• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
I see God as One my friend. But I see many different realities in my 'wild and crazy ideas'. They are so wild that I think God can make more than one universe, can split his own consciousness into many forms, including us. So as there are different realities, then one can indeed have the Trinity, it would just depend on what you follow or perhaps better, are a part of.
All things are right and all things are wrong.
That is a horrific thing to say.

As for me, I only want God's Truth.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
God is too big to be defined. We can only see part of God, and then only through the lens of our own cultural expectations. We do not live in a culture where our safety, integrity, heritage is only preserved by killing our enemies. So we don't really need a God who commands us to commit genocide. In ancient Palestine, they probably did need a God like that, just for survival.
So you are saying that God was different then? If it is the same God, how is he good and evil at the same time?

Yes

I think you should explain this better. What does "against you" mean?
Why does that need to be explained? If someone is stealing from you, bearing false witness against you, murdering you---then they are not loving you.

Robert.Evans

That is a horrific thing to say.

As for me, I only want God's Truth.
What is horific about it? Psalms says that you should ''not limit God''. I am not. Are you? Explain. And what makes you think you are the only one that wants the truth? haha

Yes

So you are saying that God was different then? If it is the same God, how is he good and evil at the same time?
Do you do any studying of the Bible at all? It sounds as if you do not do much of that.

How do you call God evil?

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

The Bible says that false teachings come from demons.

It is Satan's will to cause confusion.
You are calling the Church false teaching then. The Church that has eventually provided the text that we now read, that believe in the lord resurrected as you do.

If you don't believe in the trinity, who is Jesus Christ?

Yes

You are calling the Church false teaching then. The Church that has eventually provided the text that we now read, that believe in the lord resurrected as you do.
The church is not a denomination which teaches falseness.

The church is the body of true worshipers.
If you don't believe in the trinity, who is Jesus Christ?
The trinity doctrine is a false teaching.

Robert.Evans

The church is not a denomination which teaches falseness.

The church is the body of true worshipers.

The trinity doctrine is a false teaching.
The trinity says that the Father son and Holy Spirit are called God. The NT says so also.

Now I ask you again, who is Jesus Christ then if he is not God.

The Church is the Church

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For those who think they don't ignore scripture and keep God's commandments and teachings, what of John 20 where Yahshuah is called God and what of Hebrews 1 that calls him God, both ho theos.
John 20:29
Might be a wrong translation. Picture it! Thomas won't believe until he sees it. The resurrected Jesus arrives and tells him to touch his wounds. Now imagine you are Thomas, now you have to stick your hands in The Lord's wounds. Thomas prayers out loud "my lord and my god". But it is possible someone added "and" there. WHO speaks the next words. Everyone say Jesus speaks them. But maybe it was Thomas who spoke them. In those seconds he realized his faith was weak and blessed those whose faith was not weak.

"My lord and my god because I have seen you I believe! but blessed are they (standing around) who believed without seeing."

What do we say when emotions overtake us? Even atheists say it. And when a believer recognizes he needs help what does he say? The only one who is able to make shame disappear it GOD. So he says "My GOD!"

Let's play it out shall we?

My lord (it's you!) My God (what was I thinking?) He was feeling shame needing to SEE him.

And I believe the only one who can make shame disappear is GOD. He was praying to God imo.

Robert.Evans

I answer all your questions to me, and even some questions you have not addressed to me.
You commented on this. But you did not answer. You have none?
''
So you are saying that God was different then? If it is the same God, how is he good and evil at the same time?''

Yes

You commented on this. But you did not answer. You have none?
''
So you are saying that God was different then? If it is the same God, how is he good and evil at the same time?''
How do you ever think that you can call God evil?

Yes

John 20:29
Might be a wrong translation. Picture it! Thomas won't believe until he sees it. The resurrected Jesus arrives and tells him to touch his wounds. Now imagine you are Thomas, now you have to stick your hands in The Lord's wounds. Thomas prayers out loud "my lord and my god". But it is possible someone added "and" there. WHO speaks the next words. Everyone say Jesus speaks them. But maybe it was Thomas who spoke them. In those seconds he realized his faith was weak and blessed those whose faith was not weak.

"My lord and my god because I have seen you I believe! but blessed are they (standing around) who believed without seeing."

What do we say when emotions overtake us? Even atheists say it. And when a believer recognizes he needs help what does he say? The only one who is able to make shame disappear it GOD. So he says "My GOD!"

Let's play it out shall we?

My lord (it's you!) My God (what was I thinking?) He was feeling shame needing to SEE him.

And I believe the only one who can make shame disappear is GOD. He was praying to God imo.
So then, are you going to rewrite the Bible? There are many scriptures that show us Jesus is God.