• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The trinity doctrine says that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit are SEPARATE and DISTINCT. Distinct even means different.

Go ahead and post the definition of the trinity.
But it doesn't say that there are "two different gods."

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Evil and sin are overcome by loving God with one's heart and soul and mind, and loving one's neighbor as oneself.
Please, listen carefully...we do NOT love God if we are not obeying. Obeying God IS loving God.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
'K. Have you sold all your goods, given all the proceeds to the poor? No? Clearly that falls under the new covenant.
That is what someone without understanding thinks Jesus wants us all to do. Jesus does not tell us to do that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can see that can of worms you opened. I hear you say if a scripture does not match what you believe then discard it. You will certainly change no minds that way. Wait a minute!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Coolcoolcoolcool. Where were we?
Seems a rather more grim outlook than is necessary. One can either choose to 1) love God or 2) hate evil.

Do you think it is not possible to love God AND hate evil? The JWs teach that God hates sin and uses Proverbs 6:16-19 to prove it. What do YOU think?

God is love. When there is love, there is no hate.

I have posted the scripture that they say says God hates originally was written "hates God". They don't believe me. Are we to ignore that scripture altogether or what, according to you?

I think we have to weigh it against what else we know and believe about God. Does this passage inform us or our faith? Does it help or hinder our spiritual freedom?

That is where we were. The question is can a scripture be discarded for disagreeing with our own dearly held opinion?