• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are these Great Beings explained?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Yes, all over. But it starts with the individual. Now this is a MAJOR paradigm difference. In Dharmic faiths we change the individual, fully recognising that if each individual changes, society will necessarily follow. Social change happens one person at a time. Aggressive proselytizing, shunning of traitors, arguing endlessly on forums, and more builds frustration not peace, within the individual. So, from the dharmic POV, many of the Baha'i' tactics and attitudes aren't helping at all.

Course I could be dead wrong.

Some actions do help, of course.

I'm very glad Baha'is shared their Faith with me.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Vast generalisation. Humanity is stubborn.

There are just so many problems with this kind of thinking ... from my POV. Apparently not from yours, or you wouldn't have repeated the similar lines for so long.

I assume you think Baha'i' are excluded from this stubbornness, which by logic would exclude Baha'i's from humanity. So it sets up another 'us versus them' mentality which by the way is actually contrary to Baha'i'; teachings. The overly simplistic but oft cited refrain comes to mind. "Practice what you preach."

There are indeed many wonderful wonderful people from all faiths, colours creeds, countries, genders, etc. that simply are not stubborn. By claiming humanity is stubborn, you're insulting every one of them, and putting yourself on a pedestal. The pedestal of the non-stubborn, the pedestal of the 'I'm better than you!"

So the civil war in Syria there's no stubbornness? Or the Buddhist/Rohinga conflict and the many minorities that are being oppressed, there's no stubbornness in granting full freedom and rights to these people?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's just not enough. There are terrible cruelties going on as I type. They need to be fixed. Apparently we haven't found a solution with billions of 'religious' people on earth.

An person's independent spirituality should not be judged by someone else's or group's (edit) behavior.

That is my judging your spirituality as "it does not work" because you are not at peace with christians and muslims given you guys haven't made world peace yet.

Goals and prophecies is not the same as accomplishments.

Something is definitely not right. If we have all that much spirituality on earth why have we descended into materialism and wars?

We don't and we have healthy spiritual practices to each his own. Bahai is no special than anyone else in regards to wars. If you guys have peace, you shouldn't have to "wait" for others to agree with you. Since we have not and will not, is your spirituality invalid?

Credit must be given on deeds & performance not belief alone. Belief alone is not fixing the words problems. We need a new system. Belief is not our Saviour.

Again, you're basing other people's spirituality (all spirituality-Pagan, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Etc-) off of your experiences. Protestant non-liturgical christian churches are the only christians I know that use belief as a soul means of salvation.

You have a belief, so do Christians (and Hindu etc)
You have actions, so do they
You have dogma, so do they
You have traditions, so do they
You have rituals, so do they

Name one thing you have in the present moment that has nothing to do with wars, bias, and negativity that a christian does not have

when discussing greater peace.

Again: if your peace is my peace, what is my peace?

I will keep asking and stating this point (another point you keep avoiding) till the cows come home or break through the dense piece of wood.

Do you get the points?

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
An person's independent spirituality should not be judged by someone else's or group's (edit) behavior.

That is my judging your spirituality as "it does not work" because you are not at peace with christians and muslims given you guys haven't made world peace yet.

Goals and prophecies is not the same as accomplishments.

We don't and we have healthy spiritual practices to each his own. Bahai is no special than anyone else in regards to wars. If you guys have peace, you shouldn't have to "wait" for others to agree with you. Since we have not and will not, is your spirituality invalid?

Again, you're basing other people's spirituality (all spirituality-Pagan, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Etc-) off of your experiences. Protestant non-liturgical christian churches are the only christians I know that use belief as a soul means of salvation.

You have a belief, so do Christians (and Hindu etc)
You have actions, so do they
You have dogma, so do they
You have traditions, so do they
You have rituals, so do they

Name one thing you have in the present moment that has nothing to do with wars, bias, and negativity that a christian does not have

when discussing greater peace.

Again: if your peace is my pace, what is my peace?

I will keep asking and stating this point till the cows come hope or break through the dense piece of wood.

