• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Where do you get such things?
If someone does something against you to cause you harm, then they do not love you.
Disobedience doesn't always cause harm. Nor is disobedience always against the person -- only the rule.

sojourner

The trinity doctrine is a false teaching.
The Doctrine of the Trinity was revealed to the body of true believers. Therefore, it is not false, unless you're willing to concede that Jesus is false.

sojourner

If savagewind answered the questions with scripture---then savagewind would see that God and Jesus are used INTERCHANGEABLY, because they ARE THE SAME.
The same, in that they are both God. But they are two distinct Persons.

sojourner

Maybe according to The Church they are, but sorry, I cannot see Jesus' spirit moving over the face of the water in the beginning. I cannot see Jesus ordering the execution of resisters and babies. If you can that is your problem. Please do not make your problem my problem.
Don't let him kid you. The Doctrine of the Trinity does not conflate the Persons. Jesus did not move over the face of the waters in creation.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Disobedience doesn't always cause harm. Nor is disobedience always against the person -- only the rule.
I am speaking about the Bible. You must still be thinking of something else.

If we disobey God, then it is against God.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
The same, in that they are both God. But they are two distinct Persons.
They are not different persons. If they are different persons, then the Bible contradicts itself. If they are different persons, then there are two DIFFERENT gods.

I believe the Bible and not you.

sojourner

God and Jesus are used interchangeably, because they are the same.

Who is the First and the Last, God or Jesus?

Is God our Savior, or is Jesus our Savior?

Who is our Redeemer, God or Jesus?

Who is the Shepherd, God or Jesus?

Who is our Husband, God or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, God or Jesus?

Whose commands are they, God's, or Jesus'?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, God, or Jesus?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, God, or Jesus?

Who gives life, God, Jesus, or the Spirit?
You're asking false questions. It's not "God or Jesus," it's "the Father or Jesus." This is where you're woefully, woefully confused. "God" is not a Person of the Trinity. "The Father" is a Person of the Trinity. The Father and the Son are not interchangeable, although they are both God.