• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Dear sojourner, First printed in 1989, it contains the thoughts of the interpreters and does not allow access to the original words. It's a Revision of a Revision and does NOT agree with the KJV because it puts the Theological views of the "modern" translators into God's Holy Word by adding to what is written.

All people who preach another Gospel look alike to me. I forgot which group you belong to. Tell us unless you would rather keep it secret, thus allowing you to Falsely accuse those who don't use your Altered and Revised version of Scripture, of not posting what the Bible teaches. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Interesting how you so proudly display your hypocrisy...
Or is it perhaps ignorance of the KJV?

Aman777

Bible Believer
But you're not saying, "this is what I see the words as saying." You're claiming that "this is what the words are saying. You claim to interpret the texts literalistic ally -- which means "they say what they say." You don't get to come along later and claim, "This is the meaning behind the words."

If you're claiming "this is what the text says," then you're going to have to produce a text that actually says what you claim it says. If you're going to claim "this is my interpretation of what it says," then you're going to have to back up that interpretation with some actual exegetical evidence.

You're doing neither one.

Dear sojourner, All that I can do is list the text and tell you what it says to me. IF you don't agree, then list your text which refutes me. You cannot seem to do that so you nit pick and whine and claim that YOUR altered and paraphrased bible doesn't say the same as my KJV. Whooptedoo. Unless you have something to actually offer, I will ignore your twisted and completely distorted views, since you are doing nothing but disagreeing. Have a nice Day. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Sonofason

So let me get this straight. You don't accept the facts of evolution as presented to you by multiple scientist in various fields of study yet you admit you don't know of any evidence that refutes the theory. Do I have that correct?.....:confused:

That's right, I have seen nothing convincing from either side of the argument. Neither side has convinced me that they are right. I have seen no evidence from either side.

Intertia

Why do people take the creation of man so literally? I mean, even if the bible is full of truths, which I'm not claiming it is or isn't, so don't jump at me, how would anybody be able to write about it?

Unless the two humans present (Adam or Eve) wrote this part, some of it has to be metaphorical at best. No, even then, as unless god spoke directly to them about the creation of the universe. (I'm not expert on the bible so I don't know if he did.) They would just be making guesses.

Also, this creation theory goes against any common reasoning, why would it take a being which exists outside of time, an amount of time, relative to how the earth spins around the sun, to make the universe?

I'm not saying you can't hold these beliefs, OP, that is your choice and if it provides you with happiness and certainty go ahead, but don't try to debate it...

Last edited:

Intertia

Sonofason, and OP, and any other christians/catholics, I have one question for you, and I wish to ask it in a respectful manner.

Is it simply because evolution goes against the bible that you can't accept it?

Outside of that, wouldn't it be better to use evolution as a tool created by god? In essence, due to it's randomness, it kind of like a device that has free will, right?

Seems like it could be totally fine in reference to a God. Is it so hard to make exceptions to certain parts of the book that don't seem very rational at all, based on the knowledge we have of the world today.

Science is only an enemy of religion if religious people refuse to accept that an intelligent being would probably put these devices in nature, and we may have not known about them when the bible was written, so writers may have taken creative liberties.
Perhaps you could inform as to whether Jesus ever references the creation theory?

Sonofason

Sonofason, and OP, and any other christians/catholics, I have one question for you, and I wish to ask it in a respectful manner.

Is it simply because evolution goes against the bible that you can't accept it?

Outside of that, wouldn't it be better to use evolution as a tool created by god? In essence, due to it's randomness, it kind of like a device that has free will, right?

Seems like it could be totally fine in reference to a God. Is it so hard to make exceptions to certain parts of the book that don't seem very rational at all, based on the knowledge we have of the world today.

Science is only an enemy of religion if religious people refuse to accept that an intelligent being would probably put these devices in nature, and we may have not known about them when the bible was written, so writers may have taken creative liberties.
Perhaps you could inform as to whether Jesus ever references the creation theory?

I believe it is quite logical to view evolution as a tool of God, however, I have not seen convincing evidence of evolution, so I I do not believe in evolution. I do not dis-believe in evolution either. I honestly don't know if evolution is true. Nor do I really care. Evolution has nothing to offer me.

Intertia

I believe it is quite logical to view evolution as a tool of God, however, I have not seen convincing evidence of evolution, so I I do not believe in evolution. I do not dis-believe in evolution either. I honestly don't know if evolution is true. Nor do I really care. Evolution has nothing to offer me.

Well, if evolution is a tool of god, could it not provide some insight as to how the creator works?

It's fine if you don't have an opinion on it being true or not, but if it were as undeniably true as gravity, I do think it would have a lot of interesting things to be learned.

Sonofason

Well, if evolution is a tool of god, could it not provide some insight as to how the creator works?

It's fine if you don't have an opinion on it being true or not, but if it were as undeniably true as gravity, I do think it would have a lot of interesting things to be learned.

I really don't need to know how God works. It is quite sufficient to know that He does.

Intertia

I really don't need to know how God works. It is quite sufficient to know that He does.

Hmm, I always thought Christianity was getting to know God/Jesus. But it's your choice how to approach your religion.

I'm personally fascinated by the concept of evolution, so I might be projecting that onto you.

Thanks for the polite responses though.

God bless you.

Sonofason

Hmm, I always thought Christianity was getting to know God/Jesus. But it's your choice how to approach your religion.

I'm personally fascinated by the concept of evolution, so I might be projecting that onto you.

Thanks for the polite responses though.

God bless you.

Christianity is about following Christ.
I believe evolution is quite logical, even though I have seen no acceptable evidence proving it to be true.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Indeed, there is some knowledge that is worthless knowledge. I don't mind choosing ignorance in some areas of my life.

Except that an understanding of evolution is necessary in the medical field. Bacteria, parasites, microbes, and other pathogens are constantly evolving. You don't think that this knowledge is necessary in the treatment and prevention of diseases and illnesses in humans?

There is no such thing as useless knowledge. Learning something that you did not know before will never be a bad thing... ever.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

That sort of mindset in general is just not something I agree with though. Humans would not have progressed to where we are today with an "oh well, this is good enough, I guess" kind of attitude.

Sonofason

Except that an understanding of evolution is necessary in the medical field. Bacteria, parasites, microbes, and other pathogens are constantly evolving. You don't think that this knowledge is necessary in the treatment and prevention of diseases and illnesses in humans?

There is no such thing as useless knowledge. Learning something that you did not know before will never be a bad thing... ever.

The medical field is not necessary. There is nothing wrong with dying.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Said the
photo.jpg

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Wow. This is news to me. I better go tell my grandfather on my father's side who is currently dying of stage 4 lung cancer to stop taking Chemotherapy so that he can be able to make it long enough to join us for family Christmas this year.