• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That is your opinion, not mine. I believe that the Bible was completely inspired by God. Nothing was written in it that God did not intend to be written.
Sooo... God intended to say that the sky is a rigid dome, upon which are fixed the heavenly bodies? Got it. IOW, according to your belief, god lied.

sojourner

The Bible says, "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Now, are you going to prove that God did not say this? Do it.
God is a spirit. (John 4:24) Spirits don't have mouths. God could not have said anything. Your belief has rendered a logical conundrum that cannot be solved to your advantage. Either God is not a spirit (meaning that God lied), or God saying anything is a lie. Good luck!

Sonofason

Sooo... God intended to say that the sky is a rigid dome, upon which are fixed the heavenly bodies? Got it. IOW, according to your belief, god lied.
The bible doesn't say that the sky is literally a rigid dome. And neither does it say that the heavenly bodies are literally affixed to the sky. Got it?

sojourner

I never said He did.
You said:
"God knows very well what light is. God said, let their be light. It wasn't man who said it. It was God who said it."

You're wrong. God didn't say it. No one said it. It was written in the bible. Which people wrote.

Sonofason

God is a spirit. (John 4:24) Spirits don't have mouths. God could not have said anything. Your belief has rendered a logical conundrum that cannot be solved to your advantage. Either God is not a spirit (meaning that God lied), or God saying anything is a lie. Good luck!
Since you have never seen a spirit, and since you do not know exactly what a spirit even is, you do not know the capacity of a spirit and what a spirit can or cannot do. Any declaration on your part contrary to this fact would be a blatant lie. Your turn.

sojourner

The bible doesn't say that the sky is literally a rigid dome. And neither does it say that the heavenly bodies are literally affixed to the sky. Got it?
Sure it does. The Hebrew word translated as "firmament" is raqiya. Raqiya means "a hammered-out dome." Things that are hammered out are metal (rigid). And if that's the case, then the heavenly bodies must be affixed to it. The bible certainly does say that, because that's the definition of the term. Either God lied, or the writers wrote something that is not factual.

sojourner

Since you have never seen a spirit, and since you do not know exactly what a spirit even is, you do not know the capacity of a spirit and what a spirit can or cannot do. Any declaration on your part contrary to this fact would be a blatant lie. Your turn.
Yes. I have.

Sonofason

It's causing you to leave your reason behind and not make sense. That's what.
It is no surprise to me that you should think that considering what Jesus said. He said,
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
(John 14:16-17)

Sonofason

Sure it does. The Hebrew word translated as "firmament" is raqiya. Raqiya means "a hammered-out dome." Things that are hammered out are metal (rigid). And if that's the case, then the heavenly bodies must be affixed to it. The bible certainly does say that, because that's the definition of the term. Either God lied, or the writers wrote something that is not factual.
No, it doesn't say that. That is your interpretation, and it is incorrect. For those who refuse to understand figurative language.

Sonofason

Considering figurative language, you can be sure the sun will not rise tomorrow, nor any other day for that matter. The sun never has, and never will rise.

sojourner

No, it doesn't say that. That is your interpretation, and it is incorrect. For those who refuse to understand figurative language.
Oh, so now it's figurative. So, when "God" talks about (unseen) light, it's literal, but when "God" talks about the sky being a rigid dome, it's figurative.

Or, just maybe the ancients (who wrote the text) thought the sky really was a rigid dome, and also misunderstood the essence and source of light.

Or, here's a novel idea (not): you could just continue to move the goal posts to satisfy your belief about what the bible really says.

jonathan180iq

This was Aman's last post, a week ago...
Dear Readers, It's all they've got, and WHY they insist on teaching their Lies to our babies. All Evols have is disagreement with God's Truth and His authority. Their fear of a rightous judgment causes them to stick their nose in the air, while rushing headlong into Hades. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

I'll let Aman respond for me...
It is really fun to watch (people) fall all over themselves, just before they run away and stick their heads in the sand, because they that KNOW their precious Theory is destroyed by empirical historic evidence. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

PS:
Sorry, but in more than 18 years Online, NO Atheist, Agnostic, Religionist, nor UnBelieving Evol, on any kind, has been able to refute my view.

We miss you Aman - Come back soon.

NulliuSINverba

Dear Readers, It is impossible for Humans to have evolved from the common ancestor of Apes since Humans were made long before ANY other living creature.

And you know this ... how?

Adam, the common ancestor of ALL Humans was made the THIRD Day.

Which Bible are you citing?

The Bible clearly shows that God made the animals before he made humans. Adam was made two verses later on the sixth day (Genesis 1:26) ... after the rest of the animals had been previously created (Genesis 1:24).

I mean ... if you believe any of that stuff.

Gen 2:4-7 Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground BEFORE the first Stars of our Universe put forth their light on the FOURTH Day. Gen 1:16

The very first thing that God created was light:

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. ~ Genesis 1:3

It sounds as if you're seriously suggesting that Adam spent some ill-defined amount of time blundering around in the dark. Perhaps some billions of years even?

This means that the common ancestor of Apes, on our Earth, lived Billions of years AFTER Adam, the first Human was made, according to Scripture.

Again, the Bible indicates that all the animals had already been created when the Adam was allegedly tasked with giving them names. That's in Genesis 2:19.

Of course, I don't accept the Bible as a scientific document any more readily than a Christian would accept the Qur'an. So please refrain from citing it as if it were a scientific document.

