• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not know what kind of luxury car I like. I have driven a Porsche. I liked that! I hope my old Jeep lasts a long long time.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Aston Martin for me. Or a vintage Lotus Esprit.

You know your cars!
There have been times I have thought "I have some spare time on my hands. What if I go to the dealership all dressed up nice, maybe I'll walk there, and ask for a test drive." And I thought "I wonder if they do a credit check first?". I actually have very good credit.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I also have wondered if they ask me somehow if I am actually interested in buying a car. And I can't lie so I says to myself well, self, I might actually do it and die so I would have to say I am but my husband sure isn't. Does that matter?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Here in my car, I feel safest of all; I can lock all my doors -- it's the only way to live, in cars.

Love is a stranger in an open car, to tempt you in and drive you far away.

Baby you can drive my car; yes I'm gonna be a star. Baby you can drive my car, and baby I love you!

She's got her daddy's car and she's cruisin' to the hamburger stand now... Seems she forgot all about the library like she told her old man, now.

Don't go chasing motorcars; please keep to the side. Someone's fancy motorcar might take you for a ride...

They toot around town in their big Grand Prix, sittin' in their bucket seats, shootin' the breeze. You know that all week long they put up jams and preserves, but on the weekend they negotiate curves.

Come away with me, Lucille, in my merry Oldsmobile! Down the road of life we'll fly -- automobubbling, you and I!

...And the good people of the world are washing their cars on their lunch break -- hosing and scrubbing as best they can in skirts and suits. They drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks back to the phone company and the record store, too. But they're nothing like Billy and me, 'cause all I wanna do is have some fun...

I guess I shoulda known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last. See, you're the kinda person tht believes in makin' out once -- love 'em and leave 'em fast.

Mustang Sally! I guess you'd better slow your Mustang down! You been runnin' all over town now; I guess I have to put your flat feet on the ground...

You can dress in pink and blue just like a child, and in a yellow taxi turn to me and smile, we'll be there in just a while, if you follow me.

And you don't stop, sure shot. you go out to the parking lot, and you get in your car and you drive real far, and you drive all night and then you see a light, and it comes right down and lands on the ground, and out comes the man from Mars...

It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down, I had the radio on -- I was drivin'. Trees flew by, me and Del was singin' "Little Runaway" -- I was flyin'.

Jump back, what's that sound? Here she comes full blast and top down. Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue.

I love you for your pink Cadillac, crushed velvet seats, riding in the back, oozing down the street, waving to the girls, feeling out of sight, spending all my money on a Saturday night.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Creation is perfect needing Jesus to make it perfect.

I believe I NEED Jesus. Jesus died for the sins of the world. Sinning mean imperfect. Do you agree?

I am not saying that the present condition is perfect but simply the original condition was perfect.

I agree sin means I have become imperfect but I believe I can return to being perfect but at present I need Jesus.

Muffled

Jesus in me
"Jesus is God"

Is true in the same way Jesus says it in the bible when he is asked:

"Desnt the scriptures say "you are gods?" "

So, that's how its true.

I believe it is not the same way and there is no justification for saying that it is.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That's right, a god.

John 10:33 should read "Thou makest thyself a god", since it's an anarthrous Theos, which explains Jesus's statement in total fluidity with the context. The standard Trinitarian interpretation has Jesus dishonestly changing the subject.

However i believe that does not mean the Pharisees were correct in their assessment.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Here in my car, I feel safest of all; I can lock all my doors -- it's the only way to live, in cars.

Love is a stranger in an open car, to tempt you in and drive you far away.

Baby you can drive my car; yes I'm gonna be a star. Baby you can drive my car, and baby I love you!

She's got her daddy's car and she's cruisin' to the hamburger stand now... Seems she forgot all about the library like she told her old man, now.

Don't go chasing motorcars; please keep to the side. Someone's fancy motorcar might take you for a ride...

They toot around town in their big Grand Prix, sittin' in their bucket seats, shootin' the breeze. You know that all week long they put up jams and preserves, but on the weekend they negotiate curves.

Come away with me, Lucille, in my merry Oldsmobile! Down the road of life we'll fly -- automobubbling, you and I!

...And the good people of the world are washing their cars on their lunch break -- hosing and scrubbing as best they can in skirts and suits. They drive their shiny Datsuns and Buicks back to the phone company and the record store, too. But they're nothing like Billy and me, 'cause all I wanna do is have some fun...

I guess I shoulda known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last. See, you're the kinda person tht believes in makin' out once -- love 'em and leave 'em fast.

Mustang Sally! I guess you'd better slow your Mustang down! You been runnin' all over town now; I guess I have to put your flat feet on the ground...

You can dress in pink and blue just like a child, and in a yellow taxi turn to me and smile, we'll be there in just a while, if you follow me.

And you don't stop, sure shot. you go out to the parking lot, and you get in your car and you drive real far, and you drive all night and then you see a light, and it comes right down and lands on the ground, and out comes the man from Mars...

It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down, I had the radio on -- I was drivin'. Trees flew by, me and Del was singin' "Little Runaway" -- I was flyin'.

Jump back, what's that sound? Here she comes full blast and top down. Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue.

I love you for your pink Cadillac, crushed velvet seats, riding in the back, oozing down the street, waving to the girls, feeling out of sight, spending all my money on a Saturday night.

Mabeline, you ain't started out doin the things you used to do

Mabeline by Chuck Berry (It is good to do references is it not?)

Last edited:

captainbryce

When a believer says Jesus is God, what does it mean? Please do not repeat the scriptural evidence that proclaims it. If my salvation is dependent on believing it, I must know what it means. Who is the Jesus who is The God?

I think I want to add that for now, according to my own understanding, the man Yehoshua is god enough for me but I do not know how to understand he is The Father. How can I know he is the son and The Father? No scripture please.
For the record, Jesus is only God to trinitarians who accept the doctrine of trinity. It is not true according to the word of God, Jesus or any of his disciples as recorded in the bible.

That being said...my question for you is: "Where in the bible does it say (or who said) that this belief is relevant to your salvation? :confused: