• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans are not alive and don't feel anything .

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I am not incorrect , the final destination of all light formed within a universe is the edge of the universe . This is very simple science , planetary matter can't conserve light for a lengthy period , that is why your hot drink goes cold .
You were incorrect when you claimed "Light will never travel towards an hot place , it always travels in the direction of cold places"

That was incorrect, my friend knows his onions

Your so-called theory depends on something that is incorrect

It's all rubbish that you haven't really thought about and are just making up as you go along

I could have spent all the time I spent talking to you reading a book or watching a good film I'd have probably got more out of those things......

jes-us

You were incorrect when you claimed "Light will never travel towards an hot place , it always travels in the direction of cold places"

That was incorrect, my friend knows his onions

Your so-called theory depends on something that is incorrect

It's all rubbish that you haven't really thought about and are just making up as you go along

I could have spent all the time I spent talking to you reading a book or watching a good film I'd have probably got more out of those things......
My sentence arrangement was incorrect not the physics I meant to explain .

I should of wrote , light will penultimately always travel to a position of rest at the edge of the universe .

Or in regards to humans , our souls will penultimately always travel to a position of rest at the edge of the universe

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
My sentence arrangement was incorrect not the physics I meant to explain .

I should of wrote , light will penultimately always travel to a position of rest at the edge of the universe .

Or in regards to humans , our souls will penultimately always travel to a position of rest at the edge of the universe
You don't get out of it that easily, you have now resorted to dishonesty, that sentence is totally different from what you wrote

I don't believe you

And you said souls go to Heaven, if I remember correctly

So do they go to Heaven or the edge of the universe??????

Or just to wherever your nonsense dictates?

jes-us

So do they go to Heaven or the edge of the universe??????

Or just to wherever your nonsense dictates?
The edge of the universe is heaven essentially , where souls and light rests to expand the Universe . One day our known Universe may converge with another universe that is expanding too , because we have no reason or need to consider any different sort of process in regards to the nature of light in another universe . The light would be outward bound too .

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
The edge of the universe is heaven essentially , where souls and light rests to expand the Universe . One day our known Universe may converge with another universe that is expanding too , because we have no reason or need to consider any different sort of process in regards to the nature of light in another universe . The light would be outward bound too .
You have claimed that souls and light expand the universe whilst resting

That the expansion of the universe is driven by resting souls and light at its periphery

And how does light rest?????

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me I'm not even going to bother my friend with this as I'm pretty certain this is untrue

I'm done with this thread, I've had enough

You have literally nothing of value to contribute and you tell lies

I've been patient and given you lots of opportunities in which to explain yourself but all you have supplied is nonsense

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
What is a human ? A human is a formed set of defining words that are hosted by a sentient being . When an infant is born , that infant isn't a human , it is instead an animal that has no formed humanity . Humans are formed within the host and are not subject to any feelings but can experience feelings via the mind and body experience . In example let us consider a new born baby boy , at this stage the boy is without an identity or humanity . Now let us call this boy Jesus , Jesus is a word and the beginning of the formation of Jesus within the sentient host .

Now let us consider that Jesus in the future gains many words , ''I am Jesus and I am formed from words '' .

Now let us consider taking away all the words Jesus knows , including his own name . Jesus would exist no more , there would just be left the body , the work of God .
It is interesting that you mention identity, but only in relation to random “first names” (Jesus, David, etc) and not in relation to a more general concept of being “human”.

One’s identity is plural and fluid; it consists of all the stories that one currently tells oneself -both about what one considers is and is not- about oneself.

When you tell yourself that “being human” means X and that you are not X, it is useful to note that you are choosing to see it in this manner and to remember that the perspectives you choose, have great impact on your experience of being.

Humbly,
Hermit

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Survival instinct .