And if you must cite the Bible, please brush up on your scholarship.

Aman725

Aman777 said: ↑
Dear Readers, It is impossible for Humans to have evolved from the common ancestor of Apes since Humans were made long before ANY other living creature.

Null:>>And you know this ... how?

Dear Null, Because I understand Genesis and you do not.

Null...Which Bible are you citing?

The King James Version with definitions by Strong's

Null:>>The Bible clearly shows that God made the animals before he made humans. Adam was made two verses later on the sixth day (Genesis 1:26) ... after the rest of the animals had been previously created (Genesis 1:24).

False, since Adam was made the THIRD Day, the SAME Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos. Gen 2:4 When Jesus made the animals from the dust, He brought them to Adam, who named them. Gen 2:19 Your view is refuted Scripturally.

Null:>>I mean ... if you believe any of that stuff.

I believe ALL of it.

Gen 2:4-7 Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground BEFORE the first Stars of our Universe put forth their light on the FOURTH Day. Gen 1:16

Null:>>The very first thing that God created was light:

Learn to read. God (Elohim, the invisible Spirit of the Trinity) became YHWH/Jesus, the Light of the first Day. Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground on the 3rd Day, the SAME Day Adam's Earth was made. Gen 2:4

Null:>>And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. ~ Genesis 1:3

This was Jesus, and He is Brighter than the Noonday Sun, and provided the light for Adam's world just as He will provide the light of the THIRD Heaven. Rev 21:23

Null:>>It sounds as if you're seriously suggesting that Adam spent some ill-defined amount of time blundering around in the dark. Perhaps some billions of years even?

Not so. Adam was in a perfect body with a Shekinah Glory like that of Jesus, and like all believers will have in Heaven. He could have easily helped Jesus name the First Stars of our Cosmos which were NOT made until the NEXT Day after Adam was made. I'm sure it was easy for Adam to fly, since Christians will mount up our wings as Eagles and fly away at the Rapture.

This means that the common ancestor of Apes, on our Earth, lived Billions of years AFTER Adam, the first Human was made, according to Scripture.

Null:>>...Again, the Bible indicates that all the animals had already been created when the Adam was allegedly tasked with giving them names. That's in Genesis 2:19.

Sure it is and Adam was formed of the dust of the ground THREE Days or Ages BEFORE the 6th Day, when the beasts and birds were made, which he named. Each of God's Days or Ages is some 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time.

Null:>>Of course, I don't accept the Bible as a scientific document any more readily than a Christian would accept the Qur'an. So please refrain from citing it as if it were a scientific document.

It is UNLESS you can refute it's Truth. Want to try?

Null:>>And if you must cite the Bible, please brush up on your scholarship.

Prepare to be informed, old unbeliever. God Bless you.

P.S. I just found this site after it was changed and I'm sure I haven't posted everything correctly. Please excuse my ignorance.

In Love,
Aman

sojourner

Aman777 said: ↑

Null:>>And you know this ... how?

Dear Null, Because I understand Genesis and you do not.

Null...Which Bible are you citing?

The King James Version with definitions by Strong's

Null:>>The Bible clearly shows that God made the animals before he made humans. Adam was made two verses later on the sixth day (Genesis 1:26) ... after the rest of the animals had been previously created (Genesis 1:24).

False, since Adam was made the THIRD Day, the SAME Day as the Big Bang of our Cosmos. Gen 2:4 When Jesus made the animals from the dust, He brought them to Adam, who named them. Gen 2:19 Your view is refuted Scripturally.

Null:>>I mean ... if you believe any of that stuff.

I believe ALL of it.

Null:>>The very first thing that God created was light:

Learn to read. God (Elohim, the invisible Spirit of the Trinity) became YHWH/Jesus, the Light of the first Day. Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground on the 3rd Day, the SAME Day Adam's Earth was made. Gen 2:4

Null:>>And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. ~ Genesis 1:3

This was Jesus, and He is Brighter than the Noonday Sun, and provided the light for Adam's world just as He will provide the light of the THIRD Heaven. Rev 21:23

Null:>>It sounds as if you're seriously suggesting that Adam spent some ill-defined amount of time blundering around in the dark. Perhaps some billions of years even?

Not so. Adam was in a perfect body with a Shekinah Glory like that of Jesus, and like all believers will have in Heaven. He could have easily helped Jesus name the First Stars of our Cosmos which were NOT made until the NEXT Day after Adam was made. I'm sure it was easy for Adam to fly, since Christians will mount up our wings as Eagles and fly away at the Rapture.

Null:>>...Again, the Bible indicates that all the animals had already been created when the Adam was allegedly tasked with giving them names. That's in Genesis 2:19.

Sure it is and Adam was formed of the dust of the ground THREE Days or Ages BEFORE the 6th Day, when the beasts and birds were made, which he named. Each of God's Days or Ages is some 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time.

Null:>>Of course, I don't accept the Bible as a scientific document any more readily than a Christian would accept the Qur'an. So please refrain from citing it as if it were a scientific document.

It is UNLESS you can refute it's Truth. Want to try?

Null:>>And if you must cite the Bible, please brush up on your scholarship.

Prepare to be informed, old unbeliever. God Bless you.

P.S. I just found this site after it was changed and I'm sure I haven't posted everything correctly. Please excuse my ignorance.

In Love,
Aman
What happened to Aman 777?