• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Thief

Rogue Theologian
There is certainly a lot of similarity between human death and animal death, don't you think?

I'm always puzzled by these questions from you. Do you think people choose to be mortal?

Let the dead bury the dead....so I've heard.

And you think it's all the same?......really?

As for being mortal......nay.
As for being spiritual.....yeah.

If you wish to die....granted....you will.
If you wish to live....that's another train of thought.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Let the dead bury the dead....so I've heard.

And you think it's all the same?......really?

I think death is just death. There is not much of a mystery to it. The only difference between the death of humans and that of animals is that humans have some slightly specific abilities that other animals have not yet mastered (but probably will if we survive long enough).

As for being mortal......nay.
As for being spiritual.....yeah.

If you wish to die....granted....you will.
If you wish to live....that's another train of thought.

You seem to be saying that I have a choice to somehow "be spiritual" in order to... live forever in some way? Is that it?

That is sort of vague, and not particularly persuasive anyway.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I think death is just death. There is not much of a mystery to it. The only difference between the death of humans and that of animals is that humans have some slightly specific abilities that other animals have not yet mastered (but probably will if we survive long enough).

You seem to be saying that I have a choice to somehow "be spiritual" in order to... live forever in some way? Is that it?

That is sort of vague, and not particularly persuasive anyway.

And there is no mystery to the existence of Man.
We are here to learn all that we can before we die.
We are built that way.

What then?....total failure to survive the last breath?
Billions of unique spirits and no one continues into the spiritual life?
Not one chance in billions?

I think THAT is irrational.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And there is no mystery to the existence of Man.
We are here to learn all that we can before we die.
We are built that way.

Personally I think it is a bit more accidental and undirected than that.

Many people seem to disagree, for reasons that aren't always all that clear to me.

That is ok, but I can't help but wonder why a few of them expect me to "see that they are right" or something. That is just odd, IMO.

What then?....total failure to survive the last breath?

Death tends to be quite fatal, if the evidence is anything to go by. That is only a problem if we expect it to be, though.

Billions of unique spirits and no one continues into the spiritual life?
Not one chance in billions?

I don't really believe in spirits, and I have a hunch that even if I did I would not value their survival. When I think of spirits as if they existed at all, I tend to adopt a concept not too dissimilar from Rene Guenon's. They are simply not worth a lot of attention.

I think THAT is irrational.

It would probably be irrational if we had evidence for the existence of spirits and reason to expect them to be in some way a lasting personal essence capable of surviving the death of the body.

I don't think we do, nor do I want to. If you do, all the best. Not sure why it troubles you so that others do not.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's the odds.
I saw the demo done by a scientist.
They have equations....if you can believe such things!

So as the numbers develop....the odds of life as we know it.....slim.

Seems when all of the considerations are made.....there is little likelihood we humans could exist.

That might seem 'odd'.
We've been here for awhile.
We seem to be suited for this existence.
As if 'something' was in control and guiding the formation.

Science doesn't like to cross the line.....equation to belief.
If you can't put it in a petri dish....it won't gel.

But then again....the garden of Eden has all of those earmarks.

Aman777

Bible Believer
What is the evidence adam was from an alien planet?

Dear idav, For more than 99% of the time since prehistoric mankind diverged from Chimps, he remained an animal. Noah arrived some 10k years ago, which is LESS than 1% of the time since prehistoric people diverged from Chimps, and ALL of the traits of modern Humans have appeared since Noah arrived.

Adam was NOT from an alien Planet, but came from the first Biosphere, which was floating in Lake Van, Turkey, until it sank and released the Ark into the Lake. Human civilization can be observed, on this Earth, from that point in time. The FIRST world was formed in and was totally surrounded by WATER Gen 1:6-8 until the windows of the firmament were opened. Our world is NOT surrounded by water, and would NOT dissolve in the Flood as Adam's Earth did. Isaiah 24:19

The map of the fertile crescent records this event and NO Evol can explain WHY there is NO evidence of modern Humans, (farming, city building, math, technology, etc.) on this Earth, until Noah arrived. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

Don't look for Science to recognize this event since it absolulutely DESTROYS the idea that we evolved from Apes, because there is NO evidence of How and When prehistoric people became Human. In order to believe such foolishness, you MUST accept the False idea that Humans Magically changed from animal to Human intelligence. That is the FALSE Religion (belief) that is being forced upon our children in the Public Schools. With NO evidence, it's nothing more than a False Religion and totally UnConstitutional.

