• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

A

angellous_evangellous

The bible doesn't say that the sky is literally a rigid dome. And neither does it say that the heavenly bodies are literally affixed to the sky. Got it?
This one made me laugh out loud.

Blah blah blah something dumb. Blah. Got it?

NulliuSINverba

Aman725 said:
Dear Null, Because I understand Genesis and you do not.

That empty assertion is betrayed as false by your claim that God created Adam on the third day. Your view is not supported by any evidence that I can locate. Perhaps you could cite a source that agrees with you on this point?

While you're at it, please explain Genesis 1:24-31, which clearly indicates God's creation of mankind on the sixth day:

EXHIBIT A:

"Creation Day 6 (Genesis 1:24-31) God creates all the creatures that live on dry land. This includes every type of creature not included on previous days and man. God declares this work good."

~ from What happened on each of the days of Creation?

EXHIBIT B:

“God made man on the 6th day.”

“There is no contradiction between Genesis 1 and 2. Genesis 1 is a detailed explanation of the six days of creation, day by day. Genesis two is a recap and a more detailed explanation of the sixth day, the day that Adam and Eve were made. The recap is stated in Gen. 2:4, "This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven." Then, Moses goes on to detail the creation of Adam and Eve as is seen in verses 7 thru 24 of Gen. 2. Proof that it is not a creative account is found in the fact that animals aren't even mentioned until after the creation of Adam. Why? Probably because their purpose was designated by Adam. They didn't need to be mentioned until after Adam was created.”

~ from Christians, on what day did God create humans?

EXHIBIT C:

‘Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” And God created man in His own image, in the image of GodHe created him; male and female He created them. And God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so. And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.”

~ from Adam and the animals - Day 6 - creation.com

That's only the tip of the iceberg. I'll be happy to continue piling citation after citation atop these if you so desire. I'm willing to do so not because I think that they prove anything true … but because they serve as ample evidence that your knowledge of scripture is remedial and that your assertions regarding the Christian Creation Myth® are false.

As to your pseudo-scientific claims? They don't even rise to a debatable level. They are “not even wrong.”

In fact, it's readily apparent that this discussion is more appropriate to whatever section of this forum pertains to scriptural disputes. Again, the Bible isn't a scientific document and this is looking more and more like a scriptural dispute and less and less like a scientific one.

It is UNLESS you can refute it's Truth. Want to try?

You're in error. You are the one citing scripture in lieu of scientific evidence. So the burden of proof is squarely on you to demonstrate that your chosen evidence in true. You've not demonstrated that anything in the Bible is true. What you have demonstrated is a lamentably bad understanding of the Bible.

I'll invite you to stop making empty assertions and start substantiating your claims. Such as:

Each of God's Days or Ages is some 4.5 Billion years in length, in man's time.

Please indicate some sort of evidence to support that claim. Even the Bible itself is silent on this issue.

Regarding the scientific elements of this discussion, any additional citations from scripture (and especially ones that are demonstrably erroneous) will not be admissible as evidence. You are invited to move on from strictly theological sources.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Bravo. Owning up to it is the first step towards overcoming it.

In the hopes of facilitating that process, allow me to once again recommend that you put the Bible down and move on to documents that are scientific in nature.

Unless you can offer something aside from unsubstantiated assertions and erroneous citations from scripture, all future commentary from you on this point will be regarded as vacuous trolling and ignored.

Thanks for playing.

Renji

Dear Readers, It is impossible for Humans to have evolved from the common ancestor of Apes since Humans were made long before ANY other living creature. Adam, the common ancestor of ALL Humans was made the THIRD Day. Gen 2:4-7 Jesus made Adam of the dust of the ground BEFORE the first Stars of our Universe put forth their light on the FOURTH Day. Gen 1:16

This means that the common ancestor of Apes, on our Earth, lived Billions of years AFTER Adam, the first Human was made, according to Scripture. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
And this is your evidence?

Aman725

Aman725 said:
Dear Null, Because I understand Genesis and you do not.Click to expand...

Null:>>That empty assertion is betrayed as false by your claim that God created Adam on the third day. Your view is not supported by any evidence that I can locate. Perhaps you could cite a source that agrees with you on this point?

Dear Null, Genesis 2:4-7 tells us that on the 3rd Day, the SAME Day the Earth was made (3rd Day Gen 1:9-10) but BEFORE the plants herbs and rain, that Jesus made Adam from the dust of the ground, as a Potter molds the clay, and Adam became a living being. If you don't believe me, then read Gen 8-9 and you will see that the TREES made on the 3rd Day (Gen 1:12) were made AFTER Adam was made.

Null:>>While you're at it, please explain Genesis 1:24-31, which clearly indicates God's creation of mankind on the sixth day:

Sure. Gen 1:27 tells us that on the 6th Day, AFTER Jesus made Eve (Gen 2:22), and AFTER Cain killed Abel, God (Elohim-the Trinity) CREATED both Adam and Eve in God's Image, which IS Christ, Spiritually. God Bless you.

Aman725

And this is your evidence?

