is then how the person acted and dealt with those influences, so once again, choice would be involved. How can you remove that one?

because it is innate, an instinct.

And, what is my bias exactly? Choice was involved because self-awareness was involved. There is no way it couldn't be involved. I want to know how someone can completely remove choice out of the equation. How did you remove choice out of the equation? Can you back that up with evidence or should I start using your own word such as, "bias?"

it is an innate preference, like using your right hand.

Animals have instincts and no choice about it. We still have instincts, but also have choice along with it as the primary controller and factor.

we are sexual beings and have no choice about it.
what is this primary controller factor, the awareness of self?

It’s a simple question. How could someone NOT be self-aware and NOT have any choices involved as they went that direction.

were you aware when going your direction?
it seems to me that you chose to be hetero, did you?
you are certainly aware of the direction your heading and why would the homosexual?

How could those factors not be involved when we're talking about a fully functioning conscious human being with self-awareness? You need to provide evidence that choice is not involved... IMO.

i did.

can you provide evidence that instinct is a choice?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It’s a simple question. How can someone not be self-aware and not have any choices involved as they went that direction and developed the orientation. How could those factors not be involved when we're talking about a fully functioning conscious human being with self-awareness? You should be able to answer this question quite easy if what you're saying is so true.
Some people are born with blond hair. They did not choose it, and dying it changes the color it seems to be, but the genetic code is still producing pigments for blond hair.
It is the same for homosexuality. It has genetic origins, and any attempts to change it only changes it on the outside.
However it is my believe that very few people are truly heterosexual or homosexual.

The Wizard

well lets see, animals do it...
what so funny?

So, homosexuals are just and animal following instincts with no self-awareness and sence of choice? That is what you're saying is it not? If it isn't then how could choice not be involved?

because it is innate, an instinct.?

Ya, but.. if you haven't noticed. Animals also tear each other to pieces and eat one another. So, if I follow that instinct then I should not be held accountable... I mean, I really had no choice... I'm just following some outdated instinct. Do you see where that analogy leads to...? Like I said, not a good comparison for self-aware humans.

it is an innate preference, like using your right hand.

I thought you just said it wasn't a choice. A preference can be a choice and influenced by envirement. Please make up your mind.

we are sexual beings and have no choice about it. what is this primary controller factor, the awareness of self?

I wouldn't recommend telling that to people that have and always will change things about their self through choice and developement. Of course we have choice... do we not choose our own actions, naturally inspired or not?

were you aware when going your direction?
it seems to me that you chose to be hetero, did you?
you are certainly aware of the direction your heading and why would the homosexual?

You're asking questions not in the third person. Not a good approach on a public forum that can ban you just for being over-sensitive about things. I disregard questions that make me a public example on such a subject.

i did. can you provide evidence that instinct is a choice?[/quote]

See, you dodged the question. You cannot answere a question with a question. Show me evidence that people were not self-aware and choice was not a factor... If you cannot it only shows how flimsy the stance is to begin with... IMO.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
would you care to explain?
this sounds really interesting...
When you look at other cultures, both today and throughout history, you will notice that most of sexuality depends on what society says is sexual. It is my believe this also applies to hetero/homosexuality. In ancient Greece it was very normal for a man to have a younger boy as a student/apprentice, and sexual relations with the boy were considered vital to his development. We also see that many animals, possibly most, are bisexual. Humans are also animals, and are sexual beings. But our society, for many things, is very black and white.
If our society was not so black and white, especially towards sexuality, there would probably be many, many more bisexuals, in the least people who have experimented with same-sex intercourse.