• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality "Sick?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leviticus 18:22, 24
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things

Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22). "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it.........SORRY DALLASAPPLE.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22). "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it.
So Jesus did not fulfill the law like He said he did?

And here I thought you claimed to have read the Bible cover to cover.....

Trey of Diamonds

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things

Have you actually read Leviticus? If you are going to follow 18:22 then I would expect you to follow all the rest. If you are going to pick and choose, why choose that which allows you to hate?

Leviticus 14:22
And two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, such as he is able to get; and the one shall be a sin offering, and the other a burnt offering.

Leviticus 16:18
And he shall go out unto the altar that [is] before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put [it] upon the horns of the altar round about.

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
second, i think you are confused, because you can not be a christian and homo/bi sexual at the same time.
Better tell it to the thousands of Christian homosexuals.
read the bible(word of god) if you are a homosexual you would be wasting your time being christian. even if you were strong in faith and loved god with all your heart the christian god would still send you to hell. and so would the muslim god for that matter.
It's a good thing you're wrong, because if you were right, and I had ever considered converting to Christianity, you would have succeeded in talking me out of it.

But tell me where in the Bible(word of God) lesbianism is prohibited. Can you be divorced and Christian, by the way, because you know that really is prohibited, unlike lesbianism, which isn't. But I know that doesn't stop hypocritical bigots like you from accepting the latter while rejecting the former. Speaking of the Bible (word of God), what does it have to say about slavery? How about polygamy? And how should we treat our enemies in war? Should we destroy them all, including the little babies?

so if you really are gay or bi, or just pro homo/bi sexuality, which i assume from your posts, then you might as well be a satanist, because thats where god will send you either way.
Isn't it nice that cris came by to fill us in on God's true will like this? Hey cris, where in the Bible does it say that God sends lesbians to Hell?

What about prosperous people, where do they go?

and if you consider yourself to be a "liberal" christian, youve got another thing coming because no such thing exists, whatever goes against the bible is anti christian. wake up

So you agree that slaves should serve their masters in joy and submission, as the Bible tells us? You would never wear polyester blend clothing, would you? That's an abomination. And never, never trim the corners of your beard. But if you want to own slaves, make sure you find some Canadians, because your slaves should come from foreign countries. What does the Bible tell us about fathers who sell their daughters into sexual slavery, chris? And women who wear pants? Or speak in church? Do you follow all the Bible's commandments, or just the ones you find convenient, because you're not homosexual.

In any case, what on earth application does this have for non-Christian homosexuals? Are you suggesting that non-Christians should have to follow Christian taboos? Why do you hate America?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
1. yes, ive read the bible for myself cover to cover, have you?
Yes I have. And since you have, I'm sure you can cite the many passages that prohibit lesbianism?

2. what kind of "other" credentials would your highness require when speaking of the christian god?
Cite the passages, chris, show us your actual Bible knowledge.

Beaudreaux

if you are a homosexual you would be wasting your time being christian. even if you were strong in faith and loved god with all your heart the christian god would still send you to hell. and so would the muslim god for that matter.

so if you really are gay or bi, or just pro homo/bi sexuality, which i assume from your posts, then you might as well be a satanist, because thats where god will send you either way.

and if you consider yourself to be a "liberal" christian, youve got another thing coming because no such thing exists, whatever goes against the bible is anti christian. wake up
Exactly! FINALLY! It's good to find someone who will not go against what the Bible says just because it may not fit with modern "liberal" morality. So many people try to have it both ways. They want to follow the parts of the Bible they like and ignore the commands they don't. Frubals to you, cristheseeker, for not being two-faced. (two-souled? :))

As you know, the Bible is crystal clear about how God feels about gay people and what the faithful are to do about it.

Leviticus 20:13
13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
The Bible says it is the duty of every follower of God to kill homosexuals. Some may feel guilty about this, but God is clear that "their blood will be on their own heads." God does not want these creatures to live and he has chosen Christians as the instrument of their destruction. Cris, I know you've sent a few of these homosexuals to the grave (and then to HELL!). Please, tell everyone how it feels to put one of them out of our misery. Tell them what it is like to truly follow God's commandments.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Oh, Leviticus. Well, I'm sure you're consistent then and follow all of Leviticus?

