• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, that's not exactly what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that texts disagree A, Lot. So we have to weigh one against the other, choosing (I believe) what speaks best to forbearance, forgiveness, freedom, grace, life, love, compassion, mercy, justice, peace, hospitality, welcome, inclusion, wholeness, abundance.
OK I agree. I am sure. I would need to suffer horrible torture for it if need be because I can't not believe it. There are many scriptures where the true meaning was lost in translation. So the truth is there, we just can't see it. If it does not "match" that list of things do you dig for meaning OR throw it away? I don't throw it away.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You do not know me. However, IF I do sin, I have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

You seem bent on trying to accuse someone.

I do not live in sin.
I know human beings. And you're a human being. And human beings sin. It's that simple and biblical. You're not Jesus; only Jesus was without sin. I didn't say you "lived in sin." I said that you did sin. But yet you love God. Not accusing or judging -- just being honest.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On who believes that God literally created the earth in 6 24 hour time periods; does not put any stock in evolution -- you know what a creationist is.
OK. No! Haha. No! I believe there is truth in the words of Genesis but they are NOT to be literally discerned. I have been here long enough I think you should know I am not a creationist. Guwd. I'd give you a frowny face if it wasn't so funny.

sojourner

OK I agree. I am sure. I would need to suffer horrible torture for it if need be because I can't not believe it. There are many scriptures where the true meaning was lost in translation. So the truth is there, we just can't see it. If it does not "match" that list of things do you did for meaning OR throw it away? I don't throw it away.
Well, "throw away" is rather... harsh. But discount, based on exegesis? Sure.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I know human beings. And you're a human being. And human beings sin. It's that simple and biblical. You're not Jesus; only Jesus was without sin. I didn't say you "lived in sin." I said that you did sin. But yet you love God. Not accusing or judging -- just being honest.
You do not know all humans. I do not live in sin. Are you speaking about yourself? Have you given up any sins for Jesus? Have your eyes been opened up or not? From what you are saying to me, I would say your eyes have not been opened.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK. No! Haha. No! I believe there is truth in the words of Genesis but they are to be literally discerned. I have been here long enough I think you should know I am not a creationist. Guwd. I'd give you a frowny face if it wasn't so funny.

OK I am sure there was no clocks then. HAHA

sojourner

OK. No! Haha. No! I believe there is truth in the words of Genesis but they are to be literally discerned. I have been here long enough I think you should know I am not a creationist. Guwd. I'd give you a frowny face if it wasn't so funny.
My world suddenly makes sense again.

sojourner

You do not know all humans. I do not live in sin. Are you speaking about yourself? Have you given up any sins for Jesus? Have your eyes been opened up or not? From what you are saying to me, I would say your eyes have not been opened.
Well yours certainly haven't been, if you deny that you sin.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I forgot to put not before literally discerned. And then you seemed to answer like I did. Is it possible it can get funnier?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Don't you have any fear of God? Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. The New Testament is about what is spiritual.
You are saying that there is a new covenant. If it is different then I am asking whether the old one was wrong.

sojourner

But if that is the case, how do we explain it? If it is a different God, it is answered on that level. But if it the same, then how?
God is too big to be defined. We can only see part of God, and then only through the lens of our own cultural expectations. We do not live in a culture where our safety, integrity, heritage is only preserved by killing our enemies. So we don't really need a God who commands us to commit genocide. In ancient Palestine, they probably did need a God like that, just for survival.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
For those who think they don't ignore scripture and keep God's commandments and teachings, what of John 20 where Yahshuah is called God and what of Hebrews 1 that calls him God, both ho theos.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
So who did? You think that the house is divided ? Did you not know that there is only One lord (Eph)? So why would S-atan fool the Church and yet still have them believing? Why not go the whole hog and just make the atheists?

The Bible says that false teachings come from demons.

It is Satan's will to cause confusion.