Do you get the points?

Humanity is in need of a solution to its many problems.

We believe the only way to solve our problems is through coming together.

Separately none is able to solve these problems. We haven't tried unity yet. So we can try it and see if it works.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The affect of love on hearts in my experience makes it easier to overlook the faults of others. The love relationship is between God and us. It is the most important teaching in Christianity to love God, the second most important to love your neighbour and enemy, and to forgive. All the other commandments centre around these teachings.

What is love without god?

I get that. You feel like we use quotes too much eh?

I can't figure who does more quoting, bahai or christians. Maybe others can take it, but to me that's like introducing me to your friend by giving me a book about him.

Who are you? You are one beautiful soul! Do you want me to write your biography?:)

If you could :p No. Conversation about the faith gives me a sense of what you guys believe. If you guys all quoted the same scripture all the time, I can't learn anything. That's like you guys giving me three different Bahai books, you tell me about the books by pointing to page numbers, and when we tell you to put down the books and talk to us, some of you get tongued after a few post and go back to the books or avid the question/s all together.

shrugs.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm very glad Baha'is shared their Faith with me.
Yes I know. You're happy as a Baha'i'. It suits you, and I'm happy for you. Different religions work better for differing personality types. If you weren't happy as a Baha'i' surely you'd have the brains to switch.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So the civil war in Syria there's no stubbornness? Or the Buddhist/Rohinga conflict and the many minorities that are being oppressed, there's no stubbornness in granting full freedom and rights to these people?
I never said that. I objected to your massive generalisations. At this point I have my suspicions whether or not you even know what a generalisation is.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Humanity is in need of a solution to its many problems.

How about focusing on all the positive aspects of the people on this planet for a change? All this focusing on the negative must be depressing, no?

There is so much good here. So many countries NOT AT WAR. So many happy peace loving people. So much food, so much love.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
How about focusing on all the positive aspects of the people on this planet for a change? All this focusing on the negative must be depressing, no?

There is so much good here. So many countries NOT AT WAR. So many happy peace loving people. So much food, so much love.

We are focusing on the positive eye much so. All our principles revolve around human happiness and a better life for all on this earth.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I never said that. I objected to your massive generalisations. At this point I have my suspicions whether or not you even know what a generalisation is.

Mostly I generalize for brevity because to list all the specifics would be too long and tedious to read through so I don't place them all up.

If for instance I say humanity has been at war with itself for 6,000 years do I then have to give a list of 20 or 30 wars to support my 'generalization' when it's a fact known to almost anyone?

I mainly am trying to keep it short but I can elaborate as much as you want should you wish.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You avoid the questions again.

I am trying to address your post as best as I can Carlita but I just have a different viewpoint to you so please kindly bear with me.

For me it's all about humanity. I didn't join the Baha'i Faith for me but because I saw a better, happier world if its teachings were applied universally.

What's the point of Faith if it doesn't address humanity's needs? If Faith is just all about 'me' and does not bring humanity together in love or peace, I fail to see the point of religion at all.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Yes I know. You're happy as a Baha'i'. It suits you, and I'm happy for you. Different religions work better for differing personality types. If you weren't happy as a Baha'i' surely you'd have the brains to switch.

If I hadn't become a Baha'i I could easily have been a Hindu as I always had a deep belief and feeling of ahimsa mainly because of my dear mother, God bless her soul.

I never ever saw my mother angry once or shout or yell at me. She never hit me either. Somehow she made me love her and respect her more through her softness and ahimsa than anything.

I always believe she lived the life of a saint. She had a magnetic personality that people loved to be around and she was always generous and nobody left her home without a gift.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You're not showing understanding and open-ended questions on how I see things. If what I say is something you disagree with, why? I know what you believe, but beyond our (edit) disagreements we have more things to learn. If respect and interest in differences is part of your faith, then it would be not only in who you are with in person but reflects your words both in person, phone, and online.

I am trying to address your post as best as I can Carlita but I just have a different viewpoint to you so please kindly bear with me.

