• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

outhouse

Atheistically
I do think it's false doctrine. But I know that it is staple to "mainstream" Christianity. That's all I was saying. I dont believe in it. I think it totally degrades our Creator.

Agreed.

But then you alone are redefining god.

You would be giving me ammunition that only man defines all gods as one see's fit.

AllanV

God is an energizing Spirit. The man Jesus proved a nature acceptable to God and the Love in that nature was energized by God. The nature has a mind with consciousness and it is of an immortal. This can be shown in the mind as a comparison and something to be attained. The immortal mind doesn't have a name but the man reported as having resisted all human nature traits with the resulting personality is Jesus.

There is a crossing over from one nature to another. There is a crucial point if the scriptures are followed where a person can be perfect and holy.

The natural senses interfere with the brain and stop it slowing down. There is always activity especially around other people as responses always need to be worked on. The natural mind is somewhat predatory and the mind must be strong in its defense and ability to respond with some power. That power being shown with emphasis on words spoken.
They come across as particularly hard.

The immortal mind is not predatory.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
The church is the body of Christ.
Are you speaking about a denomination? Which denomination are you speaking of?
The Church is the Church, CC and Protestant. It is the building and the people collectively, depending on what you are referring to.
The Church was given the Trinity. Are we to say they are wrong? That condemns a lot of people and also says that G-d is not that powerful.

Robert.Evans

Since you say they are distinct, you have made three different gods.

The trinity doctrine says they are distinct and separate.

Since you say they are different and separate, then you have made three different and separate gods, but erroneously call them One.
Why is there cannot be more than one God, Gods in other words, and still be only ONE God? If the process is reflective, as if through a mirror, then there is still only ONE God, is there not?

Robert.Evans

God is God. The son and The Holy Spirit are God's expressions. Would you like it if someone said about you "everything he does and says IS him"? What about when you get angry or make a mistake? That's him!

If a person is everything they do think and say then when they sin it can't be forgiven because sin IS him.
But God is also the Father, is he not (1Cor8.6) So God is not God, God is the Father. But the son is the same substance isn't he? I think it is a good answer that they are expressions of him, God, but does that not mean that they are him, if they take on what he is?

Robert.Evans

That's because the doctrine of the trinity is false doctrine and is man made.

How come the Jews dont believe in the trinity? Arent they God's chosen people? Did Abraham or David believe in a trinity? What about Mary? Did she know that God was going to change or come down to earth as her child? No, she didnt and they didnt.
The true Jews are the spiritual Jews. Jews of the flesh follow their own God.

Robert.Evans

Funny! It wasn't me who saw it. Good one though! WHOO!

We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one 1 John 5:19
But who is the evil one? If we say that it is S-tan, then who is not under his control? If the ''world'' is those who DON'T believe, then those WHO DO are not under his control. So who's control are they under if they are not under God's control or S-tan's control?

Do you see the problem. It means that all those who believe, no matter what their belief, are NOT under the control of the evil one!

Robert.Evans

1Jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness (KJV)

1Jn 5:19 we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil doth lie; (YLT)

1Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. (ESV)

Notice the difference? Some bibles tend to embellish that line somewhat. In its simplest form it means that the whole world lies in wickedness. Do you not think that Revelation has already taken place then? Apparently not. So S-tan has still a lot of power to you?

Robert.Evans

Evil controls society. A person does not have to be under it's control but you know that.
But your verse said we were under the control of the evil one. I gave renditions to show that it is not always translated that way. It depends largely on whether you think that revelation has gone yet. If you do, he was thrown out of heaven, was he not?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you think it is not possible to love God AND hate evil? The JWs teach that God hates sin and uses Proverbs 6:16-19 to prove it. What do YOU think?