• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is it true "Jesus is God"?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
They are not different persons. If they are different persons, then the Bible contradicts itself.

I believe the Bible and not you.
The bible is very clear about the difference between the Father and the Son. It does not draw a distinction between God and Jesus, because Jesus is God. But Jesus is not the Father, nor is the Father Jesus. The Father is also God, as Jesus is God. I'm afraid it's you who are confused and contradictory, because you're conflating "God" with "the Father."

sojourner

I'd like to believe that every living things will be made anew in Christ. When that happens salvation has come.
I like that except for the tense. I'd say that "every living thing is made anew in Christ. Salvation has come.

sojourner

They are not different persons. If they are different persons, then the Bible contradicts itself. If they are different persons, then there are two DIFFERENT gods.

I believe the Bible and not you.
No, there are three distinct Persons. Each person is fully the one God. God is fully available to us in three distinct Persons. But's all the same God. Person =/= God. Person is identity. God is substance. I fail to understand why you can't seem to cabbage onto this quite simple idea.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
You're asking false questions. It's not "God or Jesus," it's "the Father or Jesus." This is where you're woefully, woefully confused.
You are woefully confused for thinking I am confused

It makes no difference if I say God, or God the Father. There is only one God and He is the Father.

You make a three-headed god.
"God" is not a Person of the Trinity
lol

"The Father" is a Person of the Trinity.

The Father and the Son are not interchangeable, although they are both God.
The Father and the Son are interchangeable.

Tell me, who raised Jesus?

Tell me, who sends the Holy Spirit?

Yes

No, there are three distinct Persons. Each person is fully the one God. God is fully available to us in three distinct Persons. But's all the same God. Person =/= God. Person is identity. God is substance. I fail to understand why you can't seem to cabbage onto this quite simple idea.
You call it simple, but even the trinity doctrine says what they claim is unexplainable. lol

You make a three-headed god, and that is from the pagans.

sojourner

It makes no difference if I say God, or God the Father. There is only one God and He is the Father.
Yes. It does make a difference. That conflation of Person with substance is precisely what's causing the problem, because, while it's true that there is God the Father, it's also true that there is God the Son -- and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus is not the Father. I think that's pretty scripturally clear. That's the mistake you're making -- conflating the two.
. There is only one God and He is the Father.
God is also the Son.
God is also the Holy Spirit.
You make a three-headed god.
No, I make a God in three Persons.
So, God is a Person of the Trinity? So, we have God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? That's not a trinity. I suppose that might work if you say God-Father, God-Son, God-Holy Spirit. Then it's a Trinity.
The Father and the Son are interchangeable.
Only inasmuch as they are the same nature, while being distinct Persons.
Tell me, who raised Jesus?
The Father.
Tell me, who sends the Holy Spirit?
The Father and the Son.
But, in pursuing this logic, you're completely forgetting that Jesus, when he was crucified and resurrected, was also fully human. Human beings cannot resurrect themselves.

sojourner

No, not all are saved
Of course they are. Or else God is not love, and God's salvation is largely ineffective. both of which are in direct violation of biblical tenet. "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" -- all. Humanity is one humanity, and humanity is fully reconciled through the Incarnation.

Yes

Yes. It does make a difference. That conflation of Person with substance is precisely what's causing the problem, because, while it's true that there is God the Father, it's also true that there is God the Son -- and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus is not the Father. I think that's pretty scripturally clear. That's the mistake you're making -- conflating the two.

God is also the Son.
God is also the Holy Spirit.

No, I make a God in three Persons.

So, God is a Person of the Trinity? So, we have God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? That's not a trinity. I suppose that might work if you say God-Father, God-Son, God-Holy Spirit. Then it's a Trinity.

Only inasmuch as they are the same nature, while being distinct Persons.

The Father.

The Father and the Son.
But, in pursuing this logic, you're completely forgetting that Jesus, when he was crucified and resurrected, was also fully human. Human beings cannot resurrect themselves.

Of course humans cannot resurrect themselves. Jesus resurrected himself because he is God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My forum name actually describes me very well. Thank you for your criticism as I have discovered it was spelled wrong. Did you look it up? It's not about domination. But uh..........nevermind.

Yes

My forum name actually describes me very well. Thank you for your criticism as I have discovered it was spelled wrong. Did you look it up? It's not about domination. But uh..........nevermind.
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say your name was spelled wrong. I did not criticize you. You criticized me when YOU called me a bully. I should have reported you. Instead, I noticed that Jesus is right, for those who misjudge you are guilty of what they misjudged you as being.

Don't turn this thread into a personal message board of what you think of me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have no idea what you are talking about when you say your name was spelled wrong. I did not criticize you. You criticized me when YOU called me a bully. I should have reported you. Instead, I noticed that Jesus is right, for those who misjudge you are guilty of what they misjudged you as being.
Do you know what bullying is? READ THIS! again READ THIS ANSWER THIS! ANSWER IT!

Why not read what you post? And you have given NO credence to what anyone else has said. You're right and we had better believe you! What's it called if not bullying?

Yes

Do you know what bullying is? READ THIS! again READ THIS ANSWER THIS! ANSWER IT!

Why not read what you post? And you have given NO credence to what anyone else has said. You're right and we had better believe you! What's it called if not bullying?
Last chance, stop calling me a bully or I am reporting you.

Yes

Just listen to the condescending way you speak to me. What do you want me to look up. What do you mean by saying, "But uh...."?
Just report me and get it over with.
You sound as if you know nothing will come of it.
How about we get back into discussing the thread topic together?
I am speaking to you because of love.
I post a lot of beautiful truth that Jesus revealed to me, and rarely ever get anything from anyone for it. However, I live to please Jesus.