On that note of learning, we may have something sin common but the only way to see that is if we get beyond the vagueness of what we have in common (which you have not yet defined) and talk about our differences as well.

For me it's all about humanity. I didn't join the Baha'i Faith for me but because I saw a better, happier world if its teachings were applied universally.

" I " (Ima be picky) didn't join Bahai Faith for me.... you had to join it for yourself. If that were the case, you would have stayed Catholic.

Why? Because Catholicism isn't a universalist faith. It's a we-faith. It's not one that promotes investigation outside of the Church walls. You can't even take communion in other christian churches. That is a we-faith.

Bahai is not a we-faith. It's universalist. It's a group of individuals working together. You said this in your comment of Bahai being able to investigate outside of the Bahai faith. What we-religion lets you do that?

The broader your religion is and free your religion is, the more it is individual rather than communal. You can still be for humanity. Just you're missing my point that

it starts with the individual. No one pushed you to the Bahai faith but you, right? The spiritual health starts with you.

So....

that is not just you we are talking about. It's about Christians, Muslims, Hinduis, Buddhist, Pagans, Wiccans, and everyone else.

It is highly wrong to define a person's spirituality by their religious history.

Why do you disagree with that?

What's the point of Faith if it doesn't address humanity's needs? If Faith is just all about 'me' and does not bring humanity together in love or peace, I fail to see the point of religion at all.

Humanity is made up of individuals. You came into the Bahai faith. No one pulled you in, right?

You investigated it to see if it was right for you, no one forced you, right?

Christianity is the same just as Buddhism. But your experiences with Christianity blind you to the positive spiritual health it brings other individuals. Your lack of intimate knowledge in Hinduism makes you put them in the same category with other religions who have wars without addressing the people who actually believe in these religions and their individual spiritual health.

Remember. Not everyone things like you. So, if you are all for diversity, one place to start is understanding other people's worldviews. You don't have to agree but at least understand them enough to conversate about it.

Surface learning isn't enough if you want to have an interfaith conversation.

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We are focusing on the positive eye much so. All our principles revolve around human happiness and a better life for all on this earth.
Not from what I've been reading on here. Maybe in real life that's true. I have no idea. Certainly it's acharacteristic of Abrahamics to focus on the bad even in individuals. They call it sin. We Hindus don't believe in sin, nor a wrathful God.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Mostly I generalize for brevity because to list all the specifics would be too long and tedious to read through so I don't place them all up.

If for instance I say humanity has been at war with itself for 6,000 years do I then have to give a list of 20 or 30 wars to support my 'generalization' when it's a fact known to almost anyone?

I mainly am trying to keep it short but I can elaborate as much as you want should you wish.
No I don't want you to elaborate. I already know the views of Baha'i' in a 'more than I need to know' sense.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If I hadn't become a Baha'i I could easily have been a Hindu as I always had a deep belief and feeling of ahimsa mainly because of my dear mother, God bless her soul.

LOL No I don't think so. The psychological need for a prophet is a very basic instinctive need, like the need for food, or shelter. It's one of several key things that separates us. So you are meant to be a Bahai.

Yes, Baha'i' is closer to Hinduism than Islam. I will give you that.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Not from what I've been reading on here. Maybe in real life that's true. I have no idea. Certainly it's acharacteristic of Abrahamics to focus on the bad even in individuals. They call it sin. We Hindus don't believe in sin, nor a wrathful God.

We don't believe in the existence of evil but that it is the absence of good so we have no belief in things like Satan etc we see that as symbolical representing to lower nature of man.

We believe people were born without sin and gradually learnt wrong ways.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
We don't believe in the existence of evil but that it is the absence of good so we have no belief in things like Satan etc we see that as symbolical representing to lower nature of man.

We believe people were born without sin and gradually learnt wrong ways.

I don't believe in 'wrong ways', just ignorance, called anava, or primal darkness. You avoided the unavoidable 'need for a prophet' comment. You're a Bahai through and through, and i view that as a good thing.