Mongooses don't have a formed humanity and don't understand morals , therefore have no morals . Yes I have seen animals save other animals before , that is more a survival instinct than morals .
Morals are a human thing , a set of defining rules that are the difference between good and bad .
For example some countries morals are to execute a prisoner where other countries would just put them in jail .
Some countries morals are so strict , they fight over them with other countries because they think they are morally correct .
I see it as evolving ever closer to sapience.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Pull the wool from over your eyes said he as he shun the light of God onto this forum .
This is the source of the rest of your thesis. Too much religion isn't good for anybody. It's given you permission to view humanity as immaterial and improvise. Your thinking isn't tethered to reality or evidence, something else that religion promotes.
this isn't a science section so I was avoiding talking in a scientific manner .
The thread is called humans-are-not-alive-and-dont-feel-anything. That's a falsifiable (and false) claim of fact regarding biology.
There has been no solid argument against what I am saying
Sure there has. I doubt anybody expects you to seriously consider anybody else's opinion.
If you destroyed all humans you would have only destroyed the words , not the bodies . If you destroyed all the words , the bodies can survive without words , therefore proving humanity is independent of the body and the body does not require humanity . If humanity was not independent of the body , then removing the words would affect the body , but it doesn't .
Here, you seem to equate humanity with language. And this is more religion-inspired thinking akin to soul theology and disembodied mind. Elsewhere, you wrote, "Humanity is a formation of brain waves , words that exist . Without these words that are a set of defining instructions , we are just '''cats." Also, "I mentioned a Cat and a Katze earlier in this thread . This type of human variance is why God is explained in different ways , because the formation of humanity in the respected country is a variate" and "humanity isn't biological , it is a set of defining instructions and information."

Elsewhere, you seem to define humanity otherwise: "Back in the past before humanity was formed we were just Gods creatures and did not have morals" and "the formation of humanity is energy based (light)"
A serious thread like this and you accuse me of playing games ?
You may be serious, but your claims aren't being taken seriously. You make no arguments, just unsupported claims about what human beings and humanity are, claims that fly in the face of knowledge.
Quite clearly your existence (brain function) thinks this whole forum resolves around you and your invalid opinion .
You show zero insight with that comment. I could have written those words about you. Only your ideas matter to you. What I did write is consistent with that - your opinions don't resonate with anybody and you object to dissent, calling it playing games and trolling. Others have already told you that they view you in similar terms.

jes-us

This is the source of the rest of your thesis. Too much religion isn't good for anybody. It's given you permission to view humanity as immaterial and improvise. Your thinking isn't tethered to reality or evidence, something else that religion promotes.

The thread is called humans-are-not-alive-and-dont-feel-anything. That's a falsifiable (and false) claim of fact regarding biology.

Sure there has. I doubt anybody expects you to seriously consider anybody else's opinion.

Here, you seem to equate humanity with language. And this is more religion-inspired thinking akin to soul theology and disembodied mind. Elsewhere, you wrote, "Humanity is a formation of brain waves , words that exist . Without these words that are a set of defining instructions , we are just '''cats." Also, "I mentioned a Cat and a Katze earlier in this thread . This type of human variance is why God is explained in different ways , because the formation of humanity in the respected country is a variate" and "humanity isn't biological , it is a set of defining instructions and information."

Elsewhere, you seem to define humanity otherwise: "Back in the past before humanity was formed we were just Gods creatures and did not have morals" and "the formation of humanity is energy based (light)"

You may be serious, but your claims aren't being taken seriously. You make no arguments, just unsupported claims about what human beings and humanity are, claims that fly in the face of knowledge.

You show zero insight with that comment. I could have written those words about you. Only your ideas matter to you. What I did write is consistent with that - your opinions don't resonate with anybody and you object to dissent, calling it playing games and trolling. Others have already told you that they view you in similar terms.
You are only saying I am incorrect because you do not contain the information required I am posting about . You are not willing or trying to understand new information . Similar to ignoring the teacher totally .

You a human being , exist within a sentient being .

Image a sea sponge under the sea , the sponge does know that the water it has absorbed is independent from the sponge .

Please don't reply with ''but the sponge doesn't know anything'' .

I have provided lots of logical evidence to support my posts .

jes-us

I see it as evolving ever closer to sapience.
I see it has chaos theory because all human beings formed within a sentient being are in a state of chaos and really confused . Human beings are formed with different variations and this is what the worlds problem is .

jes-us

It is interesting that you mention identity, but only in relation to random “first names” (Jesus, David, etc) and not in relation to a more general concept of being “human”.

One’s identity is plural and fluid; it consists of all the stories that one currently tells oneself -both about what one considers is and is not- about oneself.

When you tell yourself that “being human” means X and that you are not X, it is useful to note that you are choosing to see it in this manner and to remember that the perspectives you choose, have great impact on your experience of being.

Humbly,
Hermit
Being a human does mean x but on this planet all humans are A to Z ,a variate .

God made all ''human'' sentient bodies equal in that they all had no words , wouldn't sit there wondering what blah blah down the road has said etc.

Human beings forming within our sentient bodies is a mental health disaster that causes all sort of problems including wars etc .

So God asked me on Gods behalf to try and fix the human beings .

Gods tried before , thou shall not kill etc , but look how well that went .

