• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I know, right? The thread is (guess what?) <with lots of reverb> EVOOOOLLLLLVIIIIINNNNG!!! <Orchestral low-brass "Bum-bum-buuuuuumm" heard here> No, no, no!! This can't happen!!!
But only only the micro level because, you know, Macro-evolution (evolving from one "kind" to another) does not exist....

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
You can think what ever you like to think. God inspired all scripture. I'm not nitpicking. I expect you to respond to what I say, not to what you wish I said.
I am responding to what you said. The ancients who wrote the texts thought of light as being visible. They couldn't write about what they were unaware of. You're the one who's wishing that the writers had the same scientific knowledge that you have.

Sonofason

I am responding to what you said. The ancients who wrote the texts thought of light as being visible. They couldn't write about what they were unaware of. You're the one who's wishing that the writers had the same scientific knowledge that you have.
God knows very well what light is. God said, let their be light. It wasn't man who said it. It was God who said it. And God knows what light is. God knows what all forms of light are. He knows the whole spectrum.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
God knows very well what light is. God said, let their be light. It wasn't man who said it. It was God who said it. And God knows what light is. God knows what all forms of light are. He knows the whole spectrum.
Your use of the Forer Effect is most impressive.
Not the least bit convincing, but impressive non the less.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It is not so important to me that what I say is convincing, so long as what I say is the truth.
Logical fallacies for no other reason than confirmational bias does not lead to truth.

So now the question is whether you are ignorant of the truth or are you being dishonest?

Neither answer seems to lead to honest productive discussion.

Sonofason

God didn't write the bible. People wrote the bible. I get so sick of this mawkish notion that God wrote the bible.
That is your opinion, not mine. I believe that the Bible was completely inspired by God. Nothing was written in it that God did not intend to be written.

Sonofason

Logical fallacies for no other reason than confirmational bias does not lead to truth.

So now the question is whether you are ignorant of the truth or are you being dishonest?

Neither answer seems to lead to honest productive discussion.
The Bible says, "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Now, are you going to prove that God did not say this? Do it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The Bible says, "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Now, are you going to prove that God did not say this? Do it.

Based upon this reply I have to go with ignorant.

Good news is if you want to understand why I have to choose ignorant you can actually learn.

I seriously doubt your ego will let you, but the possibility is still there.

Sonofason

Based upon this reply I have to go with ignorant.

Good news is if you want to understand why I have to choose ignorant you can actually learn.

I seriously doubt your ego will let you, but the possibility is still there.
By all means, let this be an opportunity for learning. Please explain your choice.