• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Satan get to the garden of Eden?

TheCup

Only Christian (and Muslim) interpretation say that Satan was in the Garden.

According to Judaism, Satan was not anywhere in the Garden, let alone Satan = the serpent.

I had a theory in an older thread where it is God who orchestra the whole expulsion of Adam and Eve from Eden by any of the followings:

1. God was the one impersonating the serpent;
  2. or God made the serpent talk, to persuade Eve to take the fruit.
For the 2nd possibility, God did made a donkey talk to Balaam in Numbers 22.

My reasoning is that God didn't want them to stay in the Garden, because in Genesis 1, his decree was that humans should "go forth and multiply". They can't stay in the Garden if he wanted them to populate the earth.

This is logical if you take his curse to Adam into consideration. God told Adam that he will have to find his own food, by "toiling the earth", like farming for example, instead of enjoying the bounty of Eden, where Adam wouldn't need to grow his own food.

Hello NOSTIC;
I was merely interested in how you come up with the answers you post. I really don't mean to sound smart with this concern, I simply am interested in different people's replies to different questions and issues posted here in these forums...?

REGARDS: THE CUP

lunamoth

Will to love
I was reading Gen 3 and I ended with more questions than answers.
1. Did God put Satan in the garden?
2. Didn't God know what would happen?
3 Did you notice that Satan always gives a piece of truth & a lie
It is a story of metaphor and symbolism. Yes, our world was created both with dangers and choices.

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
So you now have a practice of empty retort.

Still claim you're here to learn?

Learn what? That metaphorical stories of myth, which every single religion has and are vastly different, are actually fact? Excuse me sir, are you here to learn or to preach?