Don't believe me? Then produce evidence of How and When prehistoric people changed from animal to Human intelligence. There is NONE. I will wait for you to post just ONE piece of evidence which shows this, but I won't hold my breath. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

idav

Being
Premium Member
Dear idav, For more than 99% of the time since prehistoric mankind diverged from Chimps, he remained an animal. Noah arrived some 10k years ago, which is LESS than 1% of the time since prehistoric people diverged from Chimps, and ALL of the traits of modern Humans have appeared since Noah arrived.

Adam was NOT from an alien Planet, but came from the first Biosphere, which was floating in Lake Van, Turkey, until it sank and released the Ark into the Lake. Human civilization can be observed, on this Earth, from that point in time. The FIRST world was formed in and was totally surrounded by WATER Gen 1:6-8 until the windows of the firmament were opened. Our world is NOT surrounded by water, and would NOT dissolve in the Flood as Adam's Earth did. Isaiah 24:19

The map of the fertile crescent records this event and NO Evol can explain WHY there is NO evidence of modern Humans, (farming, city building, math, technology, etc.) on this Earth, until Noah arrived. Map: Fertile Cresent, 9000 to 4500 BCE

Don't look for Science to recognize this event since it absolulutely DESTROYS the idea that we evolved from Apes, because there is NO evidence of How and When prehistoric people became Human. In order to believe such foolishness, you MUST accept the False idea that Humans Magically changed from animal to Human intelligence. That is the FALSE Religion (belief) that is being forced upon our children in the Public Schools. With NO evidence, it's nothing more than a False Religion and totally UnConstitutional.

Don't believe me? Then produce evidence of How and When prehistoric people changed from animal to Human intelligence. There is NONE. I will wait for you to post just ONE piece of evidence which shows this, but I won't hold my breath. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
People dont normally depend on noah for an accurate timeline of evolution. There is plenty of explanations, none that I have heard as fantastical as your explanation that noah came from another planet with all the technology. Alien theories dont hold water like our more naturalist explanations.

Aman777

Bible Believer
People dont normally depend on noah for an accurate timeline of evolution. There is plenty of explanations, none that I have heard as fantastical as your explanation that noah came from another planet with all the technology. Alien theories dont hold water like our more naturalist explanations.

Dear idav, Don't ask me to waste my time and cyber space replying to you when you don't read what I posted. Here it is again>>>>>>Adam was NOT from an alien Planet, but came from the first Biosphere, which was floating in Lake Van, Turkey<<<<<<<<

Where did I refer to another Planet? Either you cannot read and comprehend, or you just hand waved off my previous post. Right? :yes: God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

idav

Being
Premium Member
Dear idav, Don't ask me to waste my time and cyber space replying to you when you don't read what I posted. Here it is again>>>>>>Adam was NOT from an alien Planet, but came from the first Biosphere, which was floating in Lake Van, Turkey<<<<<<<<

Where did I refer to another Planet? Either you cannot read and comprehend, or you just hand waved off my previous post. Right? :yes: God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

You have said adam didnt step foot on this planet and noah arrived to earth. Then that biosphere is an alien planet that we have no evidence ever existed.

Delta-9

It's the odds.

Seems when all of the considerations are made.....there is little likelihood we humans could exist.

That might seem 'odd'.

It isn't odd at all that we are suited for the existence we happen to live in; natural selection molds our traits to fit into the environment we find ourselves in.

I don't think the odds of life is as slim as you portray. Consider that there are billions of galaxies, with billions of stars, many with planets. Then look at the chemical makeup of the universe, mostly hydrogen, then helium, oxygen, and carbon. The most abundant molecule is hydrogen (H2), followed by water (H2O), and life as we know it is carbon based.

I don't even think the basic idea of humans is that farfetched. Basically we are a social species that gained intelligence largely as a need to communicate with each other and establish social groups. Social species do have a good niche going on, cooperation is an invaluable trait. I'd say any planet that can sustain decent sized multi-cellular lifeforms for long periods of time will eventually have a species that is intelligent like humans.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It's the odds.

That might seem 'odd'.

No calculation states that we have an impossibly high statistic for life. We are in the best possible place in our galaxy, the best kind of possible star on the best possible kind of planet with the best kind of moon with other things such as the distance and orbit of gas giants. The chances that life happens on earth seems to be getting better and better.

