• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure, which you read through the Text, written by those who were also close to him and understood. So you CANNOT ignore the Text.
OK mista make it black or white if you want to but what good is it? The text leads us to The Son who in turn leads us to The Truth which dwells only with The Father. The text does not lead us to The Father.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
He has been told that.

I had stated it is insulting a deity to claim one made so many mistakes, just as if mortal humans wrote the book.

He is self proclaimed a teacher, yet has no credible education to back any of his claims he argues, with theist and non theist about..
You keep giving only worthless opinions without any knowledge about a Book that SAYS to understand the Book you must obey.

Yes

OK mista make it black or white if you want to but what good is it? The text leads us to The Son who in turn leads us to The Truth which dwells only with The Father. The text does not lead us to The Father.
You would know nothing about God's Truth if it were not for the written Word.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.

1. Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised ... - Bible Hub
  2. biblehub.com/romans/8-11.htm

New International Version And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your ...

1. Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead, - Bible Hub
    biblehub.com/acts/13-30.htm

But God raised him from the dead. Though his life was taken away by man, and it was a clear case that he was certainly dead, and he was taken down from the ...
The spirit raises him yet God raises him in Acts. So how is the spirit not God?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You would know nothing about God's Truth if it were not for the written Word.
Then let me ask you this. The people who wrote it didn't have it so HOW did they know it? Do you understand the question?

In other words the people who wrote God's truth, where did they get it?

Robert.Evans

That word does NOT always mean evil.
Out of 624 verses in the Authorized version only 208 verses don't say evil. The others are always to do with wickedness, bad, ill, etc. What don't you understand about that?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
When a believer says Jesus is God, what does it mean? Please do not repeat the scriptural evidence that proclaims it. If my salvation is dependent on believing it, I must know what it means. Who is the Jesus who is The God?

I think I want to add that for now, according to my own understanding, the man Yehoshua is god enough for me but I do not know how to understand he is The Father. How can I know he is the son and The Father? No scripture please.

Late to the party, sorry. But without scripture, what "evidence" exists to solve your issue. Should I type stuff like:

JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD!

and then others can thwart my evidence by adding:

JESUS IS NOT GOD! JESUS IS NOT GOD! JESUS IS NOT GOD!

Having the Bible to understand God, Father, Son and Spirit is like having the name of Jesus in prayer. When I meet spiritual people who say they have a relationship with God without Jesus, I ask who they pray to and they say, "God." I say, "God is a dictionary definition of some deity. How do you have a relationship with someone without knowing their name?"

Robert.Evans

Then let me ask you this. The people who wrote it didn't have it so HOW did they know it? Do you understand the question?

In other words the people who wrote God's truth, where did they get it?
haha... good point. How can a preacher preach unless a preacher is sent, and how can one hear unless the preacher preach. Thing is though, it does not mean we ignore what is written just becasue we don't agree with it. We look as to why it is we don't understand it, much like @Yes does not seem to understand that ra'rah is always connected with evil.

Robert.Evans

@Yes
What about what @viole said

"The son cannot be the father because, allegedly, only the father knows when the son will return. How can the same being be knowing and not knowing something?"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Late to the party, sorry. But without scripture, what "evidence" exists to solve your issue.
Reason. People believe Jesus is God from what they have read. Other people believe Jesus is not God from what they have read from the same book.

I
believe Y'shua Ha'Mashiach is not God because I am not able to reason a person can be human and God together. That is me explaining it without scripture. I understand God's son is our view of The Holy God and I trust God's son can be in the likeness of God but not BE God. If he is God he is not man. He is man reflecting the likeness of God. I won't argue the trinity because looking at him is also knowing The Father and the Holy Spirit. But he isn't The Father and The Holy Spirit. Actually I am with the class who assumes God IS The Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Yes

The son cannot be the father because, allegedely, only the father knows when the son will return.

That is what Jesus said when he was a Man. God did not pretend to be a Man He really came as a Man.

How can the same being be knowing and not knowing something?

And yes. The Bible has too many errors. Whoever wrote it, did not pay a lot of attention towards logical consistency, I am afraid.

Ciao

- viole
The Bible does not have errors.

Yes

@Yes
What about what @viole said

"The son cannot be the father because, allegedly, only the father knows when the son will return. How can the same being be knowing and not knowing something?"
That is what Jesus said when he was a Man. God did not pretend to be a Man He really came as a Man.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The scriptures say Jesus is the Father.

Jesus is the Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Read these next two scriptures, they tell us that Jesus is the Rock, and the Rock Fathered us.

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Nothing exegetically significant or even viable here. Sorry -- it's a fail.

Yes

1. Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised ... - Bible Hub
  2. biblehub.com/romans/8-11.htm

New International Version And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your ...
Do you believe you have the Holy Spirit living inside you? Please answer yes or no.
  1. Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead, - Bible Hub
    biblehub.com/acts/13-30.htm

But God raised him from the dead. Though his life was taken away by man, and it was a clear case that he was certainly dead, and he was taken down from the ...
The spirit raises him yet God raises him in Acts. So how is the spirit not God?
The Spirit is God. Jesus is the Spirit.

Tell me, why do you ignore the scriptures that say Jesus raised himself?[/QUOTE]

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

The Bible does not have errors.

He came as a man. Can you tell us what godly faculties he lost in the process?

I presume that Jesus always existed, not always as a man, and knew things, as it is to be expected by being the same spirit of an omniscient being, or whatever.

Does the process of gods turning into men cause amnesia or some loss of omniscience?

Ciao

- viole

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Late to the party, sorry. But without scripture, what "evidence" exists to solve your issue. Should I type stuff like:

JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD! JESUS IS GOD!

and then others can thwart my evidence by adding:

JESUS IS NOT GOD! JESUS IS NOT GOD! JESUS IS NOT GOD!

Having the Bible to understand God, Father, Son and Spirit is like having the name of Jesus in prayer. When I meet spiritual people who say they have a relationship with God without Jesus, I ask who they pray to and they say, "God." I say, "God is a dictionary definition of some deity. How do you have a relationship with someone without knowing their name?"
Knowledge of God does not depend wholly on the bible.

Robert.Evans

He has been told that.

I had stated it is insulting a deity to claim one made so many mistakes, just as if mortal humans wrote the book.

He is self proclaimed a teacher, yet has no credible education to back any of his claims he argues, with theist and non theist about..

Do you call the truth, "ignorance and shame" often?
Do you understand how vulgar your comments our to a believer? I guess not. You might as well slight my own mother and father and be done with. I would have thought considering what has happened in France, there might be a bit more respect.
And I might add, you are wrong. Your mistake is to think that just because you don't know, know one else does. Error, big time.