• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

moorea944

Instead of just making rude comments, how about answer the question. What do you have to say about this:

The Bible says Jesus is the Spirit. The Bible says everything was made through Jesus---everything was made through God.
Everything was made by God, but with Jesus in mind.

[The Bible says Jesus is the Spirit]
What do you mean by "the" Spirit....

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God's Word rebukes you:

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."
God's Word rebukes you:

Hebrews 13:20a "The God of peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ..."

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
You mean, other than that Jesus was flesh and bone and God is Spirit?
Jesus came in the flesh. That is, God came in the flesh. Jesus was flesh and bone, and God is Spirit---And the Spirit of Jesus is the Spirit of God. That is what the scriptures say.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
God's Word rebukes you:

Hebrews 13:20a "The God of peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ..."
God does not rebuke me.

God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
You say I "rewrite scripture" but I don't. I believe scripture to be true as written but it has undergone many things. I say "maybe it means something different" and everyone responds "impossible!". So it proves to me some minds cannot change. BUT I believe when The Lord makes his glorious return it is minds he will change. If you can't change your mind now about little things how will you change it for salvation when he comes?
So you are saying that the bible is translated wrong? Is that not a wild idea? haha :p

Robert.Evans

No, not all are saved
  1. 1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we ...
    biblehub.com/1_timothy/4-10.htm

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men[anthropos], specially of those that believe.
''anthropos'' means mankind. Women are saved also.

also

1. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father ...
    biblehub.com/1_john/4-14.htm

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. New Living Translation Furthermore, we have seen with our own ...
The Father sent the son to be the saviour of the world. So how can they not be saved?

Robert.Evans

You call it simple, but even the trinity doctrine says what they claim is unexplainable. lol

You make a three-headed god, and that is from the pagans.
The fact that other people has similar ideas gives more credence to not less that the Trinity is right. The logos of God works in a fractal way, thus we should expect to see the same or similar things all over. It works through everything. Nothing is a one off event, including creation.

Robert.Evans

Of course humans cannot resurrect themselves. Jesus resurrected himself because he is God.
If he was God THEN, then the sacrifice is nothing and scripture is flawed. He emptied himself remember. What, we might ask, did he empty himself of?!