• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say your name was spelled wrong. I did not criticize you. You criticized me when YOU called me a bully. I should have reported you. Instead, I noticed that Jesus is right, for those who misjudge you are guilty of what they misjudged you as being.

Don't turn this thread into a personal message board of what you think of me.
I think you take it too personally :)

Robert.Evans

Maybe I can help here. Bud, your pretty abrasive here with just about anyone you have debated with.

It may help if you pretend the person you are debating with is a good friend sitting right across from you, face to face.
I was about to comment when I saw the ending......
You know how I know this? Because I have been guilty of this for years here, and I'm still working on it.
....you have perhaps redeemed yourself. Now be nice remember, I am your bestest friend in the whole wide world salad :p haha

Robert.Evans

Me too. I understand.
I think it is OK to view Jesus God or to view Jesus son of God as each is biblical I believe. In other words if you believe Jesus is God that is right for you. If I don't believe Jesus is God that is right for me. The Bible it seems indicates both are correct views.
Wow! :p
What is this open mind I see. haha
How could it be though that there is more than one truth? Who have you been listening to? Next you will tell me there are more than one universe.

Robert.Evans

Says you. I don't need him at all, he has zero importance in my life.

I do love to study the Galilean man though, and how people created mythology surrounding his life, by people who never knew him or heard a word he said.
That is such an insult. I see now why some Muslims do what they do.

Robert.Evans

How about we get back to what is said and then answer or ingore it?

God is the Father

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Jesus is God

Joh 20:28 Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

Holy Spirit is God

Act 5:3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land?
Act 5:4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."

Now, are we saying that those verses are wrong or not? There are others, but they will do I think. Either you accept what is written or you don't. If you don't does that mean you ignore his word. How do you answer. Anyone?

Robert.Evans

@Yes
Do you want to say who you think God is? It appears to be the son and the Father but not the Spirit who you say is the lord. So you have a two headed God, is that it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
  1. 1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we ...
    biblehub.com/1_timothy/4-10.htm

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men[anthropos], specially of those that believe.
''anthropos'' means mankind. Women are saved also.

also

1. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father ...
    biblehub.com/1_john/4-14.htm

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. New Living Translation Furthermore, we have seen with our own ...
The Father sent the son to be the saviour of the world. So how can they not be saved?
A person must accept it. What is baptism for but an outward sign of acceptance?

moorea944

If Jesus is God, then he has to be the Father.
First of all , that doesnt even make sense. Your forcing Jesus into a "God" scenario because you've been told that in church. There is only one God and Father of all. And who is that? Yahweh.

If Jesus is God he has to be the Father? Is that something that you really want to believe in? Think about. God is One and there are no other Gods beside Him. Why are you saying that is wrong?

Robert.Evans

I take away God's power to make everyone bow to him? You got that right. Why would I be in a body (the body of Christ) with people who don't want to be there too? I wouldn't.
It is more complicated than that.

Answer the part that says all three are God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Post #648 madam :)
I already talked about what Thomas said. God lived through Jesus so it is OK to see Jesus and say God! God IS The Holy Spirit so seeing Jesus as God is seeing Jesus as The Holy Spirit also. People will say the holy spirit is not a person because a person can be anointed by it. But God is Spirit and spirit is not physical so Spirit can do things we can never imagine.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
@Yes
Do you want to say who you think God is? It appears to be the son and the Father but not the Spirit who you say is the lord. So you have a two headed God, is that it?
The Father is invisible and lives in unapproachable light. The Son is the Father with a body and a voice for us to hear God's Word. The Spirit is God the Father and the Son. That is three and the three are one and the same.

The trinity doctrine makes a three-headed god because they say the Father is a Person and the Son is a different Person and the Holy Spirit is another Person, distinct, separate, and different.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
  1. 1 Timothy 4:10 That is why we labor and strive, because we ...
    biblehub.com/1_timothy/4-10.htm

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men[anthropos], specially of those that believe.
''anthropos'' means mankind. Women are saved also.

also

1. 1 John 4:14 And we have seen and testify that the Father ...
    biblehub.com/1_john/4-14.htm

And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. New Living Translation Furthermore, we have seen with our own ...
The Father sent the son to be the saviour of the world. So how can they not be saved?
Those scriptures mean all have a chance to be saved.
We have to have faith with obedience to be saved that living faith is how we have access to salvation.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.