• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
He addresses humanity in many Tablets.

O peoples of the world!

The Sun of Truth hath risen to illumine the whole earth, and to spiritualize the community of man.

The Blessed Beauty saith: ‘Ye are all the fruits of one tree, the leaves of one branch.’ Thus hath He likened this world of being to a single tree, and all its peoples to the leaves thereof, and the blossoms and fruits. It is needful for the bough to blossom, and leaf and fruit to flourish, and upon the interconnection of all parts of the world-tree, dependeth the flourishing of leaf and blossom, and the sweetness of the fruit.

What does that mean? I can't read the thee/thous.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
That's the exact same concept I said in number four. When I say world peace, I'm saying greater peace (as already said). Following Bahaullah's teachings (as said below) is what you keep telling me what needs to happen. Also, you keep saying a couple of times that greater peace doesn't need agreement (permission) from other religions because it comes from god.

You used the term fixed. The concept is the same such as below.

If religions aren't "fixed" or changed, there would be no need to bring in a new system.

I can't find the posts of the words you used but I do remember them well.

You misunderstand Carlita. The Most Great CANNOT happen without the agreement of all on earth. It is conditional upon universal agreement.

Regarding fixing. Baha'u'llah said the old order was 'lamentably defective' and cannot be fixed.

The signs of impending convulsions and chaos can now be discerned, inasmuch as the prevailing order appeareth to be lamentably defective.

Soon will the present day order be rolled up and a new one spread out in its stead. - Baha'u'llah

So we are not touching the old religions or the old order. We are rolling out a new one.

No fixing, tweaking or tampering whatsoever. A completely new order.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So there was no conflict between Buddhists and Hindus? Many sources state it was a conflict between the two regardless of what the front organisation was named.

2100 year old conflict, and yes there are varying sources of information on it. I got my information from my friends here mostly. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
What does that mean? I can't read the thee/thous.

He's saying the world of being is like a single tree and people are the leaves, blossoms and fruits.

And just like the bough, blossom, leaf and fruit require interconnectedness with the tree to flourish, so too the tree of humanity requires interconnectedness for people to flourish and prosper.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
2100 year old conflict, and yes there are varying sources of information on it. I got my information from my friends here mostly. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

It's so sad. All people needed to do was see each other's humanity.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not so much worrying but helping solve problems through consultation. There are positive ways of solving problems.

I feel worry here. You must have a lot of time on your hands if you can post this much information on this forum, and still be a mediator. One of the overriding themes in this discussion is complaining about the world as it is.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You misunderstand Carlita. The Most Great CANNOT happen without the agreement of all on earth. It is conditional upon universal agreement.

How do you find agreement with other religions if you expect them to come to the Bahai faith rather than keep their own?

So we are not touching the old religions or the old order. We are rolling out a new one.

That's just as worst as fixing other religions. We don't need a new system. Do you understand?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Of course it did but it also made me question why I should be against Jews.

No. I just asked two questions.

Do you feel someone's individual spirituality is defined by their religious history?

As a former Catholic (if you experienced any good experiences) did that lead you to prejudice against others? If so, how?

If not, why would you think others think that way?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's so sad. All people needed to do was see each other's humanity.
It's not sad. It's life. I presume you're sad when someone dies? Hindus, who understand a bigger picture, rejoice at death. Yay, a new body! Again the very different paradigms we live in a starkly contrasted.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
He's saying the world of being is like a single tree and people are the leaves, blossoms and fruits.

And just like the bough, blossom, leaf and fruit require interconnectedness with the tree to flourish, so too the tree of humanity requires interconnectedness for people to flourish and prosper.

Thank you.

My point is there are many trees and the leaves on each trees are the traditions, language, and culture that makes up the uniqueness of each tree. Each tree is unique in and of itself and can't be put into one or said they are one forest because the forest does not define what trees are. It just says there are a group of trees together (humanity) but within those group of trees, if you do not see the source as the individual trees rather than the forest, that is disregarding the diversity of humanity. It's been quoted in Bahaullah's writings and said very specifically from you.

I can't think of another analogy.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It's not sad. It's life. I presume you're sad when someone dies? Hindus, who understand a bigger picture, rejoice at death. Yay, a new body! Again the very different paradigms we live in a starkly contrasted.

Sad at the cruelty that's all.

O Son of the Supreme!

I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve?

Bahá'u'lláh.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Thank you.

My point is there are many trees and the leaves on each trees are the traditions, language, and culture that makes up the uniqueness of each tree. Each tree is unique in and of itself and can't be put into one or said they are one forest because the forest does not define what trees are. It just says there are a group of trees together (humanity) but within those group of trees, if you do not see the source as the individual trees rather than the forest, that is disregarding the diversity of humanity. It's been quoted in Bahaullah's writings and said very specifically from you.

I can't think of another analogy.

He says there is only one tree of humanity. We only have one humanity and the people are all interconnected to each other. So the religions and nationalities and races are all interconnected. That's what He's saying.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

My dear mother. In all my life, I can't remember one incident or time when she was angry or hit me or shouted at me, not once, if I was misbehaving she would cry.

When she passed away I couldn't cry because I felt she had lived such a pure good life of love for all people that there was nothing to feel sad about. Also I felt my best gift to her was to wish her well on her journey without making her feel bad about departing.

She deserved a good rest and break and it was for me to let go and I'm happy I didn't grieve but felt happy for her instead.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Lack of true brotherhood and spirituality. So pitiful.
Instinctive mind. Souls who are less evolved, still retaining animal instincts. Do you abhor the vulture, the lion? Greatly differing paradigms we live in. Wars are necessary lessons for individuals in their evolution back to God. The past is the past. There is nothing wee can do about it now, other than to derive a personal lesson, how to avoid conflict. Rather than complaining and whining, which does no-one any good, try to see it in the light of understanding of how the universe dances.

I attended a funeral of a good friend two days back. His brother did the last rites, and spoke with dignity. It was a car accident, and since my friend passed over a week, he was able to insist that the other driver (could be convicted of manslaughter) not be charged. 'Mistakes happen' was his quote. I approached the brother to offer my condolences. He whispered in dignity, "It's God's way."

Once again, indication of how different our paradigms are.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No. I just asked two questions.

Do you feel someone's individual spirituality is defined by their religious history?

As a former Catholic (if you experienced any good experiences) did that lead you to prejudice against others? If so, how?

If not, why would you think others think that way?

Eberyone is affected by their background.

Catholics taught me many useful and good things.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
He says there is only one tree of humanity. We only have one humanity and the people are all interconnected to each other. So the religions and nationalities and races are all interconnected. That's what He's saying.

My analogy would be one forest, many trees, still getting along, despite not knowing what each is up to. That is a better goal, in my opinion, as then we don't fight over who shall lead the way. Your way (and the way of all exclusive religions) always involves infallible prophets.