"This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: On the tenth day of the seventh month you must deny yourselves and not do any work—whether native-born or a foreigner residing among you— 30 because on this day atonement will be made for you, to cleanse you...
So you do that, right? You follow that lasting ordinance and make atonement once a year?

'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
You don't do that, do you?

'Keep my decrees.
" 'Do not mate different kinds of animals.
" 'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.
You would never do anything like that, would you. Because, you know, you might as well be a satanist.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Homosexuality is an illicit lust forbidden by God. He said to His people Israel, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Leviticus 18:22). "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13). In these passages homosexuality is condemned as a prime example of sin, a sexual perversion. The Christian can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it.........SORRY DALLASAPPLE.

So you're very very careful to follow all of the decress in Leviticus, right? Because as a Christian, you can neither alter God's viewpoint nor depart from it. Are you a Christian, chris?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
1. yes, ive read the bible for myself cover to cover, have you?

2. what kind of "other" credentials would your highness require when speaking of the christian god?

I'm just curious, cris. How is it that, as an agnostic, you feel that you have the authority to speak for the Christian God?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
second, i think you are confused, because you can not be a christian and homo/bi sexual at the same time. read the bible(word of god) if you are a homosexual you would be wasting your time being christian. even if you were strong in faith and loved god with all your heart the christian god would still send you to hell. and so would the muslim god for that matter.
Hmm. I thought that all Bibles included Romans 10. Apparently yours doesn't.

This doesn't ring a bell, does it?

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) 7"or 'Who will descend into the deep?'[c]" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
No?

clearly she is pro homo/bi sexuality. which goes against the will/word of god as stated in the bible. dont make me pull up verses.

im just pointing out her hypocrisy of supporing homosexuality and being a christian at the same time.

Yes, as opposed to the hypocrisy of being a Christian while denying love and sitting in judgement of others. :sarcastic

Apparently, you didn't receive the latest revision to the Bible. For instance, Colossians 2:

13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature,[b] God made you[c] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.[d]
20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21"Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
But by all means, if you still feel the need, keep yourself bound to the written code that Christ nullified with His sacrifice (Colossians 2), and that has been nullified for you by dying with Christ (Romans 7:4)... the Bible is clear about the consequence for you - it discusses this in Romans 8.

you guys really think that just because i read the bible cover to cover, and provide verses, i am a believer? or that i actually follow those teachings myself? really?

im agnostic.

dallasapple considers herself christian. and im pointing out here hypocrisy.( you can not be in favor/support/defend/encourage homosexuality and be a christian at the same time). and i dont have to be a christian myself to do so. all i need is the bible book.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
dallasapple considers herself christian. and im pointing out here hypocrisy. i dont have to be a christian myself to do so. all i need is the bible book.
Ah... I see: you're making a straw man of what you think Christian belief should be, then criticizing her when she fails to meet the false standard you've set. Gotcha.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Ah... I see: you're making a straw man of what you think Christian belief should be, then criticizing her when she fails to meet the false standard you've set. Gotcha.
Makes perfect sense to me... :rolleyes:

wa:do

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
so let me get this straight. you guys actually believe that christianity and the bible approves and supports homosexuality?
Depends on your point of view, I think.

The Bible certainly approves and supports love, so if you believe that homosexuality is one expression of love, I don't see why many Christians would have a problem with it.

Of course, this also depends on the opinion of the Christian in question regarding the Bible and other sources of doctrine, and there's quite a spectrum of beliefs on this issue between all the Christian denominations and individual Christians.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Personally as a non-christian I couldn't give a whoop...
I'm am glad when Christians adopt Christ's teachings of love and acceptance. Should I not be?

Having met Bishop Gene Robinson, I can say that he is a exemplary man of faith and that any religion should be proud to have him as a leader. The Christians are only improved by his presence.

wa:do

Status
Not open for further replies.