• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
The scripture is about God -- the three Persons of God. The whole chapter talks about Moses veiling his face from God. Then Paul mentions "competence from God." that competence comes from "confidence through Jesus." He then talks about competency, not of law, but of spirit, and says that the Lord (God -- it's the same meaning as "LORD" in the Y accounts of the Pentateuch) is the Spirit. All three of the Persons are mentioned in reference to "God."
The scripture is about Jesus being the Spirit.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If they are distinct from each other, then they are three separate and different gods, and that is unbiblical.
No, if they're distinct from each other, then they're not the same person -- they are three Persons, yet they are one God.

sojourner

There is no denomination in the Holy Bible, and the trinity doctrine is false.
Correct. There is no denomination, which means that the doctrine was not formulated by some "false group," but by the Church -- the Body of Christ. Therefore, I guess you're saying that Christ is wrong. Great!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People think each is God, because each is God!
God is God. The son and The Holy Spirit are God's expressions. Would you like it if someone said about you "everything he does and says IS him"? What about when you get angry or make a mistake? That's him!

If a person is everything they do think and say then when they sin it can't be forgiven because sin IS him.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Funny!
  1. Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity. Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms.
It is my opinion GOD ALONE knows God but go ahead google machine haha keep thinking you KNOW.

moorea944

Not according to the doctrine of the Trinity.
That's because the doctrine of the trinity is false doctrine and is man made.

How come the Jews dont believe in the trinity? Arent they God's chosen people? Did Abraham or David believe in a trinity? What about Mary? Did she know that God was going to change or come down to earth as her child? No, she didnt and they didnt.

sojourner

That's because the doctrine of the trinity is false doctrine and is man made.
It's not false, because it's orthodox. All doctrine is man-made, as are the scriptural texts, the church, the symbols of the church, and its theology and teachings. In fact, everything about Xy is "man-made," so I guess the Trinity doctrine is in real good company.

No matter what you think, believe, understand, or are comfortable with, the Doctrine of the Trinity is probably the single most foundational doctrine of mainstream, orthodox Xy. It simply lies at the basis of what Xy is.

moorea944

It's not false, because it's orthodox. All doctrine is man-made, as are the scriptural texts, the church, the symbols of the church, and its theology and teachings. In fact, everything about Xy is "man-made," so I guess the Trinity doctrine is in real good company.

No matter what you think, believe, understand, or are comfortable with, the Doctrine of the Trinity is probably the single most foundational doctrine of mainstream, orthodox Xy. It simply lies at the basis of what Xy is.
I totally agree with you! The trinity is the most foundational doctrine of mainstream Christianity.