• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Because you would then be contradicting yourself...is God looking at Himself in the mirror, or is there two separate and different gods---AS THE TRINTIY DOCTRINE SAYS.

You just went against the trinity doctrine and did not realize it.
I see God as One my friend. But I see many different realities in my 'wild and crazy ideas'. They are so wild that I think God can make more than one universe, can split his own consciousness into many forms, including us. So as there are different realities, then one can indeed have the Trinity, it would just depend on what you follow or perhaps better, are a part of.
All things are right and all things are wrong.

Robert.Evans

Jesus did not set up a denomination, especially not a denomination full of false teachings.
So who did? You think that the house is divided ? Did you not know that there is only One lord (Eph)? So why would S-atan fool the Church and yet still have them believing? Why not go the whole hog and just make the atheists?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So who did? You think that the house is divided ? Did you not know that there is only One lord (Eph)? So why would S-atan fool the Church and yet still have them believing? Why not go the whole hog and just make the atheists?
Satan does not make anything. And God makes very few things so no one makes a believer, a false believer (someone who believes in something false) or an atheist. You say Christ's bride evolved. Belief evolves as does non belief. You keep saying it shows God is weak if everything, right AND wrong are not right. (that is the crazy part - but it makes me laugh so call it good if you want to)
Truth lets a lie fester because festering makes good strong.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That is where we were. The question is can a scripture be discarded for disagreeing with our own dearly held opinion?
Sure, I think so. We do it all the time. Fundies discard the passage that assures us God will have mercy on whom God will have mercy. We've thrown out Levitican law. We discard the creation accounts as being literalistic.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure, I think so. We do it all the time. Fundies discard the passage that assures us God will have mercy on whom God will have mercy. We've thrown out Levitican law. We discard the creation accounts as being literalistic.
I don't.

sojourner

I can see that can of worms you opened. I hear you say if a scripture does not match what you believe then discard it. You will certainly change no minds that way. Wait a minute!
No, that's not exactly what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that texts disagree A, Lot. So we have to weigh one against the other, choosing (I believe) what speaks best to forbearance, forgiveness, freedom, grace, life, love, compassion, mercy, justice, peace, hospitality, welcome, inclusion, wholeness, abundance.

sojourner

Please, listen carefully...we do NOT love God if we are not obeying. Obeying God IS loving God.

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."
Do children love their parents when they're disobeying? Of course. Your'e taking the texts way too literalistically.

Robert.Evans

Satan does not make anything. And God makes very few things so no one makes a believer, a false believer (someone who believes in something false) or an atheist. You say Christ's bride evolved. Belief evolves as does non belief. You keep saying it shows God is weak if everything, right AND wrong are not right. (that is the crazy part - but it makes me laugh so call it good if you want to)
Truth lets a lie fester because festering makes good strong.
If S-tan does not make anything, who made him?