• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

outhouse

Atheistically
Last chance, stop calling me a bully or I am reporting you.

Maybe I can help here. Bud, your pretty abrasive here with just about anyone you have debated with.

It may help if you pretend the person you are debating with is a good friend sitting right across from you, face to face.

Many of us have passion about what we believe and know, but this is a community to share and debate like family more so then a free for all. It is part of the mission statement here.

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

while engaging in fellowship with one another. is the key phrase.

You know how I know this? Because I have been guilty of this for years here, and I'm still working on it.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Thank you.
You are welcome.
Seriously, look at all the information I am giving.
After Jesus saved me, I would look on the Internet sites where people asked questions and spoke about Jesus. I thought, wow, I am going to help these people. I thought I would help others to know Jesus better. Instead of having love and thanks from others, I have called the most foul things. I have been banned from many sites, and wrongly judged.

Yes

Maybe I can help here. Bud, your pretty abrasive here with just about anyone you have debated with.

It may help if you pretend the person you are debating with is a good friend sitting right across from you, face to face.

Many of us have passion about what we believe and know, but this is a community to share and debate like family more so then a free for all. It is part of the mission statement here.

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

while engaging in fellowship with one another. is the key phrase.

You know how I know this? Because I have been guilty of this for years here, and I'm still working on it.
You just do not like being corrected.

Stop judging me, you are not supposed to do that. I am doing nothing wrong.

Yes

Jesus didn't "resurrect himself." That's patently biblical.

God's Word rebukes you:

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are welcome.
Seriously, look at all the information I am giving.
After Jesus saved me, I would look on the Internet sites where people asked questions and spoke about Jesus. I thought, wow, I am going to help these people. I thought I would help others to know Jesus better. Instead of having love and thanks from others, I have called the most foul things. I have been banned from many sites, and wrongly judged.
Me too. I understand.
I think it is OK to view Jesus God or to view Jesus son of God as each is biblical I believe. In other words if you believe Jesus is God that is right for you. If I don't believe Jesus is God that is right for me. The Bible it seems indicates both are correct views.

Yes

No, it's one God in three distinct Persons.
There is NOTHING distinct about Jesus and God the Father and the Holy Spirit.

God the Father is Spirit, and God the Father came in the flesh as a Son of Man.

Yes

Me too. I understand.
I think it is OK to view Jesus God or to view Jesus son of God as each is biblical I believe. In other words if you believe Jesus is God that is right for you. If I don't believe Jesus is God that is right for me. The Bible it seems indicates both are correct views.
I am so glad that we can get along and discuss together. It is a lot more than many of the same family and friends do.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Flesh is unclean and God is HOLY. God as man is an abomination because Holy and unclean isn't Holy.

Jesus was a man of flesh. To make him into God is to ignore that he suffered as a man.

moorea944

Yes there is, we've all ready told you that.
The Holy Spirit is not a person, it is God's power.
Jesus was a man, the son of God
Only God has always had immortality. Angels and Jesus was "given" immortality.

Yes

Flesh is unclean and God is HOLY. God as man is an abomination because Holy and unclean isn't Holy.
The scriptures say Jesus came in the likeness of unclean flesh, yet was sinless.

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus as God is a man alone. Jesus as son of God is a precious and everlasting communion between TWO but just one God because Jesus did not live for himself but lived to show us God's righteousness.

Yes

Yes there is, we've all ready told you that.
The Holy Spirit is not a person, it is God's power.
Jesus was a man, the son of God
Only God has always had immortality. Angels and Jesus was "given" immortality.
I have already told you, but I love telling you again.

The Bible says Jesus is the Spirit. The Bible says everything was made through Jesus---everything was made through God.

Are you saying the Bible is mistaken?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The scriptures say Jesus came in the likeness of unclean flesh, yet was sinless.

Philippians 2:7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
I am careful that I should never put the written word above the life giving spirit. Spirit first. Direction second.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have already told you, but I love telling you again.

The Bible says Jesus is the Spirit. The Bible says everything was made through Jesus---everything was made through God.

Are you saying the Bible is mistaken?
God made everything through and for God's son. Are you confusing through and by?