• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Sonofason

Wow. This is news to me. I better go tell my grandfather on my father's side who is currently dying of stage 4 lung cancer to stop taking Chemotherapy so that he can be able to make it long enough to join us for family Christmas this year.

Sorry for your inevitable loss.

Sonofason

I don't consider sending man to the moon, finding cures for diseases, and making advancements in technology to be "digression" from believing the earth was flat and living in caves. No. I definitely meant progress.

I'm sorry, but, I don't know anyone who believes that the earth is flat. And I certainly don't believe that people who live in houses are better than people who lived in caves.

Sonofason

The Flat Earth Society

So you can honestly say you don't prefer living in a house with your fancy cook top stove, to sitting in a cave roasting roaches over a fire?

Living in a house can be more convenient. But I have seen some real scum bags living in houses. Convenience is not necessarily better. I would never consider myself better or even smarter than someone who chooses to live in a cave. Why do you think you are better than ancient cave dwellers?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Living in a house can be more convenient. But I have seen some real scum bags living in houses. Convenience is not necessarily better. I would never consider myself better or even smarter than someone who chooses to live in a cave. Why do you think you are better than ancient cave dwellers?

I never said "better" I said "progressed." And you yourself just admitted that we have "progressed" by admitting that houses are more convient for you than caves are. Your standard of living is better than it would have been had you lived 2,000+ years ago.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
If you think convenient is synonymous with progress, you should perhaps refer to a dictionary.

Progress

[n. prog-res, -ruh s or, esp. British, proh-gres; v. pruh-gres]

noun
a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage:
the progress of a student toward a degree.

developmental activity in science, technology, etc., especially with reference to the commercial opportunities created thereby or to the promotion of the material well-being of the public through the goods, techniques, or facilities created.

Source: Progress | Define Progress at Dictionary.com

averageJOE

zombie
I believe it is quite logical to view evolution as a tool of God, however, I have not seen convincing evidence of evolution, so I I do not believe in evolution. I do not dis-believe in evolution either. I honestly don't know if evolution is true. Nor do I really care. Evolution has nothing to offer me.

If you take medicine then you are partaking in a product offered by evolution.

Sonofason

Progress

[n. prog-res, -ruh s or, esp. British, proh-gres; v. pruh-gres]

noun
a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage:
the progress of a student toward a degree.

developmental activity in science, technology, etc., especially with reference to the commercial opportunities created thereby or to the promotion of the material well-being of the public through the goods, techniques, or facilities created.

Source: Progress | Define Progress at Dictionary.com

Well, by those definitions, I guess anything can be considered progress. So long as you're taking steps toward some goal, your making progress. One man's progress is another man's digression.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Well, by those definitions, I guess anything can be considered progress. So long as you're taking steps toward some goal, your making progress. One man's progress is another man's digression.

And we are making progress. Every little development in technology. Every little thing we do to improve the quality of life. It is all making progress toward the betterment of mankind.

Sonofason

And we are making progress. Every little development in technology. Every little thing we do to improve the quality of life. It is all making progress toward the betterment of mankind.

No, no, it is not for the betterment of mankind. It is progress toward an intended goal, but it is not necessarily for the betterment of mankind.

Sonofason

"Antibiotic resistance occurs when bacteria change in some way that reduces or eliminates the effectiveness of drugs, chemicals, or other agents designed to cure or prevent infections. The bacteria survive and continue to multiply causing more harm."
Why are bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics? - RxList

You think you are saving lives, instead you are destroying lives.

dust1n

Zindīq
"Antibiotic resistance occurs when bacteria change in some way that reduces or eliminates the effectiveness of drugs, chemicals, or other agents designed to cure or prevent infections. The bacteria survive and continue to multiply causing more harm."
Why are bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics? - RxList

You think you are saving lives, instead you are destroying lives.

"Repeated and improper uses of antibiotics are primary causes of the increase in drug-resistant bacteria. While antibiotics should be used to treat bacterial infections, they are not effective against viral infections like the common cold, most sore throats, and the flu."

Your own source.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
First printed in 1989, it contains the thoughts of the interpreters and does not allow access to the original words. It's a Revision of a Revision and does NOT agree with the KJV because it puts the Theological views of the "modern" translators into God's Holy Word by adding to what is written.
Patently a lie. all translations contain the thoughts of the interpreters, because that's how translation is done. The NRSV takes advantage of much older texts than the translators of the King James had in 1611. It also takes advantage of advances in scholarship that allow the translators to "look back" further than the KJ translators were able to do. It doesn't exactly agree with the KJ, because it's more accurate than the KJ. It hasn't "added" anything.

I call bull spit on your post.
All people who preach another Gospel look alike to me.
IOW, you're prejudiced.
to Falsely accuse those who don't use your Altered and Revised version of Scripture, of not posting what the Bible teaches.
I accuse you of not posting what the bible says, as you claim to do. So, you're guilty of falsehood here on two counts: 1) lying about the NRSV and 2) claiming to post what the bible says and then posting something else.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Dear sojourner, All that I can do is list the text and tell you what it says to me. IF you don't agree, then list your text which refutes me. You cannot seem to do that so you nit pick and whine and claim that YOUR altered and paraphrased bible doesn't say the same as my KJV. Whooptedoo. Unless you have something to actually offer, I will ignore your twisted and completely distorted views, since you are doing nothing but disagreeing. Have a nice Day. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
What's twisted and distorted is the fact that you post your opinion and then don't allow anyone else to post their opinions. I posted what the bible says. you didn't Who's lying. Unless you have something to actually offer besides a very twisted and unfounded opinion of what's actually written, I shall ignore your twisted and completely distorted views, since you are doing nothing but disagreeing.

Sonofason

"Repeated and improper uses of antibiotics are primary causes of the increase in drug-resistant bacteria. While antibiotics should be used to treat bacterial infections, they are not effective against viral infections like the common cold, most sore throats, and the flu."

Your own source.

Yet, the bacteria become resistant, don't they?

A primary cause, to me, doesn't sound like the only cause. It seems you are covering something up. You are failing to acknowledge something very important.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
That's right, I have seen nothing convincing from either side of the argument. Neither side has convinced me that they are right. I have seen no evidence from either side.

So you've seen none and have no evidence that refutes the fatc of evolution...so what makes you so sure evolution is false if you can't bring forth evidence to disprove it....:confused:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I believe it is quite logical to view evolution as a tool of God, however, I have not seen convincing evidence of evolution, so I I do not believe in evolution. I do not dis-believe in evolution either. I honestly don't know if evolution is true. Nor do I really care. Evolution has nothing to offer me.

So what do you consider "convincing evidence" of evolution...?