• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does homosexual activity benefit society?

Trey of Diamonds

The Great Khan ruled! (literally). :biglaugh:

I didn't know the details you mentioned, but I knew his empire was huge and was safe to traverse. In fact, I think it was because of him that the Silk Roads came into being as safe trade routes.

The name of the airport in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia is Chinngis Khaan International Airport. Chinggis Khaan International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny you should mention that. The Silk Road predates Genghis and is in fact the reason he turned his eyes west after conquering China. He was perfectly happy with just having China and Tibet and was looking to expand through trade. From traders traveling the Silk Road he learned that the Muslims to the west were great traders so he sent an ambassador. The Persian emperor of the time, a Turk I believe, sent the ambassadors head back, sans body. Well to the Mongols, anything you do to the Ambassador of the Khan you symbolicly do to the Khan. Much bloodshed and mayhem ensued. :D

Also, Genghis Khan favored the Tibetians over the Chinese, which is why the Chinese hate Tibet to this day.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Funny you should mention that. The Silk Road predates Genghis and is in fact the reason he turned his eyes west after conquering China. He was perfectly happy with just having China and Tibet and was looking to expand through trade. From traders traveling the Silk Road he learned that the Muslims to the west were great traders so he sent an ambassador. The Persian emperor of the time, a Turk I believe, sent the ambassadors head back, sans body. Well to the Mongols, anything you do to the Ambassador of the Khan you symbolicly do to the Khan. Much bloodshed and mayhem ensued. :D

Also, Genghis Khan favored the Tibetians over the Chinese, which is why the Chinese hate Tibet to this day.

According to the tv show "Deadliest Warrior", a lot of the mongols' weapon designs and technology were borrowed from the turks.

Trey of Diamonds

According to the tv show "Deadliest Warrior", a lot of the mongols' weapon designs and technology were borrowed from the turks.

Half the Mongol empire was Turkic so I don't know that they borrowed anything so much as they assimilated it. The Turks they are speaking of are the originals, not the ones in Turkey today who migrated there pre-Khan from the Asian steppes.

Manss

Yes. Gorilas for starters.

Also heard that 10% of rams only do it with males, and this frustrates farmers.

Although I am not sure about your example while some female animal be prepared ,nevertheless I ask it is not any difference and predominance between wise human and animals ?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Yes. Gorilas for starters.

Also heard that 10% of rams only do it with males, and this frustrates farmers.
tumblr_lsvqjiFDQL1r0bb02o1_500.jpg

Agnostic75

Manss said:
Excuse me . is it naturally a man see other man has adhered on his back ? Has seen anybody a male animal does such with another male animal when a female animal is attainable for it ?

It is well-known that almost all bonobo monkeys are bi-sexual. It is also well-known that in some cases, animals and birds prefer sexual contact with members of their own sex over sexual contact with the opposite sex. Some of that is dominance behavior, but dominance behavior cannot account for all supposed cases of homosexuality among animals and birds.

Are you a Christian, a Jew, or a Muslim? Is English your primary language?

nekoboy

Teenage neko

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God never perish a nation due to hospitality. They were punished because of publicly homosexuality
Show the passages supporting this.

Although I am not sure about your example while some female animal be prepared ,nevertheless I ask it is not any difference and predominance between wise human and animals ?
I think you're changing the subject here. The presumed predominance of humans over animals isn't an issue here. The point is, homosexuality is a common, normal variation throughout the animal kingdom.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What has the "cultural lens of the time" to do with the righteousness of god and morality, both of which should be timeless?
God's righteousness and morality always work within humanity. Since we live within the bounds of the cultural mores of our own time, we can only speak from those mores. When the authors wrote the stories, they were told from the moral perspectives of the time. The stories need to be reinerpreted for our time.

Here's a real good example. the ancients had no concept of sexual orientation. To them, there was no such thing as a homosexual, as we think of homosexuals. When we read our culture into the stories, making I Cor. 6:9 about homosexuality, we inevitably get it wrong.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God never perish a nation due to hospitality. They were punished because of publicly homosexuality
Since the authors had no concept of homosexuality, your opinion is wrong.
The hospitality laws and mores were quite important in the ancient Near East. Yes, it was a heavy offense to neglect visitors.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
God's righteousness and morality always work within humanity. Since we live within the bounds of the cultural mores of our own time, we can only speak from those mores. When the authors wrote the stories, they were told from the moral perspectives of the time. The stories need to be reinerpreted for our time.

Here's a real good example. the ancients had no concept of sexual orientation. To them, there was no such thing as a homosexual, as we think of homosexuals. When we read our culture into the stories, making I Cor. 6:9 about homosexuality, we inevitably get it wrong.

So our social norms supersede god's will and wisdom?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Also, why does "homosexual activity," which I am assuming means sexual activity, have to benefit the society as a whole? Most sex doesn't. Many sexual activities definitely don't. So why does one have to even make an argument against such a ludicrous position?
I'm not sure that "homosexual activity" has to justify itself, but all else being equal, things that make the members of society happier constitute a benefit to society, and last time I checked, homosexual people are members of society just like anyone else.

And personally, while I'm not homosexual myself, I'd think that homosexual people, just like anyone else, are generally happier overall when they're not being repressed sexually.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

So... in a story about same-sex gang rape, your god doesn't care about the "gang rape" part, but thinks the "same-sex" part is worthy of punishment?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
The only point I am making is that it is a two way street. Gays don't have to make up the excuse "I was born that way" because God gave people free agency, even over their own weaknesses.

The solution to homosexuality? Anyone can change through christ, although they certainly have the choice not to. I cannot stop them.

Anyone can change through the invisible pink unicorn. They give up their heather ways and enjoy ham, and pineapple pizza to the full. You can turn away from the pepperoni and mushroom pizza eating ways and embrace the best way via ham and pineapple pizza.

Trey of Diamonds

Anyone can change through the invisible pink unicorn. They give up their heather ways and enjoy ham, and pineapple pizza to the full. You can turn away from the pepperoni and mushroom pizza eating ways and embrace the best way via ham and pineapple pizza.

The Great Ham has spoken!

Long live the Pineapple!