• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does homosexual activity benefit society?

Agnostic75

Message to nekoboy: Consider a hypothetical person named John Smith. He is a heterosexual. He detests homosexuality. He agrees with your positions about non-denominational prayer in schools, gun control, the family, and world population. He has a wonderful wife, and a large family, and is a loving husband and father. He donates a lot of his time and money to charitable causes.

John sounds like your kind of guy, but guess what? He is an atheist. He has studied the Bible, and Mormonism extensively, and has rejected both. How will John's heterosexuality, his excellent character, and his agreement with you about those issues help him after he dies, and God judges him?

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
“One word, Ma'am," he said, coming back from the fire; limping, because of the pain. "One word. All you've been saying is quite right, I shouldn't wonder. I'm a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won't deny any of what you said. But there's one more thing to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things-trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We're just babies making up a game, if you're right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. So, thanking you kindly for our supper, if these two gentlemen and the young lady are ready, we're leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for Overland. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that's a small loss if the world's as dull a place as you say.”
--puddleglum, the silver chair

Mmm, except that sometimes living by imaginary rules sometimes causes far more pain and torment than living by rational, thoughtful rules.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I personally cannot take anyone's freedom away, but I will not support certain things either.
By being complicit in the stance to disallow homosexuals full access to the society in which they live, you are part of the machine that is taking their constitutional rights to liberty and pursuit of happiness away.

sojourner

And yet both conditions are sexual in nature. So therefore, they are both equally hard to cure.
Where there is no disease, there is no cure. Homosexuality (once again, for the apparently-illiterate) is not considered to be anything other than normal sexual behavior.

sojourner

I don't understand why this thread is so long? I already gave my top 10 list of how homosexuality benefits society...

Me Myself

Back to my username
In general, male homosexuals have higher IQs than male heterosexuals. I forget how much higher on average, but it's significant. Society can use all the intelligence it can get.

Does this mean that people who sin are more inteligent than people who don´t?

according to this evidence, that is akin to the evidence presented in oppoosition to homosexuality, it would be unchristian to educate your children or yourself or stimulate your/their brains.

It has biblical suppport to "thanks gof for keeping away this things from the wise and teaching them to the common folk"

Combate inteligence ant it´s sin!! :eek:

Wow, I am REALLY unholy :areyoucra

Schools don't have to promote it, but they should allow it. If it is a voluntary, non-denominational prayer, they should allow it.

They allow any kind of prayer ( well, maybe exceptions if they find someone doing black magic or something) but as any other talking, it is reserved for recess not class.

Manss

I have to announce all and it is a serious warning .....God perished a folk (society) and destroyed a city wholly because of homosexuality and now I waring all religions responsible if they legalize this abominable action publicly and this fatal action is done as usual, they must wait for a great disaster and torture from god for that society ....what I say is certain and I don't doubt in that occurrence.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Pph! God in that time loved war and genocide, while he thought that eating pig was worse than having slaves and raping them.

His very moral is more abominable than same sex sex will ever be.

Especillay when it is women on women!:mad:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I have to announce all and it is a serious warning .....God perished a folk (society) and destroyed a city wholly because of homosexuality and now I waring all religions responsible if they legalize this abominable action publicly and this fatal action is done as usual, they must wait for a great disaster and torture from god for that society ....what I say is certain and I don't doubt in that occurrence.

That doesn't sound like a god to me. That sounds like a barbaric and heinous devil. Killing people and torturing over whom they love... really?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

New Jersey, New York, Washington DC, Washington State, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Iowa (have I forgotten any?) are all just fine and dandy with gay marriage and civil unions. And the US was still standing when I looked out the window a few seconds ago.

Btw, maybe your God is that vicious; mine is loving, a good friend and actually a practical joker on His friends and loved ones. He drove His mother crazy as a toddler with His antics and mischief.

Me Myself

Back to my username
New Jersey, New York, Washington DC, Washington State, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Iowa (have I forgotten any?) are all just fine and dandy with gay marriage and civil unions. And the US is standing when I looked out the window a few seconds earlier.

Btw, maybe your God is that vicious; mine is loving, a good friend and actually a practical joker on His friends and loved ones. He drove His mother crazy as a toddler with His antics and mischief.

Tell him that he still owes me pranks! :cover:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Be careful what you wish for. He hid the gopis' clothes while they were bathing. He is the Supreme, after all. ;)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Your "god" sounds like a petty, infantile and sadistic little cartoon character; i.e. garbage not worth taking seriously. :)

Claims need to be rationally sound and supported by evidence, which you're sorely lacking. The fables of ancient goat herders are nothing more than that.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Pph! God in that time loved war and genocide, while he thought that eating pig was worse than having slaves and raping them.

His very moral is more abominable than same sex sex will ever be.

Exactly. The moral standards of abrahamic faiths are disproportionate and inconsistent. We're talking about a primitive, savage people who sold their own children into sexual slavery. What sensible person would use that garbage as a moral compass in the modern world?