Being human is a set of strict defining rules and none of us have correctly evolved into a human being .

jes-us

You have claimed that souls and light expand the universe whilst resting

That the expansion of the universe is driven by resting souls and light at its periphery

And how does light rest?????

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me I'm not even going to bother my friend with this as I'm pretty certain this is untrue

I'm done with this thread, I've had enough

You have literally nothing of value to contribute and you tell lies

I've been patient and given you lots of opportunities in which to explain yourself but all you have supplied is nonsense
In an absolute space a photon has no where to go because every part of the space is the same . If the photon moves from it's position to the next position , then its original position becomes empty so the photon cannot move in absolute space . The absolute space conserves the photon , fixing it in position . Once a photon is conserved by space , then that is no longer absolute space , it becomes a space-time manifold .

Between the Earth and the edge of the universe , every part of the space is occupied by photons . If this were not so , then you the human being within the sentient being (light) could not travel through the space to ''heaven'' .

I have explained what humans are , you are welcome to deny the truth , that is because you haven't fully become a human sentient yet .

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
In an absolute space a photon has no where to go because every part of the space is the same . If the photon moves from it's position to the next position , then its original position becomes empty so the photon cannot move in absolute space . The absolute space conserves the photon , fixing it in position . Once a photon is conserved by space , then that is no longer absolute space , it becomes a space-time manifold .

Between the Earth and the edge of the universe , every part of the space is occupied by photons . If this were not so , then you the human being within the sentient being (light) could not travel through the space to ''heaven'' .
Bla bla bla bla bla......

Irrelevant to the issue of "humans are not alive and don't feel anything"

Which is just as stupid as the idea that the expansion of the universe is driven by light and souls that are resting at its periphery, which is something you actually said

You said this, you cannot deny this and you cannot deny that it is wrong

Where do you get this stuff from? Does it drop out of your arsehole? Sure seems that way, considering it's all crap...
I have explained what humans are , you are welcome to deny the truth , that is because you haven't fully become a human sentient yet .
You have explained nothing it is all obviously wrong and doesn't even make sense, it defies what everyone already knows

Is what you have said stupid or ignorant? I think both.

And how dare you accuse me of being less than sentient

You speak of truth......

It is evident that you hold the truth in total contempt, that it does not matter to you

You are not interested in the truth

That is very apparent

jes-us

Which is just as stupid as the idea that the expansion of the universe is driven by light and souls that are resting at its periphery, which is something you actually said

Where do you get this stuff from? Does it drop out of your arsehole? Sure seems that way, considering it's all crap...

You have explained nothing it is all obviously wrong and doesn't even make sense, it defies what everyone already knows

You speak of truth......

It is evident that you hold the truth in total contempt, that it does not matter to you

That is very apparent
I am telling the truth , nothing but the truth so help me God , which God does .

You are not interested in the truth , you just can't understand the truth because you are not human yet .

You are still in a state of evolution like the rest of us , ''human beings'' haven't turned into ''butterflies'' yet .

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are only saying I am incorrect because you do not contain the information required I am posting about
What information? You've simply redefined humanity. As I suggested, I see Abrahamic monotheism in your purpose. Your definition seems to derive from what you imagine a human soul to be. I'm an atheistic humanist, and have a more holistic definition of man, which includes the body and the parts of the mind you probably don't expect to follow you to heaven and therefore aren't human to you. We have much in common with the beasts.

Elsewhere, you wrote, "Human beings are formed with different variations and this is what the worlds problem is ." No, our problems derive from the superposition of intellect onto the survival impulses we inherited from our prehuman ancestors. If we could inject intellect - explicit reasoning using conventional symbols (words) - into chimps, we would expect them to destroy themselves eventually if left to their own devices. Apparently, that is human nature as well - toxic mixture of instinct, emotion, and intellect. It's the part you call human that, when added to the reptilian mind, spells disaster.

Have you ever heard Dylan's License To Kill? Here are the verses with the choruses and bridge removed. Consider them in the light of what you just read (this is why Dylan won a Nobel Prize in Literature):

Man thinks ’cause he rules the earth he can do with it as he please
And if things don’t change soon, he will
Oh, man has invented his doom
First step was touching the moon

Now, they take him and they teach him and they groom him for life
And they set him on a path where he’s bound to get ill
Then they bury him with stars
Sell his body like they do used cars

Now, he’s hell-bent for destruction, he’s afraid and confused
And his brain has been mismanaged with great skill
All he believes are his eyes
And his eyes, they just tell him lies

Now he worships at an altar of a stagnant pool
And when he sees his reflection, he’s fulfilled
Oh, man is opposed to fair play
He wants it all and he wants it his way

