• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
How about we get back to what is said and then answer or ingore it?

God is the Father

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Jesus is God

Joh 20:28 Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

Holy Spirit is God

Act 5:3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land?
Act 5:4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."

Now, are we saying that those verses are wrong or not? There are others, but they will do I think. Either you accept what is written or you don't. If you don't does that mean you ignore his word. How do you answer. Anyone?
Your lack of understanding does not mine make.

God the Father is invisible Jesus is God the Father made visible with a body.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I already talked about what Thomas said. God lived through Jesus so it is OK to see Jesus and say God!
I can agree with you, but it is also ignoring the Text isen't it. He was called God so he is! You don't think though that the Text is inherently the word of God do you, and that means many things can slip by.

Yes

First of all , that doesnt even make sense. Your forcing Jesus into a "God" scenario because you've been told that in church. There is only one God and Father of all. And who is that? Yahweh.

If Jesus is God he has to be the Father? Is that something that you really want to believe in? Think about. God is One and there are no other Gods beside Him. Why are you saying that is wrong?
I am not saying that is wrong, you are saying that. You are saying there is someone besides God, when the scripture says there is no one. Since there is no one beside God, Jesus must be God. They are one and the same.

The Bible says there is only ONE GOD and that He is the Father.

Robert.Evans

The Father is invisible and lives in unapproachable light. The Son is the Father with a body and a voice for us to hear God's Word. The Spirit is God the Father and the Son. That is three and the three are one and the same.

The trinity doctrine makes a three-headed god because they say the Father is a Person and the Son is a different Person and the Holy Spirit is another Person, distinct, separate, and different.
So you are saying the son and Father are the same person? They are different.
The son is the Father of the Father, who then reflects his own Self to produce many and all. Now you have to determine who the son is.

Those scriptures mean all have a chance to be saved.
We have to have faith with obedience to be saved that living faith is how we have access to salvation.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
That is not what it says.

Your lack of understanding does not mine make.

God the Father is invisible Jesus is God the Father made visible with a body.
The son is not the Father (even though they are one) that is why he is called the son

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can agree with you, but it is also ignoring the Text isen't it. He was called God so he is! You don't think though that the Text is inherently the word of God do you, and that means many things can slip by.
No text isn't the last word. The Son is a person, not paper with words on it, and is the last word.

Yes

So you are saying the son and Father are the same person? They are different.
The son is the Father of the Father, who then reflects his own Self to produce many and all. Now you have to determine who the son is.
The Son is God made visible. The Son is God the Father with a body. The Son came in the flesh with the Spirit of God and a body. The scriptures says there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT.

That is not what it says.

The son is not the Father (even though they are one) that is why he is called the son
If the Son is not the Father, then the Son is not God, then the Bible has many errors.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Jesus came in the flesh. That is, God came in the flesh. Jesus was flesh and bone, and God is Spirit---And the Spirit of Jesus is the Spirit of God. That is what the scriptures say.
What the scriptures don't say is that "the Son is the Father."

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God does not rebuke me.

God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.

Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
Well, then, I guess I'm just as "rebuked" as you are. You see, the blame game works both ways.

Robert.Evans

No text isn't the last word. The Son is a person, not paper with words on it, and is the last word.
Sure, which you read through the Text, written by those who were also close to him and understood. So you CANNOT ignore the Text.

Robert.Evans

The Son is God made visible. The Son is God the Father with a body. The Son came in the flesh with the Spirit of God and a body. The scriptures says there is ONLY ONE SPIRIT.

If the Son is not the Father, then the Son is not God, then the Bible has many errors.
It is written that ''I and the Father are one'', for it to say that, ''I and the Father'' it implies there are two, otherwise it would say, ''I am the Father''.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

The son cannot be the father because, allegedely, only the father knows when the son will return. How can the same being be knowing and not knowing something?

And yes. The Bible has too many errors. Whoever wrote it, did not pay a lot of attention towards logical consistency, I am afraid.

Ciao

- viole

Robert.Evans

@Yes
rarah always is evil or similar.
You said it was not. It is. How do you explain that with your God?

Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Robert.Evans

The son cannot be the father because, allegedely, only the father knows when the son will return. How can the same being be knowing and not knowing something?

And yes. The Bible has too many errors. Whoever wrote it, did not pay a lot of attention towards logical consistency, I am afraid.

Ciao

- viole
I so wanted to 'like' that post, then you ruined it in the end because of ignorance, shame :p

Yes

What the scriptures don't say is that "the Son is the Father."
The scriptures say Jesus is the Father.

Jesus is the Father.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

Did you read that scripture? Who but a Father will not leave children as orphans?

Read these next two scriptures, they tell us that Jesus is the Rock, and the Rock Fathered us.

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth. 1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Jesus says those who overcome will be his CHILDREN.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus says when you SEE him, you have SEEN the Father.

See John 14:7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." John 14:9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

outhouse

Atheistically
The Bible has too many errors. Whoever wrote it, did not pay a lot of attention towards logical consistency, I am afraid.

He has been told that.

I had stated it is insulting a deity to claim one made so many mistakes, just as if mortal humans wrote the book.

He is self proclaimed a teacher, yet has no credible education to back any of his claims he argues, with theist and non theist about..