Isn't it strange how its "amazing" that life shows up exactly where we would expect it too?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Of course odds for life are going to be whatever we observe. If odds are low this woukd be almost if not the only planet with life. If we happen o find more planets with life then the probability goes up but we arent going with any real data on that right now. Regardless the results are self confirming and doesn't give a motive of origins, just says how it is. An intelligent being can go for random chance just as much as nature can.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The retrospective probability of life on earth is 1.0 since this is Earth and life is here. The prospective probability is impossible to calculate because we lack sufficient detailed data. A lot of authorities express the view that the probability of life is rather high in any Goldilocks situation, which is appearing to be more common that originally thought.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The evidence is shown by your ability to post. ONLY Humans post because all Humans have inherited the highest form of intelligence from Adam, who was a man who never stepped foot on this Earth, NO animal posts, and please don't tell me Humans are animals.

I shall. Humans are animals.

Our ability to "post" is nothing more than further refinement of communications technology. Animals don't post because those who have the physical ability to do so, and the capability for complex communication and abstract thinking, are not taught how to read and write.

Elephants can still paint.

The historic evidence is there to see but Peter tells us that the Scoffers/Evols of the last days will be "willingly ignorant" of the Truth that Adam's world was totally destroyed in the Flood and that our world will be burned. ll Peter 3;3-7 For more than 99% of the time since mankind diverged from Chimps, prehistoric man roamed the Earth. slept in holes, and chased little animals to eat. He never planted a crop nor built a house, nor a city.
I wouldn't call Mammoths "little".

And you don't know what they may have built or not. But here's something they did build: Gobekli Tepe. That's about 12,000 years old.

Gobekli Tepe: The World

FURTHERMORE, about 10,000 years ago is when the Native Americans first came to the Americas via an ancient landbridge that once connected Siberia and Alaska. Considering the geography and time it takes to travel by foot, by your logic, they wouldn't have been humans, but "prehistoric man", incapable of planting crops or building cities.

But plant crops and build cities they did.

, within ONE generation
Only one? And how could you possibly know the number of generations it took?

FYI, The sons of God (prehistoric people) and Humans (Adam's descendants) could produce children with each other. Gen 6:1-4
Therefore, there were human.
Since then, in LESS than 1% of the time since mankind diverged from Chimps, the descendants of Adam (Humans) have gone from Caves to the Moon and back safely, because Humans did NOT evolve from Apes.
That's just complex tool usage.

Are you willingly ignorant of God's Truth?
Why am I reminded of a demotivational poster that went: "You wouldn't disagree with me... unless you're an IDIOT! You're not an IDIOT, are you????"

Last edited:

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Life is really nothing more than complex interactions. I would say the probability of other similar complex interactions occuring elsewhere in our galaxy or the universe is extremely high. Given enough time and the right conditions those complex interactions we call life, or similar life-like interactions are inevitable.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes. Is that a problem?

'Course we do. After all, we're alive right now.

Don't know about you, but as much as I love this life, I don't want to live forever.

That indicates you have not considered the potential of the next life.
You may be selling yourself short.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Life is really nothing more than complex interactions. I would say the probability of other similar complex interactions occuring elsewhere in our galaxy or the universe is extremely high. Given enough time and the right conditions those complex interactions we call life, or similar life-like interactions are inevitable.

Exactly what heaven is about.
Given the right conditions......(they don't allow everyone in)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No calculation states that we have an impossibly high statistic for life. We are in the best possible place in our galaxy, the best kind of possible star on the best possible kind of planet with the best kind of moon with other things such as the distance and orbit of gas giants. The chances that life happens on earth seems to be getting better and better.

Isn't it strange how its "amazing" that life shows up exactly where we would expect it too?

Yeah!.....so many billions of planets....and here we are.....
As if God Himself CHOSE these most excellent conditions.

Delta-9

Yeah!.....so many billions of planets....and here we are.....
As if God Himself CHOSE these most excellent conditions.

A profound insight of natural selection (which actually started in the abiogenesis stage) is that life conforms to deal with the conditions in the already present environment; life is plastic to the environment.

You should read up on the environment of the early Earth, and see just how hostile it was to human life. Only through a back and forth, which took billions of years, between ancient life slowly changing Earth's environments and new organisms evolving to capitalize on the change, was the stage set for human life. Don't thank God for hospitable conditions for us humans, thank our ancestors and their (evolutionary) cousins billions of years ago.