• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to stop all thoughts for good.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Willomina,

Your questions are those of an ardent seeker and so frubals and response; though they are put to friend ben who surely will be responding in is own way.

as far as i know, Eistein was not a secularist.
Is Om a concept also?

No, Om is not a concept. It is the universal sound that one can hear when one is tuned IN. It is said to be the sound from where forms appeared. Though personally do not hear it, but another sound which others too hear which are those of crickets and some rare times the sounds of bells [many] as in temples. Only when tuned IN.

I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details.
There is no God as such. It is only a concept to understand that energy which is eternal and free of thoughts; and as every form is part of that energy themselves but only separated by thoughts along with which the *I* or the knower itself drops; all that is needed to be one with the source is to still those thoughts.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
There is no before and after; as everything is part of IT.

Love & rgds

Willowmina

On a journey to the ocean
Friend Willomina,

Your questions are those of an ardent seeker and so frubals and response; though they are put to friend ben who surely will be responding in is own way.

I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details.
There is no God as such. It is only a concept to understand that energy which is eternal and free of thoughts; and as every form is part of that energy themselves but only separated by thoughts along with which the *I* or the knower itself drops; all that is needed to be one with the source is to still those thoughts.

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
There is no before and after; as everything is part of IT.

Friend Zenzero,
I must admit, those two statements are also Einstein's quotes...should have put quotation marks as I posted.
I believe what Einstein meant with the second one is that we are all equal in the 'eyes' of 'IT'...so there is no separation.
As for crickets and bells....solfeggio frequencies

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Willomina,

those two statements are also Einstein's quotes.

Does not matter where it came from as any query of any seeker needs to be addressed, understood and through discussions one'e mind is further stilled.
Yes, we all know that Einstein in his later life could understand that mind has limitation but there are no evidence or statements to indicate his having transcended that mind.

Love & rgds

Willowmina

Thanks for posting this thread. It is excellent. I guess when you are ready for a lesson the teacher is there!
Here is a link that has really been helping me out a lot I would like to share.You have to go to you tube to see the whole series.
[youtube]0HQbfhNL_vs[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B8362786555D3967&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=0HQbfhNL_vs

— Lester's six steps
1) Want freedom more than anything else.
2) Decide you can do the method and be free.
3) See all your feelings as expressions of three basic wants: the want of approval, control, and survival. Release the want of approval, the want of control, and lastly the fear of death.
4) Release continuously.
5) If you are stuck, let go of wanting to change the stuckness.
6) Release more and more and become happier and lighter, until you move beyond happiness into imperturbability and freedom.

A very wise man....the more we let go...and even more so on subconscious level....the more we have....more freedom, compassion, happiness, love...

An analogy: Check your junk drawer...the deeper you dig, the more junk you find...by experience...the more clutter inside...most likely, the more clutter outside :D

Last edited:

Walkntune

— Lester's six steps
1) Want freedom more than anything else.
2) Decide you can do the method and be free.
3) See all your feelings as expressions of three basic wants: the want of approval, control, and survival. Release the want of approval, the want of control, and lastly the fear of death.
4) Release continuously.
5) If you are stuck, let go of wanting to change the stuckness.
6) Release more and more and become happier and lighter, until you move beyond happiness into imperturbability and freedom.

A very wise man....the more we let go...and even more so on subconscious level....the more we have....more freedom, compassion, happiness, love...

An analogy: Check your junk drawer...the deeper you dig, the more junk you find...by experience...the more clutter inside...most likely, the more clutter outside :D
So have you worked with the Sedona Method for awhile?

Peacewise

watched the above youtube..

re Letting go of individuality. Revealed Truth in that tube - for instance it's known that married people are more likely to be happy and live longer and healthier lives, they live for each other, and thereby lose one sense of individuality.

Likewise it is known that a sense of community is one of the things that people need to be healthy, and that within aged care (for 1 example) those that have that sense of community are also happier and healthier.

Now to my thinking marriage and community are steps along the pathway of losing, or lessening individuality and this supports the youtubes dicussion.

Willowmina

So have you worked with the Sedona Method for awhile?
Actually, Walkntune, no I haven't, I've only done some reading on it, as with many other methods.

Likewise it is known that a sense of community is one of the things that people need to be healthy, and that within aged care (for 1 example) those that have that sense of community are also happier and healthier.
There's definitely a 'need' for belonging...we see that on all the social sites and forums...building communities. Only difference is, it tends to stay very impersonal on the internet.:D

Last edited:
I have found that a good way to stop thoughts is to realize that lack to duality between external dialogue and internal dialogue. In reality its just as easy to turn off your internal noise as it is your external noise.