Dear Renji, Absolutely and it is the BEST and ONLY evidence available UNLESS you have evidence of what happened BEFORE our Earth was formed some 4.53 Billion years ago. If you do post it. I don't think you do. I think all you've got is Bluff. God Bless you

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Dear Renji, Absolutely and it is the BEST and ONLY evidence available UNLESS you have evidence of what happened BEFORE our Earth was formed some 4.53 Billion years ago. If you do post it. I don't think you do. I think all you've got is Bluff. God Bless you
No one has evidence of what happened before the earth was formed.

Aman725

No one has evidence of what happened before the earth was formed.

Dear sojourner, Sure we do, but those who have NOT been born again Spiritually, won't believe us. God told us that the Scoffers/Evols of the last days of this Earth would be "willingly ignorant" that Adam's world was dissolved in the Flood and that the present world will be burned. ll Peter 3:3-7

Are you "willingly ignorant" of God's Truth which shows that the False ToE is in error? God Bless you.

sojourner

Dear sojourner, Sure we do, but those who have NOT been born again Spiritually, won't believe us. God told us that the Scoffers/Evols of the last days of this Earth would be "willingly ignorant" that Adam's world was dissolved in the Flood and that the present world will be burned. ll Peter 3:3-7

Are you "willingly ignorant" of God's Truth which shows that the False ToE is in error? God Bless you.
2 Peter 3:3-7:

"First of all you must understand this, that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and indulging their own lusts 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our ancestors died,[a] all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation!” 5 They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago and an earth was formed out of water and by means of water, 6 through which the world of that time was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the present heavens and earth have been reserved for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the godless."

Hmmm... I don't see anything in here about "Evols." Nor do I read anything about "Adam's world." Seems like more of your unfounded, fundamentalist, fanatical "interpretation" to me...

Or are you "willfully ignorant of God's Truth?" Sure sounds like it to me, the way you're misrepresenting the text.

Hell, I'll even quote it in your *precious* KJ:

"3 knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Nope. Still nothing like you claim.

You evil scoffer, you!

NulliuSINverba

Aman725 said:
Genesis 2:4-7 tells us that on the 3rd Da--

Hold it right there. Please cite a translation of the Christian Bible wherein Genesis 2:4-7 provides a day-to-day account of the creation. If you cannot do so, I'll be obliged to brand you a troll (at best) and a willfully deceptive BS artist (at worst).

You're skating on non-existent ice. I know it. You know it.

Gen 1:27 tells us that on the 6th Day, AFTER Jesus made Eve (Gen 2:22), and AFTER Cain killed Abel, God (Elohim-the Trinity) CREATED both Adam and Eve in God's Image, which IS Christ, Spiritually. God Bless you.

God created Adam and Eve after their son killed his brother? Seriously?

That's it. You're in the theological dog house.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Evidence for the formation of Earth is available. It's no secret.......

Aman725

2 Peter 3:3-7:

"First of all you must understand this, that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and indulging their own lusts 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since our ancestors died,[a] all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation!” 5 They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago and an earth was formed out of water and by means of water, 6 through which the world of that time was deluged with water and perished. 7 But by the same word the present heavens and earth have been reserved for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the godless."

Hmmm... I don't see anything in here about "Evols." Nor do I read anything about "Adam's world." Seems like more of your unfounded, fundamentalist, fanatical "interpretation" to me...

Dear Sojourner, I will show you what it says from the KJV below:

Or are you "willfully ignorant of God's Truth?" Sure sounds like it to me, the way you're misrepresenting the text.

Hell, I'll even quote it in your *precious* KJ:

"3 knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

In the last days Scoffers/Evols will mock Christians by asking them WHERE is Jesus? I've had them ask me that many times, and everyone of them was a Godless Evol.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of,

"Willingly ignorant" which means they IGNORE Gods Truth in favor of man's False Theory of Evolution. Up to the last days, these "so called" scientists were just IGNORANT, but AFTER the coming debate, they will be willingly ignorant of:

that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

They won't believe what I have been telling you while you were mocking me. They won't believe that Adam's world, the world that THEN WAS perished, which in Greek means destroyed totally. Are you a Scoffer? Yes.

7 but the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

The heavens and earth, WHICH ARE NOW, are the SAME heavens and earth of Peter, the Apostle, and they will be burned.

Dear Readers, Watch this Evol squirm, call names, and imply that I'm nuts, but NOTICE that he will be unable to refute me Scripturally, Scientifically, or Historically, and that will just make him nastier. God Bless you.

Nope. Still nothing like you claim.

You evil scoffer, you!

sojourner

Aaaaaaand... your reply to this is.... nonexistent? Wow! Hey, boys and girls! I talked him down!

Sonofason

Oh, so now it's figurative. So, when "God" talks about (unseen) light, it's literal, but when "God" talks about the sky being a rigid dome, it's figurative.

Or, just maybe the ancients (who wrote the text) thought the sky really was a rigid dome, and also misunderstood the essence and source of light.

Or, here's a novel idea (not): you could just continue to move the goal posts to satisfy your belief about what the bible really says.
It doesn't take rocket science to understand the Bible, just faith.