• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So 'it' means a revelation. Any revelation, or a particular one? Which revelation does 'it' mean? As I understand it, according to any Abrahamic religion, or subsect, there are many revelations.

We see each religion as a Recelation of truth from God so the Baha'i Faith is one of many Revelations from God.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We see each religion as a Recelation of truth from God so the Baha'i Faith is one of many Revelations from God.

I don't understand the word 'recelation'. Is it from the unique Bahai vocabulary, like Sanskrit is unique to me? We Hindus don't believe in revelations, as you already know. So are you telling me how to believe?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think it's obvious with all the wars we've had.
I meant Bahai. When will the Bahai teachings about peace be considered a failure? A thousand years. A hundred years?

Of course I don't see it as a failure at all. The teaching of ahimsa is totally successful for all who follow it as individuals. I personally feel great peace just from practicing ahimsa to the best of my ability. Life is peaceful, full of wonder, beautiful.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Honest answer. It didn't directly answer the question since it was a hypothetical and still a question, but...
You are speaking hypothetically but in reality no one has yet established peace so someone has to try something new. As you know, the world's religions have all been around for thousands of years and yet world peace has eluded them all.

Not some one needs to try someone new. WE need to try something new. Our religions bring diversity but working together, there is no central foundation such as Bahaullah or Christ (and so forth).

The reason religions like yours and others haven't got to world peace is because there is a you vs. them mentality. It's a (and the example is below) unless you follow this prophet, world peace, salvation, so have you will not happen. If you stay in that mindset, of course greater peace will not come.

Their purpose was not to establish peace which is why you won't find even one verse in the entire Bible or Quran mentioning it.

I don't know about the Quran. The Bible (in christian eyes) teaches god wants everyone to be saved. That's their definition of world peace. Everyone saved in christ. That' heavily in the gospels, Romans, Hebrew, Acts, and Galations.

But in God's latest Revelation world peace is mentioned thousands of times with instructions on how to establish and maintain it.

No. Each person's world peace contradict each other. Bahai included. It's all convoluted in one big mixing bowl and no one sees it but us non-universalist and non-hiarchist who see religions on an equal level without needing to bring one into another to achieve their own goal.

So when all else has failed why shouldn't we turn to Baha'u'llah?

This above is my central point throughout the whole entire thread.

Religion is individual or community depending on the culture and country where one is from. The worldviews clash in some cases. Bahaullah cannot fix this because that would be taking down diversity to mold other religions into his view of peace.

Now, it's alright that you believe in his one foundation. That's your right. It is just like other religions just Bahai aren't aggressive about it. But not seeing it is very bothersome especially when it involves, once again, cultural appropriation.

Bahaullah does not have the answer. We find the answer. Not one person. It's a joint effort. Not a prophet effort.​

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I don't understand the word 'recelation'. Is it from the unique Bahai vocabulary, like Sanskrit is unique to me? We Hindus don't believe in revelations, as you already know. So are you telling me how to believe?

Revelation is the word I meant.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But Bahai is the best? Or the only really accurate one?

Neither. It is only relevant for this age or time period of maybe 1,000 years after which it will be superceeded, replaced and updated with newer more relevant teachings for another age where we would have established peace and be ready to further advance civilisation.

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
I will go back as I'm doing my final exam. You didn't answer the question just explained again about prophecies, how they relate, and trying to prove The Buddha and for some odd and funny reason Hinduism has anything to do with the prochecy of Bahaullah. I do not agree with this from a Buddhit and Christian perspective. You have HIndu telling you this is false as well. So..

My question is, if christs and christ only not Bahaullah as he is not a prophet promised in the christian (nor Buddhist and Hindu faiths) arived at world peace, would you still follow the teachings of Bahaullah or would you follow christ only?

Would arriving at world peace only through christ change your religion as a Bahai to a christian or does it matter as long as world peace is achieved?

That, and if it's the latter, why go through the effort of telling us the prophecies when if any religion yes, any religion, comes to world peace regardless what religion you are a part of, it should matter, right?

You can drop your religion as long as there is world peace?
In our View the Revelations are never ending and progressive. Let me ask your own question in a different way.

Once the World peace is established through the Revelation of Bahaullah, will there still be another Manifestation after Bahaullah? If yes, what is the need then?
In our view, yes. Because He will bring another revelation with some newer teachings than Bahaullah. Another Revelation that teach more things. It is like once we finish grade 5, then we go to grade 6 school, and after that grade 7, and so forth.
Let me say it this way.
If on this earth, every human achieves the best qualities to the point that, every human becomes like an Angel, still God manifests Himself among us, from Age to Age. He never leaves us alone.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thanks. I wasn't sure. So again you're saying that all religions provide revelations, even though religions like mine clearly say we don't. So who is one to believe?

