• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Satan get to the garden of Eden?

sincerly

Now I understand at your age you may not understand the rules of the forum.

But do us a favor and quit derailing this thread with YEC nonsense.

take it to the science section if you have a problem with common knowledge.

Hi Outhouse, I have read and do understand the rules of the forum. My beliefs of a thread are just as valid to me as your's are to you. You have claimed some things which, in your opinion, are Myths. However, I have and have shown where my Beliefs are just as valid to me as your's are to you and what you refer to as a myth most definitely is NOT.
I don't find any "Rule by REF" that one has to accept any particular source which all members have to accept as Authoritative.

This thread concerning Satan and the Creation of the earth with its first created Beings happened as GOD dictated there is no derailing with information concerning that process. Just because your view of the beginning of all that exists is different, is refuted by the Scriptural account doesn't negate the creation account nor Age of the Earth.
And the OP was derailed by the claimed "myth" supposition/opposition.

Again, the "common knowledge" is according to who is claiming such "atheist" or "theist".

Also, my age has nothing to do with my beliefs or understanding---rules or otherwise. Perhaps you need to re-read the rules?

outhouse said:
YEC nonsense STOP IT!
So the few people on the ark had scattered around the world in 100 years ??? :facepalm:
you are embarrassing to deal with.

No nonsense on my part. You asked for a date and I gave one. Since the "myth" upsets your earth age calculations, you will have to accept that I am staying with my Beliefs.
"into all the world" doesn't mean "around the world." They went in all directions away from each other.

Your feeling that way is most likely due to my not acquiescing to your beliefs which I see as erroneous.

outhouse said:
false another statement from ignorance on the subject.

theistic evolution does not require abiogenesis

I apologize, but that doesn't make sense. One can not get something from nothing,

waitasec

Veteran Member
Hi Outhouse, I have read and do understand the rules of the forum. My beliefs of a thread are just as valid to me as your's are to you. You have claimed some things which, in your opinion, are Myths. However, I have and have shown where my Beliefs are just as valid to me as your's are to you and what you refer to as a myth most definitely is NOT.

which is only your opinion
:facepalm:

religious belief is only an opinion.

outhouse

Atheistically
you will have to accept that I am staying with my Beliefs.

I dont care about your beliefs as long as you keep them to yourself

when you get in a public forum and denounce science, geology, biology, and a hundred other departments from a stance of ignorance, in favor of known mythology. is another story and the ignorance needs to stop.

waitasec

Veteran Member
No nonsense on my part. You asked for a date and I gave one. Since the "myth" upsets your earth age calculations, you will have to accept that I am staying with my Beliefs.
:spit:
absolute nonsense...

don't you have to accept it as well

the irony in this circular logic is absolutely astonishing

wait ... deja vu

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So...from another thread moments ago....I quote myself...

The concept that warning has no meaning without prior experience is totally stupid.....sorry.
But there's no kind way of saying it.

This world is full of warning...so too the next.

I don't need to be experienced, to know that falling from a high place will kill me....I've been told.
Children need to be told....or they will lose their balance and fall.
And most understand well enough to avoid such things....once they are told.

If warning is completely reliant upon experience....
every deadly event is fatal...and unavoidable.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you....is a code of behavior.
It is also a fair warning.

The angels will do unto you as you did unto others.

You don't need to die to be warned.
But to live well enough...later....you have been warned.

Opinion?.....if you prefer to say it is....if saying so makes you feel better.

sincerly

I dont care about your beliefs as long as you keep them to yourself
when you get in a public forum and denounce science, geology, biology, and a hundred other departments from a stance of ignorance, in favor of known mythology. is another story and the ignorance needs to stop.

Outhouse, this is a debate forum----therefore, my comments are as valid for expressing as yours.
And I see nothing that has been found to make me believe that ALL that I see about me of Mineral, vegetable, or animal was spontaneously produced from nothing without there being a "Creator". HIM I acknowledge.

Since you choose to stay "ignorant" of that Creator GOD----so be it.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly

:spit:
absolute nonsense...

don't you have to accept it as well

the irony in this circular logic is absolutely astonishing

wait ... deja vu

Yes, your posts are just that.
BTW, Waitasec, yes, I answered questions which were off-topic---just as this one is.

kellykep

I was reading Gen 3 and I ended with more questions than answers.
1. Did God put Satan in the garden?
2. Didn't God know what would happen?
3 Did you notice that Satan always gives a piece of truth & a lie

The word Satan is not found in Genesis. In fact it is not found in the whole of the Pentateuch. The first use of the word is in 1Ch 21:1 where it means the opponent or the adversary. So:

Did God put Satan in the garden?
No. But we infer that the serpent is Eden is Satan from reading the passage like Rev 12:9 where Satan is also referred to as serpent and devil. However, contextual relations abound in the bible. Satan was in heaven with God before He came to earth. Notice:
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
This is how Satan ended up in Eden.

Did God know what would happen?
Yes. But God had already created man before sin entered His creation so the best He could do was warn man about his choices before he confronted the adversary. He couldn't get man into taking sides in the conflict that was not properly his.

Yes Satan will always mix truth with lies. His truths are so subtle. He knows more about God than we do or even Adam did. So He will tell 99% truth and 1% lie just to get one to his side.

outhouse

Atheistically
Rev 12:9 where Satan is also referred to as serpent and devil

heres your problem trying to tie that into the OT

the OT was written by jews

rev was written by a roman authors after the split with judaism

You cant use another culture writings to explain a earlier culture's beliefs within a different religion.

sincerly

heres your problem trying to tie(Rev.12:9) that into the OT

the OT was written by jews

Outhouse, The NT was, also, written by Jews. The Bible(OT and NT) is one accounting of GOD and HIS leading of peoples who Believe and Follow HIS instructions, laws, and Commandments. That "tie" is, indeed, present and true.
Your doubting doesn't make it NOT so.

rev was written by a roman authors after the split with judaism

John was the writer of Revelation and was a prisoner exiled by Rome for his "testimony of Jesus Christ".
The Roman Religion was never a part of "Judaism".

You cant use another culture writings to explain a earlier culture's beliefs within a different religion.

The "Everlasting Gospel" is for all of mankind and is revealed from Genesis to Revelation.

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
The word Satan is not found in Genesis. In fact it is not found in the whole of the Pentateuch.

No, this is false...Numbers 22:22 - vai·yi·char-af e·lo·him ki-ho·v·lech hu vai·yit·ya·tzev mal·'ach ha·shem bad·de·rech le·sa·tan lov ve·hu ro·chev al-a·to·nov u·she·nei ne·'a·rav im·mov.

Numbers 22:22 - And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ***, and his two servants were with him.

In the KJV it was translated at adversary, which is proper...however your statement is false...le satan is mentioned in the pentatuech.

outhouse

Atheistically
No, this is false...Numbers 22:22 - vai·yi·char-af e·lo·him ki-ho·v·lech hu vai·yit·ya·tzev mal·'ach ha·shem bad·de·rech le·sa·tan lov ve·hu ro·chev al-a·to·nov u·she·nei ne·'a·rav im·mov.

Numbers 22:22 - And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ***, and his two servants were with him.

In the KJV it was translated at adversary, which is proper...however your statement is false...le satan is mentioned in the pentatuech.

the only problem is satan is a mistranslation, if you think it means a being like the devil.

god sends down a angel to be a adversary to balaam and to try and stop him.

this was not, gods adversary.

adversary/satan was a common verb and not a being like the devil, it was just another name for adversary in this case.

a simple word