You make it difficult.

Ravi500

Stopping thoughts seems to be hard, but it only seems to be like that. We just havent found the correct way to do it yet. Here is one way, that if really tried, will dissove the mind for good.

begin to look inward. dont try to stop any thoughts, just let them be. Now, just watch them, let them flow and have no identification with them. Do not be the thinker. Now, observe that which is observing. This is self-awareness. Be conscious of your consciousness. When this happens the, I am this, i am that, will dissapear leaving you will a feeling I AM. When consciousness is turned outward there is no feeling I AM so a false one is made. That is the ego. Because there is a false self we know that there must be a real self. Be aware of your awareness and the real self will emerge. I dont care what problems you have had with no-thoughts in the past, this will eliminate all trouble and leave you empty. THIS DOES WORK! just try it and use it for a week, the advancement will be amazing!

Dear Self,

Great points and superb thread indeed. :)

Frubals for you.

Ravi :)

Ravi500

yeh that worked, cheers. Gave it a go last night during a resting heart rate test, lol, just about fell asleep, but certainly had moments, and longer periods of mindful stillness? is that a correct description, of not thinking in words was very noticeable and that kinda felt like what I presume is not thinking.
Like concepts had disappeared and I was simply existing.

If concepts and thoughts had disappeared, and you were simply existing , then as per the zen master Alan Watts you finally had touch with reality and disconnection with the world of illusion. :)

A person who thinks all the time has nothing to think about except thoughts. So he loses touch with reality , and lives in a world of illusion. -- Alan Watts

Contemplative Cat

energy formation
The only way is to die while meditating
otherwise thosr brainwaves find a new body.

Someone could stop the wandering mind with discipline but a functioning brain will always produce notions and perception.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is the ego that wants to still the mind...a dog chasing its tail...duality in motion....when the mind is free from thought, only then will the ego cease to arise to want to still the mind or not still the mind. ;)

There is an old mystical saying that...God can only ever reveal God to God...beginning and end of story.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
No matter what happens, you won't be able to stop thoughts totally.

You will be able to slow them right down and maybe get them to 'stop' for a few minutes, but the system of the mind will do an auto re-boot.

It's like what happens when your PC freezes...and until you get the 'blue screen of death', it will just keep on re-booting.

The best you can hope for, is being able to control your thoughts and thinking thoughts when you want them to happen, not 'occurring by themselves'.

This also shuts down the 're-boot mechanism'.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
My question is, who is going to stop the thoughts ?.
Non-thought stops thought.

The last thought you actually think before stopping all thought is 'am I still thinking?'

During hard concentration on an internal/external object or sound, the conscious awareness is totally fixed on that, allowing whatever isn't fixed on that to roam free and be given expression.

So nobody/nothing really stops thoughts.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Non-thought stops thought.

The last thought you actually think before stopping all thought is 'am I still thinking?'

During hard concentration on an internal/external object or sound, the conscious awareness is totally fixed on that, allowing whatever isn't fixed on that to roam free and be given expression.

So nobody/nothing really stops thoughts.

I see, myself I see thoughts as being nothing but echo's of the mind, when one truly realizes this the echo will slowly fade, well that is how it works for me, I just don't own it.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Yeah, stopping thought is a rather painful process for me and one I can't endure for any longer than a minute or so.

During trataka and internal focus on Ajna Chakra, the pain and pressure between my eyes just gets so intense, that this is all I am aware of and I can feel. My whole concentration becomes fixed on the pain.

Then, I am able to briefly experience 'the void', until I cannot take the pain any longer.

Virus

Stopping thoughts seems to be hard, but it only seems to be like that. We just havent found the correct way to do it yet. Here is one way, that if really tried, will dissove the mind for good.

begin to look inward. dont try to stop any thoughts, just let them be. Now, just watch them, let them flow and have no identification with them. Do not be the thinker. Now, observe that which is observing. This is self-awareness. Be conscious of your consciousness. When this happens the, I am this, i am that, will dissapear leaving you will a feeling I AM. When consciousness is turned outward there is no feeling I AM so a false one is made. That is the ego. Because there is a false self we know that there must be a real self. Be aware of your awareness and the real self will emerge. I dont care what problems you have had with no-thoughts in the past, this will eliminate all trouble and leave you empty. THIS DOES WORK! just try it and use it for a week, the advancement will be amazing!

is that how it's done? I thought it was a 9mm