The sun shines on everyone. We all receive exposure to the truth.
How do you see or come to know truth? Do you look outside a window or within yourself?

Baha'u'llah has said that the mysteries of the universe are hidden within us and that we can find God within ourself by self annhilation or destroying of the ego.

The less ego one has, the closer to God one is.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thanks. I wasn't sure. So again you're saying that all religions provide revelations, even though religions like mine clearly say we don't. So who is one to believe?

You have found truth. Some find God through music, others through service and others through prayer and meditation or Books.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Neither. It is only relevant for this age or time period of maybe 1,000 years after which it will be superceeded, replaced and updated with newer more relevant teachings for another age where we would have established peace and be ready to further advance civilisation.
But it is the most relevant for this age, right?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The sun shines on everyone. We all receive exposure to the truth.
How do you see or come to know truth? Do you look outside a window or within yourself?

Baha'u'llah has said that the mysteries of the universe are hidden within us and that we can find God within ourself by self annhilation or destroying of the ego.

The less ego one has, the closer to God one is.

Yes, Hindus believe that too. Of course we have several major differences. One is the lack of a need for a prophet. Hindus can go to the temple and have direct communion with God, as God's mystical presence is always there. Bahais have to go through another person. It hardly seems fair, lol.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You have found truth. Some find God through music, others through service and others through prayer and meditation or Books.
I have not found truth. I have found the path to truth that works for me. Someone who claims to have found truth is speaking through ego, not realisation.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Once the World peace is established through the Revelation of Bahaullah, will there still be another Manifestation after Bahaullah?

Now that is one incredibly huge and ethnocentric assumption. Not much different than the people who are definitive about end times. Yes, it's your belief. Certainly not some established fact, like the way you present it. There are nearly 7 billion non-Bahais on this planet, and you have the audacity to tell them they are all wrong?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The first step, then would be to eliminate this 'us versus them' idea. I mean Bahai versus non-Bahai. That type of exclusivism about humanity is at the very root of the same problems you speak of.

I believe Baha'is should view non-Baha'is as Baha'is, and ourselves as non-Baha'is.

Do not exalt yourselves above others, but consider all as your equals, recognizing them as the servants of one God.

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Pages 452-453

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I believe Baha'is should view non-Baha'is as Baha'is, and ourselves as non-Baha'is.

Do not exalt yourselves above others, but consider all as your equals, recognizing them as the servants of one God.

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Pages 452-453

Yes, that makes total sense. I mean, I do recognise that I'm a Hindu. I do recognise that a woman is a woman, a man is a man, someone is tall, someone is short, and all that. We're not that stupid, after all. But when it comes to rights, human-ness, and essence, we're all human, and everyone breathes the same air.

It is unfortunate that in reality, this us versus them mentality does permeate so many. One of the core teachings I try to follow is to see Siva in all beings. Yes, it's harder for to see in some folks. But that's why the young soul, old soul idea makes sense to me. It helps explain those differences, but not in a judgemental way.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In our View the Revelations are never ending and progressive. Let me ask your own question in a different way.

Once the World peace is established through the Revelation of Bahaullah, will there still be another Manifestation after Bahaullah? If yes, what is the need then?
In our view, yes. Because He will bring another revelation with some newer teachings than Bahaullah. Another Revelation that teach more things. It is like once we finish grade 5, then we go to grade 6 school, and after that grade 7, and so forth.
Let me say it this way.
If on this earth, every human achieves the best qualities to the point that, every human becomes like an Angel, still God manifests Himself among us, from Age to Age. He never leaves us alone.

My question is if you have world peace, why do you need countless revelations? and if Bahaullah isn't the final revelations, whats his teaching worth following than that of Christ and other prophets past, present, and future? Peace is a joint effort not a prophet effort. You'll get nowhere depending on prophets.

You said world peace won't be establish by Bahauallah because there will be someone to replace him in thousands of years to come. World peace shouldn't come and go. If you want peace, shouldn't it last?

No. I don't believe in prophet-faiths. They limit the scope of what humanity, community, and ourselves can do for each other. That, and a prophet that's not alive! I give SGI (Nichiren Buddhist sect) some credit. Their mentor is an actual living person and they are gearing towards the same world peace goal as well. That, and their founder they believe to be a "promised one" if one likes of the original Buddha.

Everyone has their beliefs and claims for world peace, nothing wrong with that. My point is no one else incorporates other religions in their goal but Bahai (so far I know). That's my hang up. Everything else, I just don't believe because I don't believe in god. But that's besides the point.