Here is Dylan performing it. You might Recognize Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits and Mick Taylor formerly of the Stones in the band:

I have provided lots of logical evidence to support my posts .
No, you haven't. Also, logical evidence is a category error. Evidence is neither logical nor illogical. It is merely evident to the senses. Logic follows, which might be valid and arrive at sound conclusions derived from that evidence, or if the reasoning is fallacious, generate non sequitur conclusions.
You are not willing or trying to understand new information .
Your words are simple and easy to understand. I simply find no value in defining human being the way you do.
You a human being , exist within a sentient being .
There's that old time religion shining through again. The sentient being isn't human, just its mind. When I was a Christian, we were taught to disesteem nature and humanity, just like the god of Abraham. These two were scoffingly and disapprovingly called "the world," which we were admonished to not be a part of, and which was deemed inferior to heaven and fit for ap[ocalyptic destruction, and "the flesh," which we were taught was base and vile, and which we would someday be released from to live a better existence. I believe that that is where your definition of human, which is what I would describe as disembodied human mind, comes from.
Image a sea sponge under the sea , the sponge does know that the water it has absorbed is independent from the sponge . Please don't reply with ''but the sponge doesn't know anything'' .
Well, that is my response - or part of it. I also wonder why you wanted to tell me this.

jes-us

You speak of truth......

That is very apparent
God has been planting thoughts into minds for a while , trying to evolve us all to the next level of evolution , becoming human .

The signs have been there for many a while , showing us who we are .

jes-us

Elsewhere, you wrote, "Human beings are formed with different variations and this is what the worlds problem is ." No, our problems derive from the superposition of intellect onto the survival impulses we inherited from our prehuman ancestors. If we could inject intellect - explicit reasoning using conventional symbols
Let me take you on a journey back in time before your body was born .

I want you to imagine the world map and then imagine empty blue boxes falling to earth , landing in what we call different countries . (These box's represent sentient beings)

All these boxes are empty of words , none of the boxes have localised flags on them , none of the boxes have colours even though I explained them as blue because at this time the words used for colours , blue , red , green , etc , didn't exist within the boxes .

The question I put to you , if the blue boxes are empty then where is humanity in this scenario ?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I am telling the truth , nothing but the truth so help me God , which God does .
So you're saying that it is true that the expansion of the universe is driven by light and souls that are resting at its periphery?

That idea is simply not true, you therefore speak falsehoods, you therefore do say things other than the truth......

Do you expect people to just take your word for that? Do you think people should accept what you say as true just because you say it's true?

And how exactly does God help you????
You are not interested in the truth , you just can't understand the truth because you are not human yet .
LOL, says you!

That's genuinely hilarious

It is so un-self aware, you should receive a prize for that......

And I like how you classify your ramblings as "truth", that too is hilarious

Tell me, what makes a thing true? The fact that you've said it?

And how dare you not call me human. How dare you say that you are human and I am not.

You are arrogant as well, I see

Your true colours are truly showing

Who exactly do you think you are??????

You are still in a state of evolution like the rest of us , ''human beings'' haven't turned into ''butterflies'' yet .
People don't evolve, people develop

You obviously don't know what evolution is, or development......

Individuals don't evolve, this is high school science stuff which you are failing at and yet you consider yourself a teacher.......

Yet again your astounding ignorance shines through

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
God has been planting thoughts into minds for a while , trying to evolve us all to the next level of evolution , becoming human .
Oh dear......

I used to think that kind of thing, until I realised I was unwell and needed help

Or are you now trying to fool us and make us think you are mentally ill, so you can get away with all your nonsense?

I think that's what you're doing, I think this is another lie

I wasn't born yesterday
The signs have been there for many a while , showing us who we are .
I hate to ask, but what signs might those be?

jes-us

Oh dear......

I used to think that kind of thing, until I realised I was unwell and needed help

Or are you now trying to fool us and make us think you are mentally ill, so you can get away with all your nonsense?

I think that's what you're doing, I think this is another lie

I wasn't born yesterday

I hate to ask, but what signs might those be?
I can read and you are barking up the wrong street .

My mental health is better than yours because I have evolved further than you in understanding what it is to be human .

All of you on this planet have severe mental health issues , none of even realise this because you all are walking around thinking you are alive and not considering only your body is alive .

Often these humans try to portray the truthful person as being mentally unwell .

Signs , you have to consider throughout history , peoples thoughts that have formed on AI etc . I provided a video link of a human inside a robot . The human inside the robot is as real as you or I , but has no feelings .