• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A catholic teaching of the Eucharist is that of actually changing the bread and wine into the physical body and blood of Christ.

Do you actually jesus jesus christ when seeing the Eucharist?

Many catholics would think youre dellusional.

The Eucharist is concecrated bread and wine. It is the heart of the lords supper and brings people together so christ be present in mass. Its called a Sacrificial Meal.

No one sees actual jesus christ. Thats silly.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think for Baha'is it is simply separating man made traditions that have outlived their usefulness, as opposed to that which is truly instructed b

According to who, though? If bahai respect other religions, what may be outlived to you is still alive through traditions to another. These traditions came from god. If you all have the same god your outlived traditions are the core of another persons faith. Tearing them out because they are old is tearing the heart of god.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The walls and building analogy is useful. As Baha'is we are building a new community centre for the purpose of meeting peoples spiritual needs that will enable them to live in the community better. Eventually those community centres will become temples with associated institutions such as a medical centre, accommodation, education centre, and social agencies to meet the needs of those not so well off. For now the community centre serves a variety of functions ranging from devotions, education classes for all ages, community gatherings and administrative purposes. We create social spaces where everyone regardless of faith can come together and learn together.

In some ways these Baha'i centres will have common functions with Churches, Mosques, Synagogues, and Temples. As Baha'is we are not going around trying to literally break down the walls of the physical spaces used by these other faith groups. Rather we are developing a culture that encourages and empowers our community members to consort and associate with peoples of all faiths in a spirit of love and fellowship. That means inviting people very different from ourselves to our homes and community activities and accepting such invitations from others. The only walls we are breaking down are symbolic walls where one person says I can't mix with him because he is a Muslim or her because she is Buddhist.

I hope that makes sense.

The most powerful prayers for a Baha'i are those offered to God through His Manifestation. Nothing stopping us from praying directly to God. I'm not aware of any reason not to pray to saints or ancestors. We would never use statues of Baha'u'llah as like Muslims we shouldn't be making images of the prophet. However Catholics are not bound by Muslim or Baha'i law.

What youre saying doesnt sound like a religion. Though think of all rooms are connected but have its own doors like a mini puzzle. People can choose to go from their room and do whst bahai does or they can do the same without bahaullah interpretation. If unity and acceptence of selective ones are in your faith, why is it a religion?

That and I cant get over helping all humanity througha selective revealed religious founders. There are thousands of religions. I honestly dont see how the revealed ones have more grasp on building unity (as you say) than other faiths.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
P

Perhaps so people in our time would have scriptural evidence to stand on for rejecting the practise of praying to Mary. Solid evidence.

Saying not to honor mary is saying not to honor your own father and mother. Physical death means nothing when the spirit survives.

Are you dead after you physically die?

Who does god resurrect or what if you poof out of existence?

How does death of the body invalidate communication with the body of christ?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Now this is getting interesting. How does his teaching compare with the teachings of the Baha'i Faith?
After Muhammad only such prophet could come who has Quran as the first and the foremost source of guidance as the Quran has all the lasting teachings of guidance in it suited to all ages after Muhammad. It is one aspect of the title khatam-an-nabiyyeen given to Muhammad by God.
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad -The Promised Messiah , Imam Mahdi, the End Times Reformer of All-Revealed-Religions 1835-1908 is as such and in these meanings a Successor-Prophet-Messenger of Muhammad and not a new-one.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has therefore brought no new Revealed Book of Law from God, he is a successor of Muhammad and obeys the teachings of Quran and Acts/Sunnah of Muhammad.

Regards

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
After Muhammad only such prophet could come who has Quran as the first and the foremost source of guidance as the Quran has all the lasting teachings of guidance in it suited to all ages after Muhammad. It one aspect of the title Khatamun-Nabiyeen given to Muhammad.
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has therefore brought no new Revealed Book from God, he is a successor of Muhammad and obeys the teachings of Quran and Acts/Sunnah of Muhammad.
Regards

Is Muhammad the last prophet to come according to the Quran?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Very clear. Through the Holy Scriptures.
Good to know. The scriptures let you know which manifestations are false and which are true. The scriptures you are referring to also tell me I'm going to hell. So is it fair to assume, since you believe in the 'holy scriptures' that you also believe that I will suffer an eternity in hell?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have read that the beast with the number 666 refers to Militant Islam which began in 666 AD with the Umayyad Ruler Muawiyah.

Yes, and others will tell you what they have read. Some will probably even say that 666 (It means nothing to me, obviously, I'm from a different paradigm) means all kinds of things. I'm sure if we coulod dig deep enough, we'd find someone who links that number to Bahai.

As another poster mentioned, it seems most of your contentions with other religions are actually only with Islam.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
After Muhammad only such prophet could come who has Quran as the first and the foremost source of guidance as the Quran has all the lasting teachings of guidance in it suited to all ages after Muhammad. It one aspect of the title Khatamun-Nabiyeen given to Muhammad.
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has therefore brought no new Revealed Book from God, he is a successor of Muhammad and obeys the teachings of Quran and Acts/Sunnah of Muhammad.
Regards

Paarsurrey, who is this Mirza Ghulam Ahmad you speak of?

Edited: I looked it up, Paarsurrey. There sure are a lot of similarities between Bahai and Ammadiya ... both around the same time, both reform movements within Islam, both not accepted any more by mainstream islam,. both being persecuted. You guys should form an alliance.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Is Muhammad the last prophet to come according to the Quran?
The Quran has lasting teachings of all Revealed Religion in it, and as such and in these meanings also Muhammad is the prophet/messenger of lasting teachings. This is one aspect of the title khatam-an-nabiyeen or Seal of the Prophets given to him by God. Independent of Muhammad's prophethood, no prophet ,new or old, could come from God, now, nor one could receive Revelation from God.
Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Edited: I looked it up, Paarsurrey. There sure are a lot of similarities between Bahai and Ammadiya ... both around the same time, both reform movements within Islam, both not accepted any more by mainstream islam,. both being persecuted. You guys should form an alliance.

Please see my edited post of #2591 .
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But the Bahais don't hold that Bahaism is a reform movement within Islam/Quran/Muhammad. Do they? If yes, please quote from their core/original sources.
Anybody, please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
But the Bahais don't hold that Bahaism is a reform movement within Islam/Quran/Muhammad. Do they? If yes, please quote from their core/original sources.
Anybody, please
Regards
No they don't, but from an outsider's POV, they sure look like it. Certainly that's where their origins lie. Baha'u'llah was a Muslim. The quarrel they have with previous religions seems to be mostly with Islam.

Evie

I
Do you actually jesus jesus christ when seeing the Eucharist?

Many catholics would think youre dellusional.

The Eucharist is concecrated bread and wine. It is the heart of the lords supper and brings people together so christ be present in mass. Its called a Sacrificial Meal.

No one sees actual jesus christ. Thats silly.
did not say you actually see Jesus. But a Catholic I know said that the changing is believed. That the bread and wine are His body and blood. I know it sounds strange.