• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
1Jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness (KJV)

1Jn 5:19 we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil doth lie; (YLT)

1Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. (ESV)

Notice the difference? Some bibles tend to embellish that line somewhat. In its simplest form it means that the whole world lies in wickedness. Do you not think that Revelation has already taken place then? Apparently not. So S-tan has still a lot of power to you?
I think Revelation already took place. But that is jmho. There isn't a one among us who really knows. We just think we do. ;)

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Do you think it is not possible to love God AND hate evil? The JWs teach that God hates sin and uses Proverbs 6:16-19 to prove it. What do YOU think?
Not only is it possible to love God and hate evil, God expects it from us.

I think they're right about this point. God does hate sin.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God is love. When there is love, there is no hate.
I have posted the scripture that they say says God hates originally was written "hates God". They don't believe me. Are we to ignore that scripture altogether or what, according to you?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Why is there cannot be more than one God, Gods in other words, and still be only ONE God? If the process is reflective, as if through a mirror, then there is still only ONE God, is there not?
Because you would then be contradicting yourself...is God looking at Himself in the mirror, or is there two separate and different gods---AS THE TRINTIY DOCTRINE SAYS.

You just went against the trinity doctrine and did not realize it.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I have posted the scripture that they say says God hates originally was written "hates God". They don't believe me. Are we to ignore that scripture altogether or what, according to you?
I think we have to weigh it against what else we know and believe about God. Does this passage inform us or our faith? Does it help or hinder our spiritual freedom?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think we have to weigh it against what else we know and believe about God. Does this passage inform us or our faith? Does it help or hinder our spiritual freedom?
It helps me when I morph it to say what I see. People who sin those sins are showing that they hate God. I know that. Them who hate their brother hates the light. To hate the light means to hate The God. That is what I think.

1 John 2:9
Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.

Yes

The Church is the Church, CC and Protestant. It is the building and the people collectively, depending on what you are referring to.
The Church was given the Trinity. Are we to say they are wrong? That condemns a lot of people and also says that G-d is not that powerful.
Jesus did not set up a denomination, especially not a denomination full of false teachings.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus promised that if we be his disciples and teach what he would teach then he will be with us.

Yes

That's patently not what the doctrine says.
The trinity doctrine says that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are SEPARATE and DISTINCT. Distinct even means different.

Go ahead and post the definition of the trinity.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It helps me when I morph it to say what I see. People who sin those sins are showing that they hate God. I know that. Them who hate their brother hates the light. To hate the light means to hate The God. That is what I think.

1 John 2:9
Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness.
That doesn't help me, because people who don't hate God sin all the time.