• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How hard is it to watch people heading for hell

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I realized this may be off topic, so I think I will start a new thread a bit later.

In any case, I just think it sound... I don´t know, unfair. Like if someone who only has one leg would have to compete with people who has two and still is blamed for not coming first.

Hell is unfair, to the extent that it is real to begin with. That is sortta the point :)

People don't suffer (in this world or any other) because they deserve it. They suffer because the world failed to be hospitable enough to them and they failed to be wise and resourceful enough to compensate.

Wotan

... said Jesus to the Father...

Warning: Religious joke follows.

Some rabbis are at playing golf. While waiting to drive one says,"I'm embarrassed to say it but Son announced he was going to become a Christian."

"I'm sorry to hear that," says his fellow rabbi, "but you know my Son told me the same thing. Really depressing."

"Well join the club" says a third. "My Son has been a Christian for years. Something going around maybe?"

At that moment the skies darken and deep voice booms across the green, "Now that you mention it. . . ."

Kerr

Hell is unfair, to the extent that it is real to begin with. That is sortta the point :)

People don't suffer (in this world or any other) because they deserve it. They suffer because the world failed to be hospitable enough to them and they failed to be wise and resourceful enough to compensate.
I know. I just have more respect for the position that bad people go to hell because they deserve is then the position that people go to hell because they believe in the wrong god/gods or in no god at all. Personally I don´t see how a good god could allow for hell to exist, at last not in the sadistic way that some people make it out to be.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
If you showed up at my home you would would find no alcohol, no cursing, no blasphemy, a cross on my mantel, lots of saying amen, a TVGuardian, internet filters, 25 or so Bibles, lot's of Christian literature and teaching materials, you might find me gone visiting the widows and sick. You would find a peaceful relaxed, loving atmosphere built on the golden rule, which is in the Bible by the way. And then I would ask you about our soul and where will it spend eternity.

With all due respect, do you think that all that makes you a good Christian? What about Jesus' commands? Do you follow them? Are you merciful so God will be merciful to you? Do you love those who don't love you back? Do you take the log out of your own eye and ignore the splinter in your brothers' eyes?
Reading and having a bible does not make someone a Christian. Going to Church on Sunday and Wednesday does not make someone a Christian. Abstaining from alcohol does not make someone a Christian. Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself- and anyone can be your neighbor- an atheist, a Muslim, a Hindu, UU, and everyone else. Jesus drank wine and the Pharisees of His time called Him a drunkard and they called Him a glutton. They got angry with Him because he "hung out" with "sinners".

Try reading your bible instead of just owning them.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
With all due respect, do you think that all that makes you a good Christian? What about Jesus' commands? Do you follow them? Are you merciful so God will be merciful to you? Do you love those who don't love you back? Do you take the log out of your own eye and ignore the splinter in your brothers' eyes?
Reading and having a bible does not make someone a Christian. Going to Church on Sunday and Wednesday does not make someone a Christian. Abstaining from alcohol does not make someone a Christian. Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself- and anyone can be your neighbor- an atheist, a Muslim, a Hindu, UU, and everyone else. Jesus drank wine and the Pharisees of His time called Him a drunkard and they called Him a glutton. They got angry with Him because he "hung out" with "sinners".

Try reading your bible instead of just owning them.
:clap *cheers* :clap